Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sexist Pig

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
This all day long. I'm genuinely disturbed by some attitudes on here. If it's a harmless compliment is like to see how some on here would react if their wife or daughter received that exact message in that context. It's totally unacceptable.

I can't be arsed to go any further in this thread other than to say NIbble is right.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
obviously its not possible people are just reading a thread and come across more of your drivel (18000 posts) ……no, they must be deliberately hunting you out(not a particularly difficult task).

Full of your own self importance much?

Well if I've been a bore, I apologise.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"my comment was aimed at the professional quality of the presentation on LinkedIn which was unfortunately misinterpreted"

Yeah, course it was. What a bellend........
Yeah, that must be why he started the line with 'I appreciate that this is probably horrendously politically incorrect'.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ffs guys, men don't pay women compliments without a hidden agenda, he tried his luck and failed, now get over it, it happens all the time every frigging day!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
If that was how she reacted to a compliment...what would she had said if he said she was an ugly old bint....get over it girl...there are too many righteous people offended at anything on this planet.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
An unwise comment from the fellow in this day and age, but hardly crime of the century. Total overreaction from the lady.
Result; they both look rather foolish and lack judgement.
As an old git of 67, I can't get too excercised by this kind of thing..........not worth wasting the energy.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
An unwise comment from the fellow in this day and age, but hardly crime of the century. Total overreaction from the lady.
Result; they both look rather foolish and lack judgement.
As an old git of 67, I can't get too excercised by this kind of thing..........not worth wasting the energy.

This all day long.

But I still bet she's got small tits.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Ffs guys, men don't pay women compliments without a hidden agenda, he tried his luck and failed, now get over it, it happens all the time every frigging day!

Yeah I must admit, every time I compliment my 80yo mother-in-law about her new haircut, I'm really aiming to tempt her into my pleasure.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Without checking, is this woman on the front page of the Sun today headlined by "My sexism hell: Depraved Internet pervert led me to a path of drink, drugs and suicide attempts - full story pages 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 and special pull out feature"

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Without checking, is this woman on the front page of the Sun today headlined by "My sexism hell: Depraved Internet pervert led me to a path of drink, drugs and suicide attempts - full story pages 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 and special pull out feature"

You forgot the picture on page 3 with her in a barristers wig, stocking and suspenders........

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well I think it is a complete and total overreaction and makes me quite angry, angry because this stupid women has undermined real cases of abuse, verbal and physical including rape by trying to make out a Man making a compliment to her is in anyway the same thing. It was a clumsy bit of flattery from a bloke who is probably having a bit of a mid life crisis, to make him out to be the Devil's Spawn is frankly laughable and she comes across as a bitch from hell for seeing an opportunity to make a name for herself at his expense. It is utterly ridiculous the whole thing, she is not on a moral sexism crusade, she is a very silly woman

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So that public school education which you stated enabled you to ''debate without resorting to insults'' didnt work too well then ??

Careful Bushy, if you keep pointing out Nibble's hypocrisy he'll add you to the list of trolls he keeps and claim to be bored :thumbsup:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
For my two pence worth I see it like this. There is no debate. It's not WHAT he has said as much as the forum in which he has chosen to do so.

That is a website for professional contact. Imagine you log on and see you've got a message on their account from a senior figure in your field, I imagine you are initially thrilled.

To then log on and see it is someone complimenting you on your looks must be patronising beyond belief.

Take away the internet aspect of it and place it into an office environment, seeing as this is a PROFESSIONAL website. If the man had been visiting her workplace and asked for a meeting with her....to then open his meeting with "I must say, you look fantastic", then would that be OK?

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
For my two pence worth I see it like this. There is no debate. It's not WHAT he has said as much as the forum in which he has chosen to do so.

That is a website for professional contact. Imagine you log on and see you've got a message on their from a senior figure in your field, I imagine you are initially thrilled.

To then log on and see it is someone complimenting you on your looks must be patronising beyond belief.

Take away the internet aspect of it and place it into an office environment, seeing as this is a PROFESSIONAL website. If the man had been visiting her workplace and asked for a meeting with her....to then open his meeting with "I must say, you look fantastic", then would that be OK?
Yeah seems fair to me

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

That is a website for professional contact. Imagine you log on and see you've got a message on their account from a senior figure in your field, I imagine you are initially thrilled.

What a dull and sanitised World it has become now. Soon people will need a permit to be able to look at someone else for fear of invading their own personal space. I am sorry I just find the whole thing absurd and takes the eye off the ball of the real issues. I know this is a business site but It has got to the point where anyone who wanted to ask a woman out at work or vice versa would have to be very careful as they could lose their job if they got it wrong. The bloke made a bit of a tit of himself that should have been sufficient punishment. I would hate to be in the dating scene now as it must be a lawyers wet dream of potential civil lawsuits

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I listened to her interview on 5live this morning. She expressed the view that the comments were an act of violence upon women, which immediately felt to me as the point at which she lost half her sympathisers. Peter Allen certainly sounded incredulous at the suggestion.

Inappropriate, yes. Sexist, probably yes. Violent? Not really, no.

I think that since taking it public, she's privately now realised that yup, she TOTALLY overreacted and made a huge misjudgement by publishing onto Twitter what was, after all, a private exchange that had looked to have already run its course. So having painted herself into that particular corner, and probably been taken aback at the weight of public opinion who think she's a hysterical man-hating nutter, she's now feeling compelled to ramp up the invective and the "drama" and "violence" of all, it in an attempt to justify her bizarre actions. Like she's on some kind of CRUSADE on behalf of downtrodden, oppressed wimmin everywhere.

Someone should just quietly take her to one side, and take away her shovel. Tomorrows fish and chip paper, and all that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Complete over reaction by the woman and quite a few on here imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here