Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sexist Pig

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
How can that POSSIBLY be a FACT when "better looking" isn't data criteria which can be deifinitively quantified?

Where can I find the factual research to back this up?

Places where better looking people are looked upon more favourably include:

The Hilton Group
Virgin Trains
The Walt Disney Company

It's not criteria that is directly stated in application forms for employment but if you stay at a Hilton, Travel with Virgin or go to Disneyland, they certainly don't employ people whom society would deem as not aesthetically pleasing.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
This thread has been brilliant entertainment. The difference of opinion, the thinly veiled contempt and animosity has made great reading. I'm not talking about the 'bunnyboiler' or the 'old perv' either...........:lolol:

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Places where better looking people are looked upon more favourably include:

The Hilton Group
Virgin Trains
The Walt Disney Company

It's not criteria that is directly stated in application forms for employment but if you stay at a Hilton, Travel with Virgin or go to Disneyland, they certainly don't employ people whom society would deem as not aesthetically pleasing.

But these are people on show and even if that shouldn't be the case, I can completely believe it. However I refuse to believe this would play a part in a job where, ultimately, you have to be VERY CLEVER or have worked you way up and you are not a public face of a business.

US's original post seemed to suggest attractivness gets you places as a general rule. I would disagree with that strongly. I COMPLETELY understand it being a factor in the jobs you've mentioned, even if thats a shame.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He probably used the words hot because it was on Facebook and he was trying to be down with the kids.

I actually agree with you there. I'm pretty sure his personal trainer daughter is at this moment far more mortified than either his wife or the junior legal he was coming on to.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
My word you're an idiot.

Hang on, I'm not saying he's some dangerous sexual predator. Merely observing that it's quite an odd, silly thing to write about your own daughter.
A picture is being built of this man as a particularly silly, out of touch old fool who doesn't quite know the boundaries on social media.
If noting that makes me a an idiot, I'll live with that!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This thread has been tremendous value and we have all played our part. I thank you very much people

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hang on, I'm not saying he's some dangerous sexual predator. Merely observing that it's quite an odd, silly thing to write about your own daughter.
A picture is being built of this man as a particularly silly, out of touch old fool who doesn't quite know the boundaries on social media.
If noting that makes me a an idiot, I'll live with that!

It's seeing the meaning of words as so rigid that's idiotic. It's down to how something is said and who is saying it. Saying someone is hot doesn't mean that you want to have sex with them.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
But these are people on show and even if that shouldn't be the case, I can completely believe it. However I refuse to believe this would play a part in a job where, ultimately, you have to be VERY CLEVER or have worked you way up and you are not a public face of a business1.

Absolutely. It shouldn't happen, at all. If you're well read, that should be enough, but until society changes it's attitude, it'll happen. That's why protest and activism regarding such issues is a great thing.

US's original post seemed to suggest attractivness gets you places as a general rule. I would disagree with that strongly. I COMPLETELY understand it being a factor in the jobs you've mentioned, even if thats a shame.

Sadly people are told that looking a certain way will get them frowned upon unless they change themselves to suit others' requirements. One of the examples of the day being those awful "women, shave your legs so that people don't get repulsed when they see you" adverts. Certainly society needs to change.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Why do the majority of women wear makeup but men don't?....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hopefully any bloke fortunate enough to be hanging out the back of her this weekend will have the presence of mind to give it an extra 10%, "Rocco-stylee".

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why do the majority of women wear makeup but men don't?....

_45705786_000183202-1.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's seeing the meaning of words as so rigid that's idiotic. It's down to how something is said and who is saying it. Saying someone is hot doesn't mean that you want to have sex with them.

You're wrong but if I'm going to get into semantics with anyone it's not going to be you.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You're wrong but if I'm going to get into semantics with anyone it's not going to be you.

You mean you've conceded that you can't win the argument with me.

Have a good weekend; let's hope we get the 3 points tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here