Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sexist Pig

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
This. The problem for this bloke now is that every single comment he has ever made will be scrutinised and a slant put on it that he fancies her just because he was proud of his daughter. We all sit in judgement of others now, quick to condemn and all too happy to stick the boot in as it makes us feel better about ourselves. This is something that has become a real issue in society now and it is mainly down to the internet and social media

I blame reality TV.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hot = physically attractive in anyone's language surely?

What is unacceptable about a dad recognising that his daughter is attractive? It's stated in almost every wedding speech by a proud dad that I've ever heard.

Never heard any proud dad at any wedding ever describe his daughter as 'hot'. You haven't either. Why even bother posting that? :shrug:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The vast majority of Dads say beautiful daughter in their wedding speeches. I don't think I have ever heard 'hot' and would feel extremely awkward if I did hear it to describe their offspring.

It is an odd choice of words but does not mean he fancies her which is what is being insinuated

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

What is unacceptable about a dad recognising that his daughter is attractive? It's stated in almost every wedding speech by a proud dad that I've ever heard.

Whilst I should not encourage lascivious comments about my daughter…….. (I will)

Lascivious =

adjective: feeling or revealing an overt sexual interest or desire.

synonyms: lecherous, lewd, lustful, licentious, libidinous, goatish, salacious, wanton, lubricious, prurient, dirty, smutty, filthy, naughty, suggestive, indecent, ribald;

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

:lolol:really?

HUGE difference between "I'm proud of my beautiful daughter" and "I think you'll agree, my daughter is PROPA FIT"

:lolol: I want to go to that wedding

Last edited:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
If it was a good looking bloke she would of loved it! After all ALL women want to hear they are stunning, get off ya high horses

Sarcasm, right?

Pretty sure career-oriented professionals, whatever gender, aren't remotely interested in being called attractive by their prospective employer. ???

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Never heard any proud dad at any wedding ever describe his daughter as 'hot'. You haven't either. Why even bother posting that? :shrug:
Coz it means the same as stunning or beautiful, which are usually the words used. He probably used the words hot because it was on Facebook and he was trying to be down with the kids.

If a female friend of his daughter had described her as 'hot', no-one would raise an eyebrow or think that she wanted to have girl/girl action with her.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sarcasm, right?

Pretty sure career-oriented professionals, whatever gender, aren't remotely interested in being called attractive by their prospective employer. ???

Stangely better looking people achieve far more in their careers, male and female, that is a fact

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Stangely better looking people achieve far more in their careers, male and female, that is a fact

How can that POSSIBLY be a FACT when "better looking" isn't data criteria which can be deifinitively quantified?

Where can I find the factual research to back this up?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Coz it means the same as stunning or beautiful, which are usually the words used. He probably used the words hot because it was on Facebook and he was trying to be down with the kids.

If a female friend of his daughter had described her as 'hot', no-one would raise an eyebrow or think that she wanted to have girl/girl action with her.

:lolol: please stop

"dad, what do you think if my new BOOB TUBE?"
"WOW Chloe, you look really hot"
"Thanks Dad, you always know what to say"
"Chloe, you're hot"
"Yeah, I get it dad"

:lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
:lolol:really?

HUGE difference between "I'm proud of my beautiful daughter" and "I think you'll agree, my daughter is PROPA FIT"

:lolol: I want to go to that wedding
People tend not to use slang words at wedding speeches due to the diversity of the audience. If a dad were to describe his daughter as 'hot' instead of the more universally understood words, you'd probably get an elderly relative get up and open a window or pass the bride a fan.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How can that POSSIBLY be a FACT when "better looking" isn't data criteria which can be deifinitively quantified?

Where can I find the factual research to back this up?

There are numerous reports and examples of this for many years, it is true

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011

Well obviously, but that's only really justifiable in jobs in spas and beauty parlours and the like.

At a job where you defend people from prosecution and litigation, it's far from justifiable.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
There are numerous reports and examples of this for many years, it is true

Please explain to me the DIFINITION of "attractive" for these reports.

How on EARTH can a report be produced when the qualifying criteria is something which is not a constant but something based on your opinion?

Some people think billie piper is "attractive". I don't. There you go. I've ruined a whole report.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Calling your daughter beautiful = a lovely thing to say
Calling your daughter Hot = silly, slightly perverted old fool.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Actually it can be. It's been shown that conventionally attractive people all have similar facial proportions. There's also ideal body proportions that the opposite sex will find attractive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here