Sex Offender Craig Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why you keep going on about what king has done. King is scum, in my view he should never play again. Dont get why you keep bringing what he has done into it.

Because he is a convicted sex offender as is Thompson. Therefore surely they should be treated in a similar way by clubs?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
So does that mean Its more serious? Dont think so. Other people have gone to prison for similar crimes that Thompson committed. It all depends on a judge. He obviously had a very lenient judge on the day

Why did he obviously have a very lenient judge? You say that because you disagree with the severity of the sentence given. Personally, I will side with the legal professional who decided on the sentence.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Or maybe, just maybe, the Judge has heard more evidence on these cases than you?

Just a thought, like.

I'm not saying that i have more evidence than the Judge. But i know that he sent Sickening pictures to a 12 year old girl. To me that is horrible and disgusting. As is what Marlon King ang Lee Hughes did. Why do people on here want to turn it into some sort of competition to see which one is worse. They are all sick crimes committed buy people who are looked up to by children

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Why did he obviously have a very lenient judge? You say that because you disagree with the severity of the sentence given. Personally, I will side with the legal professional who decided on the sentence.

Very true. He did not give him a light sentence, he gave him the sentence according to the guide lines he has to follow.
Although you might still think this was not enough.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Very true. He did not give him a light sentence, he gave him the sentence according to the guide lines he has to follow.
Although you might still think this was not enough.

Exactly. I think we have to put whatever feelings we have to the side and realise that the legal professionals will always be in the best position to sentence someone.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm not saying that i have more evidence than the Judge. But i know that he sent Sickening pictures to a 12 year old girl. To me that is horrible and disgusting. As is what Marlon King ang Lee Hughes did. Why do people on here want to turn it into some sort of competition to see which one is worse. They are all sick crimes committed buy people who are looked up to by children

As was the crime committed by Charlie Oatway which resulted in a conviction.

Thinking about it you have a point, OATWAY OUT now. TAXI for Chas.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Is it any better?

I'm not sure really. Although it's disgusting behaviour I hardly imagine, at this stage, that the child will be too distressed once this all blows over (of course that may not be the case had it gone further). Whereas a woman sexually assaulted may be affected extremely badly.

Racek

Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I'm not sure really. Although it's disgusting behaviour I hardly imagine, at this stage, that the child will be too distressed once this all blows over (of course that may not be the case had it gone further). Whereas a woman sexually assaulted may be affected extremely badly.

I don't think you can say either way with that one. She might have been, depends what sort of person she is.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I don't think you can say either way with that one. She might have been, depends what sort of person she is.

True, but seeing a picture of genitalia at the age of 12 can't be that distressing, I would guess that a fair proportion of children around the age of 12/13 have seen pictures of them before, though admittedly not in those circumstances. If anything, the thing that will affect her most is that she thought Craig Thomson was a friend and someone she could trust.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Does anyone still read Viz?

If so I would strongly recommend not letting minors see the monthly cartoon defacement competition, or the Profanisaurus, or the Fat Slags, or Sid the Sexist, or the Drunken Bakers (the latter because they're shit).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I just hope no kids catch a train that passes by the Cerne Abbas giant chalk man.

He's hung like a BABOON, and it's all out on display.

Racek

Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
True, but seeing a picture of genitalia at the age of 12 can't be that distressing, I would guess that a fair proportion of children around the age of 12/13 have seen pictures of them before, though admittedly not in those circumstances. If anything, the thing that will affect her most is that she thought Craig Thomson was a friend and someone she could trust.

Oh sorry, I thought he was a family friend and was hassling her. I thought I read that she was scared of him every time he came near her.
It was her Mum that knew him best and this went on for 9 months.
I might be wrong though.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

I don't think anyone is treating it as a "competition". It's more a case of Hughes and King being the empirical evidence as to whether football teams do resist signing players based on their past misdemeanours, and the overwhelming evidence is that players who are good enough are able to find a club who will turn a blind eye to their off-field activities. Therefore, Thompson need not be permanently banished abroad. He will only fail to find a club if he's not actually very good.

Personally, I wouldn't want my club taking on players with sexual, or violent crimes on their record, but sadly, all clubs do not have the same morals.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Personally, I wouldn't want my club taking on players with sexual, or violent crimes on their record, but sadly, all clubs do not have the same morals.

That would rule out Charlie Oatway though, who does appear to be a reformed character.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Oh sorry, I thought he was a family friend and was hassling her. I thought I read that she was scared of him every time he came near her.
It was her Mum that knew him best and this went on for 9 months.
I might be wrong though.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of that. I'm not trying to make excuses for him in any way, what he did was clearly wrong, just saying that I think that Marlon King and Lee Hughes, for example, did far worse.

Of course, there's every possibility that Thomson could have gone on to do worse, in which case it's a very good thing he was stopped. I would hope he has been given the necessary help and restrictions to stop him from doing it again.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
That would rule out Charlie Oatway though, who does appear to be a reformed character.

Ok, it's not absolutely black and white, there are numerous shades of grey. Getting into a bit of a fight is not quite what I meant, but even then, I guess it comes down to severity of the fight, and whether it's a one-off or repeated offences.

Oatway - yes, perfectly fine with that.
Wise - absolutely not, wouldn't want him anywhere near.

King, Hughes, Barton, Wise and Thompson - no.
Graham Rix ?

Racek

Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Would you think the same if it was Messi. Barca let him go and he could come to us.
Just a question...................

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ok, it's not absolutely black and white, there are numerous shades of grey. Getting into a bit of a fight is not quite what I meant, but even then, I guess it comes down to severity of the fight, and whether it's a one-off or repeated offences.

Oatway - yes, perfectly fine with that.
Wise - absolutely not, wouldn't want him anywhere near.

King, Hughes, Barton, Wise and Thompson - no.
Graham Rix ?

Graham Rix shagged and assaulted a 15 year old, which is worse than emailing a cock shot IMO, so on that basis I would say NO.

Tony Adams, Paul Merson, Robert Codner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here