Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sex Offender Craig Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Graham Rix shagged and assaulted a 15 year old, which is worse than emailing a cock shot IMO, so on that basis I would say NO.

Tony Adams, Paul Merson, Robert Codner?

Oh, did he. :blush: I thought it was an underage girl he was dating, and had what he believed to be consentual sex with in a hotel, and the debate was whether he did or didn't know her age. Maybe that was just HIS story.

What were the crimes of the others, drink driving? I realise that is wrong, and perhaps just a slice of luck away from being another Hughes, but as it stands, I wouldn't have a problem with those three.

You?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
The thing is with Thomson is were it could have gone on to aswell, he clearly asked the girl for sex, if she hadnt gone to her mum then we dont know were it could have gone 2 aswell.
I think he needs to go to another country, child sex offenders are well hated by all in this country and tbh if he was seen on a pitch im sure he would be on the end of a lot of nasty nasty tackles.

I personally feel he should never play football again, the same as Hughes, King and that other Keeper i cant remember his name.

Im not going to get into a debate on this again it went mental last time

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
The thing is with Thomson is were it could have gone on to aswell, he clearly asked the girl for sex, if she hadnt gone to her mum then we dont know were it could have gone 2 aswell.
I think he needs to go to another country, child sex offenders are well hated by all in this country and tbh if he was seen on a pitch im sure he would be on the end of a lot of nasty nasty tackles.

I personally feel he should never play football again, the same as Hughes, King and that other Keeper i cant remember his name.

Im not going to get into a debate on this again it went mental last time

Agree

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Which country do you think he should go to, out of interest? Which country deserves to be the lucky recipient of his special talents?

As far as I can tell, he's our problem, therefore it's down to us to deal with him, not dump him on the poor Latvians. I'm betting you wouldn't be that chuffed if an Australian convicted sex offender pitched up here and said he needed to escape their press for a few months.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

True. But he WAS stopped before it went even further and there there must now be a chance- obviously I'm no psychiatrist here, but nor are you- that perhaps the short sharp shock of gettting caught and having his name and reputation dragged through the mire might- MIGHT- just be the incentive he needs to sort his bloody life out. Personally, I'd say the chances of him doing the same again are pretty slim, given what's happened to him.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
i agree its unlikely and the fact his going to be watched like a hawk now, i dont feel he should be dumped on another country, but i also cant see another club going anywhere near him, the fact hearts held onto him for longer than i felt they should have, was he was one of there first choice defenders.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Phil "the Power" Taylor is also a convicted sex offender, so I gather. Funny that nobody seems to be that bothered about whether HE should have been allowed to keep up his career.

Perhaps it's a reflection on football that even a crappy, mediocre SPL player can attract a million times more publicity for his offences than the world's best (so I understand) darts player.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Phil "the Power" Taylor is also a convicted sex offender, so I gather. Funny that nobody seems to be that bothered about whether HE should have been allowed to keep up his career.

Perhaps it's a reflection on football that even a crappy, mediocre SPL player can attract a million times more publicity for his offences than the world's best (so I understand) darts player.

the Phil Taylor case is a little different lets be honest there are some doubts on the case imo, 2 women go back to his motor home after a comp and then later claim they were sexually assaulted, which Phil has always denied and he was fined a wopping £2000.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
i agree its unlikely and the fact his going to be watched like a hawk now, i dont feel he should be dumped on another country, but i also cant see another club going anywhere near him, the fact hearts held onto him for longer than i felt they should have, was he was one of there first choice defenders.

I'm fairly confident no club will touch him with a bargepole, not for a very long while anyway. So your concerns are largely unfounded. It's like those EDL types arguing that Sharia law needs to be banned in the UK, when there is no suggestion that it will ever happen.

While it's possible to argue that footballers are role models (as EP said, that often appears to be a blatant cop out by adults looking for an excuse to protest about something), Thomson will only ever be known as "that nonce", even amongst many kids. There is ZERO chance of Dads taking their kids to games and telling them "look out for that lad, son, what a great player he is". They're more likely to be shouting abuse at him. Which of course the kids will copy. The "role model" thing is rubbish: I don't see any children sobbing in shock because Ryan Giggs shagged various slappers, or because the entire Terry family seem to have a penchant for slipping their team-mates' wives one. They might admire their football, but they'll either loathe the man, or exist in blissful ignorance of the individuals' misdemeanours. I don't see a lot wrong with blissful ignorance in that sort of scenario. Certainly wouldn't want any young kids of mine to be asking questions about sex offenders. Or serial philanderers, come to think of it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
the Phil Taylor case is a little different lets be honest there are some doubts on the case imo, 2 women go back to his motor home after a comp and then later claim they were sexually assaulted, which Phil has always denied and he was fined a wopping £2000.

Marlon King has always denied assaulting the woman in his case too :shrug:

I think you're hearing what you want to hear on this one.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There was a ton of evidence against King, in the case of Taylor it was the 2 girls

Still two against one wasn't it. As opposed to one person's word against another. A jury (juries are often very reluctant to convict in sex cases if it comes down to consent, I should add) found him guilty.

I don't know anything about the case, but for me it doesn't matter a jot if they did go back to his caravan, once someone says no, they say no, and if he thought it was still game on, then that's his mistake.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What actually are the new allegations made against Thomson?

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Not saying he should be unemployed for the rest of his life. But i think to play football in stadiums with kids watching would just be wrong.

My mum goes to football, I am friends with numerous girls who go to football all the time.

I doubt they want to look at people who would beat the living shit out of them.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I thought those were the original allegations, for which Hearts were prepared to retain him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here