Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sex Offender Craig Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Marlon King did a bad thing, he served his time in Prison and was released to carry on with his career. Due to our F*cked up legal System Thompson got a slap on the wrist and told to sign sex offenders register. That is wrong

Marlon King is a sex offender too, though. Why should be allowed to carry on his career?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Now your just getting silly.

No I'm not, he's a convicted criminal, according to you kids look up to footballers, so surely he should not be allowed to work or play for a club because he has failed in his role as a role model.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I neitheer agree nor disagree with them. I think it's a thorny issue and you can't always tell the long term effects of a crime on both the victim that lives and any surviving friends or relatives, and it can be hard to set up hard and fast rules of which crime is worse than another.

I didn't mean my comments to be taken as an accurate prediction of what will happen with this girl. They were intended to illustrate the thought process of people who do think grooming/sending pictures of a sexual nature to a twelve year old is worse than murder, and was therefore deliberately on the extreme worst case scenario end of the scale of likely outcomes.

My own thoughts on this are hard to nail down, I was just trying to help Brian Fantana understand why some people do think it's so bad.

I think I know where you are coming from, but there does appear to be double standards in relation to sex offences involving minors................ and any other offence.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
He is on the sex offenders registar for tapping a womans bum, Thompson for grooming a 12 year old girl. Massive difference

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Marlon King did a bad thing, he served his time in Prison and was released to carry on with his career. Due to our F*cked up legal System Thompson got a slap on the wrist and told to sign sex offenders register. That is wrong

Marlon King's convictions included theft from a person and from a car, criminal damage, attempting to obtain property by deception; fraudulent use of vehicle licence document, driving without insurance, speeding, drink driving; a wounding incident while playing amateur football, and two cases involving assault of young women, one of which involved sexual assault and breaking a young woman's nose.

Thompson sent a picture of someone's willy to a 12 year old.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
No I'm not, he's a convicted criminal, according to you kids look up to footballers, so surely he should not be allowed to work or play for a club because he has failed in his role as a role model.

Dont get me wrong, I hate King, even before he decided to slap women about. But King's conviction was dealt with and he served time in Prison. I certainly would'nt want him in an Albion shirt though and think Coventry were mad to take him as are Birmingham now

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

And its not according to me that kids look up to footballers. They do. Cant believe you would think differently

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Dont get me wrong, I hate King, even before he decided to slap women about. But King's conviction was dealt with and he served time in Prison. I certainly would'nt want him in an Albion shirt though and think Coventry were mad to take him as are Birmingham now

Would you therefore be happy for Thompson to be allowed to play if he had been given a custodial sentence instead of being put on the register, as he would have then done his time?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Marlon King's convictions included theft from a person and from a car, criminal damage, attempting to obtain property by deception; fraudulent use of vehicle licence document, driving without insurance, speeding, drink driving; a wounding incident while playing amateur football, and two cases involving assault of young women, one of which involved sexual assault and breaking a young woman's nose.

Thompson sent a picture of someone's willy to a 12 year old.
Why you keep going on about what king has done. King is scum, in my view he should never play again. Dont get why you keep bringing what he has done into it. He is a cock. I know that. As for Thomspon, sent picture of his "wiily" not just someone's

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think I know where you are coming from, but there does appear to be double standards in relation to sex offences involving minors................ and any other offence.

I agree. I think children are often used as an excuse for adults not to experience things (e.g. adult doesn't like naughty language "won't someone please think of the children?", adults don't like the gays "What am I supposed to tell my kids when they see two men kissing!"), I think this has led to a positioning of children as sacred, and this anything that happens to them is suddenly a million times worse.

Perhaps there's degree of expectation that an adult should have a fighting chance, either the the ability to physically defend themselves, or the maturity to recognise/avoid dange and not doing so is their own fault for being weak or stupid, or deserving of being a victim.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Would you therefore be happy for Thompson to be allowed to play if he had been given a custodial sentence instead of being put on the register, as he would have then done his time?

Are you really that Thick? Course I would'nt. He is a scum bag who should never play again. Your like a broken record

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
As verbose and opinionated as we all choose to be, i don't think any of us are as deeply into these cases enough to be judge, judy and executioner. Yes, Thomson sounds like a rat from what i've just read, and his career, at a complete guess, might well be over, but it would be a shame if in that 5 years on the watchlist he doesn't get the therapy needed to live and move on when it ends.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
This is an interesting debate. Is sending naked images to, but not actually coming into contact with, a child a worse crime than sexually assaulting a grown woman?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
King was placed on the sex offenders' register for 7 years. Isn't this longer than Thomson?

So does that mean Its more serious? Dont think so. Other people have gone to prison for similar crimes that Thompson committed. It all depends on a judge. He obviously had a very lenient judge on the day

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
So does that mean Its more serious? Dont think so. Other people have gone to prison for similar crimes that Thompson committed. It all depends on a judge. He obviously had a very lenient judge on the day

Or maybe, just maybe, the Judge has heard more evidence on these cases than you?

Just a thought, like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here