Sex Offender Craig Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Didn't the Albion have a midfield player who killed/maimed someone in a car crash once?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Always amusing and frustrating to see total gimps passing judgement on people like Thompson - guilty of posting pics of his cock to an underage girl or whatever - in a way they'd never bother to do on a 25 year old man for, say, savagely beating another man with an iron bar.

At the end of the day, Thompson shouldn't have done what he's done, but all this bollocks about having to leave the country to persue his career... sweet Jesus. :nono:
Why would they not? People say the same about Lee Hughes... and some other crim footballer I can't remember I think.

Would he even be allowed to leave the country anyway, being on the sex offenders register? Heading off to Eastern Europe would normally seem a bit suspicious in that situation. :eek:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Yes.

We deem what a murder does as more serious than a burglar, and that is demonstrated by the more severe sentence that the courts dish out to a murderer.

I'm not saying it's perfect, or indeed correct in all cases, but to say it's "impossible" to compare different crimes in severity, is just wrong. That is the very difficult task the law faces with sentencing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Thompson is a lovely chap, I honestly don't know what he's done, but seeing as he's still a free man, I'm guessing it's less serious than King and Hughes, who didn't have any trouble finding a new club after their debt to society had been paid. So - returning to the thread title - I don't actually think Thompson will struggle either, with it inevitably coming down to "if he is talented enough for a club to endure the criticism" which is a sad but true endictment on the modern World. We are more forgiving if someone is otherwise talented.

Not nice, but appears to be true. Personally, I wouldn't want ANY of those three anywhere near my beloved Albion!

I would say what he has done is as serious as the other cases. Luckily he was found out before it could go further. Cant see any club on our shores taking on a convicted sex offender.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would say what he has done is as serious as the other cases. Luckily he was found out before it could go further. Cant see any club on our shores taking on a convicted sex offender.

Coventry signed Marlon King only last season, so you're wrong, and Birmingham have just signed him from Cov during the summer.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If I'm chairman of a UK professional football club I wouldn't want Thomson at my club. He'd upset the sponsors, he'd probably upset the squad - possibly the older players with kids. Who needs that?

I think a spell abroad would do him good.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Coventry signed Marlon King only last season, so you're wrong, and Birmingham have just signed him from Cov during the summer.

There's a massive difference between Thomson and king. King tapped a womans arse (then hit her admittedly) Thomson sent picture's of his cock to a School girl. Knowing she was a School girl. Surely even you could see the difference

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I just can't see how it is as serious as KILLING someone. Maybe that's just me...

Some people see the corruption of minors as stripping their innocence and ruining them for life. Worst case, he could have warped her view of sex, relationships, love, and cause her life to follow an unpleasant (to say the least) path that involves men who cheat on, her beat her, degrade her, prostitution, drugs or other addictions, suicide attempts, etc. I know, she might turn out to have a perfectly healthy life, or may have been on a path to such a life regardless of his attentions.

Some people would see living a life full of abuse, addiction, degradation, etc as worse than death. Others would take life, in any form, over death. I guess where you sit on that spectrum would dictate whether you find crimes such as these (or ones involving physical/sexual abuse of children) worse than killing.

Last edited:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Some people see the corruption of minors as stripping their innocence and ruining them for life. Worst case, he could have warped her view of sex, relationships, love, and cause her lie to follow an unpleasant path that involves men who cheat on her beat her, degrade her, prostitution, drugs or other addictions, suicide attempts, etc. I know, she might turn out to have a perfectly healthy life, or may have been on a path to such a life regardless of his attentions.

Some people would see living a life full of abuse, addiction, degradation, etc as worse than death. Others would take life, in any form, over death. I guess where you sit on that spectrum would dictate whether you find crimes such as these (or ones involving physical/sexual abuse of children) worse than killing.

Completely agree..... Finally someone with a bit of sense

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
There's a massive difference between Thomson and king. King tapped a womans arse (then hit her admittedly) Thomson sent picture's of his cock to a School girl. Knowing she was a School girl. Surely even you could see the difference

So beating a grown woman to a pulp is far less serious than sending a picture of a cock (it wasn't his) in an email to a 12 year old, is it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Always amusing and frustrating to see total gimps passing judgement on people like Thompson - guilty of posting pics of his cock to an underage girl or whatever - in a way they'd never bother to do on a 25 year old man for, say, savagely beating another man with an iron bar.
Very true. Let's go beat the shit out of the local paediatrician.
Then we starting talking about Lee Hughes and the fact that he has been in prison for killing someone (drink driving), yet he has managed to find a club ok. But we agreed Thompson would struggle
I don't know either case properly, but I'd certainly have more against a man that was guilty of grooming children, than one who stupidly drove while drunk and killed someone. It surprises me that the court doesn't agree, but we have to go by our legal system. If they have seen the evidence, and decide he's a free man, I'm not sure a witch hunt is the right solution.
would you want your child to have a poster of Thompson on his wall?
If it bothered me enough, I'd simply tell them they couldn't have his poster, and I'd explain why (if they were old enough to understand).

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
So beating a grown woman to a pulp is far less serious than sending a picture of a cock (it wasn't his) in an email to a 12 year old, is it?

Yes. Not saying its worse, but certainly no better. Both are disgusting. But grown men grooming kids and sending pictures of the bits is the lowest of the low. Do you really disagree with that?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes. Not saying its worse, but certainly no better. Both are disgusting. But grown men grooming kids and sending pictures of the bits is the lowest of the low. Do you really disagree with that?

I think Hitler did worse, as did Fred West.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a heinous crime, no mistake, but I don't think as serious as murdering someone. I don't have kids though, so its difficult for me to make that judgement.
You don't have to have kids to see the fairly obvious fact that murder is more serious than sending a pick of your cock to an underage girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here