Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

See what they think at HTFC

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I think the people sticking up for what is plainly outright vile racist crap might do well to go away and wonder exactly what kind of disgusting little creatures they're sticking up for here. Or maybe - and I certainly think this applies is at least one case on this thread (and no, no names, no packdrill) - they might already have come across as being not entirely unsympathetic to views like theirs.

Why feel MORE aggrieved about people having highlighted the fact that those cretins proudly display their vile opinions than saying anything about the vile opinions themselves? Strikes me as a very strange and actually rather twisted way of approaching what they've written - unless of course, you agree with it. Personally, I won't be sticking up for them quite so valiently. Because they're transparently cunnts. Seems a strange set of lowlifes and frankly boringly unpleasant values to choose to stick up for but hey, whatever floats your boat.

HURRAH, Its the charge of the pc brigade

"racists to the left of them
racists to the right of them
on rode the morally outraged"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think the people sticking up for what is plainly outright vile racist crap might do well to go away and wonder exactly what kind of disgusting little creatures they're sticking up for here. Or maybe - and I certainly think this applies is at least one case on this thread (and no, no names, no packdrill) - they might already have come across as being not entirely unsympathetic to views like theirs.

Why feel MORE aggrieved about people having highlighted the fact that those cretins proudly display their vile opinions than saying anything about the vile opinions themselves? Strikes me as a very strange and actually rather twisted way of approaching what they've written - unless of course, you agree with it. Personally, I won't be sticking up for them quite so valiently. Because they're transparently cunnts. Seems a strange set of lowlifes and frankly boringly unpleasant values to choose to stick up for but hey, whatever floats your boat.
Because that is absolutely NOT what happened here.

The sort of stuff being said was that Poyet looks like a monkey (based on his looks, not his race) and sprinkled with some very mild and tediously unamusing homophobia. Sure, it doesn't show the half dozen people involved in a good light BUT is it really worth making a massive issue of? Not really, no. And that is what I and a few others on here are rallying against. Yes, racism is wrong. Yes, homophobia is wrong. But in life, you have to pick your battles because you can't win them all without looking like a whiny soppy twunt.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sir! Sir! Bold seagull called me a cock! He's being rude sir! Make him do extra homework sir!

It's OK, I'll call the police.

I'd be interested to know who that is a dig at, Mr Harveys. Seriously, are you saying that it is racist because the guy called Poyet a monkey? Are you denying that he is a little ape-looking? Come on. What about Peter Reid? Does he look a bit like a monkey? How is that racist? Jealous, perhaps, but not racist. Had the comment been made about Paul Ince, for example, I can see how that could be taken as racist, but Poyet!? He's not even black!

Anyway, my point is that I am not trying to stick up for any Huddersfield fan who is annoyed that we are 10 points clear of them with 2 games in hand and doesn't like Poyet because he whinges and moans a lot (which, lets be honest, he does, and if he was Southampton Manager we would hate him), I am merely saying that for someone to threaten to call the police over this is just ridiculous. If I went on to the Plymouth forum and said Peter Reid looks like a monkey and someone pm'd me and threatened to call the police, what would you think? What's the difference?

I would say that you calling these people who you don't know disgusting little creatures is no better than them saying Poyet is a monkey. Again, what's the difference?

It seems like a very lazy argument for you to basically brand people as racists because they dared to say that this is all a bit pathetic. I had you down as a little better than that.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
I would like to apologise in advance to all Huddersfield Town supporters when I say I p*ssed himself laughing when I heard Pilkington had snapped his leg. Hey - this Yorkshire humour is easy.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Because that is absolutely NOT what happened here.

The sort of stuff being said was that Poyet looks like a monkey (based on his looks, not his race) and sprinkled with some very mild and tediously unamusing homophobia. Sure, it doesn't show the half dozen people involved in a good light BUT is it really worth making a massive issue of? Not really, no. And that is what I and a few others on here are rallying against. Yes, racism is wrong. Yes, homophobia is wrong. But in life, you have to pick your battles because you can't win them all without looking like a whiny soppy twunt.

It's OK, I'll call the police.

I'd be interested to know who that is a dig at, Mr Harveys. Seriously, are you saying that it is racist because the guy called Poyet a monkey? Are you denying that he is a little ape-looking? Come on. What about Peter Reid? Does he look a bit like a monkey? How is that racist? Jealous, perhaps, but not racist. Had the comment been made about Paul Ince, for example, I can see how that could be taken as racist, but Poyet!? He's not even black!

Anyway, my point is that I am not trying to stick up for any Huddersfield fan who is annoyed that we are 10 points clear of them with 2 games in hand and doesn't like Poyet because he whinges and moans a lot (which, lets be honest, he does, and if he was Southampton Manager we would hate him), I am merely saying that for someone to threaten to call the police over this is just ridiculous. If I went on to the Plymouth forum and said Peter Reid looks like a monkey and someone pm'd me and threatened to call the police, what would you think? What's the difference?

I would say that you calling these people who you don't know disgusting little creatures is no better than them saying Poyet is a monkey. Again, what's the difference?

It seems like a very lazy argument for you to basically brand people as racists because they dared to say that this is all a bit pathetic. I had you down as a little better than that.

The posts didn't say he looked like a monkey, they said he was a monkey that should have been quarantined rather than let in the country, while also calling him a foriegn f***ing fairy, and that as an animal he should be tagged, and deported.

If you cannot see the difference from what this implies compared to simply saying that someone looks like a monkey, then you are sadly lost.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would like to apologise in advance to all Huddersfield Town supporters when I say I p*ssed himself laughing when I heard Pilkington had snapped his leg. Hey - this Yorkshire humour is easy.
:lolol: Like.

The posts didn't say he looked like a monkey, they said he was a monkey that should have been quarantined rather than let in the country, while also calling him a foriegn f***ing fairy, and that as an animal he should be tagged, and deported.

If you cannot see the difference from what this implies compared to simply saying that someone looks like a monkey, then you are sadly lost.
No I think you're the lost one, as you are reading far too much into a not-so elaborate quip on his supposed simian looks and nationality. In fact, f*** me you're precious.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Did you actually read the HTFC thread? I did, and unless I missed something then there was no 'vile racism' on it. Granted the comments were not exactly the work of Oscar Wilde clones (being thick northern monkeys you wouldn't have expected it) but only the most po-faced, pinch-nosed, politically correct, humourless anti-football numpty could have found it offensive. Certainly not to the level of writing in to complain about it.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

Can you remember when Dowie was Palace boss? Thats not much different from the stuff about him on here, its called taking the piss, doesnt actually do any harm when kept to forums like these where rational people can behave like fuckwits without the fear of a bollocking from their better halves.That is, of course, unless some miserable, anal ,nobody takes offence & decides its their time to become thought controller of the day

Spoken like a true Yorkshireman , sir. You came on here to apologise and end up insulting us.

Hope Gus pins the Huddersfield comments up on the team board when you visit.

He was right though, there are an awful lot of shandy-drinking soft pretentious gobby whelk-fuckers.

However, I believe he's wrong about the husband beating, and will have to REPORT him to the OLD BILL -

.... and I mean Bill Gates.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
:lolol: Like.

No I think you're the lost one, as you are reading far too much into a not-so elaborate quip on his supposed simian looks and nationality. In fact, f*** me you're precious.

If I was the only one on here that had taken this view, then maybe I could accept your comment that I am a bit precious. The fact that so many agree, and despite what their mod said, they took the comments down, would suggest that many others found it equally offensive, if not simply distasteful.

Brovian - "not to the level of writing to complain about it" and yet you've spent all day on here writing about people who were writing to complain about it!!! In your own words, you numpty!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Likewise with Soft, Pretentious, shandy drinking gobby, can't speak properly, husband beating, whelk f***ing Southerners.

:thumbsup:

I prefer a glass or two of Rose wine when the sun comes out :angry:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Now THIS is an example of cuntery.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can you remember when Dowie was Palace boss? Thats not much different from the stuff about him on here, its called taking the piss, doesnt actually do any harm when kept to forums like these where rational people can behave like fuckwits without the fear of a bollocking from their better halves.That is, of course, unless some miserable, anal ,nobody takes offence & decides its their time to become thought controller of the day

I like this. When you think about it, you've insulted yourself really. By suggesting I can't have my opinion for whatever reason, or however precious, you are in fact the 'miserable, anal ,nobody takes offence & decides its their time to become thought controller of the day' you so colourfully describe! Nice one.:thumbsup::laugh:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I like this. When you think about it, you've insulted yourself really. By suggesting I can't have my opinion for whatever reason, or however precious, you are in fact the 'miserable, anal ,nobody takes offence & decides its their time to become thought controller of the day' you so colourfully describe! Nice one.:thumbsup::laugh:
He's doing nothing of the sort. You're entitled to your opinon. But what has happened here is that "the thought police" have not so simply expressed an opinion, but threatened the forum mod with police action. The mod has consequently taken the view that it's a battle not worth fighting and removed that thread. So a victory for the thought police.

I'm surprised you needed this explained, but you obviously did. :shrug:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

SEE!! I knew you you would find it if it was on a plate

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Brovian - "not to the level of writing to complain about it" and yet you've spent all day on here writing about people who were writing to complain about it!!! In your own words, you numpty!!!
Well it's my time, so surely I can spend it how I like? (I work for myself so I've no boss looking over my shoulder). And it's actually something I feel quite strongly about. I was appalled when NSC was closed down with threats of police action because of something that had been written. I don't think that messageboards (and especially football messageboards) should all be places where anodyne platitudes are handed around like cucumber sandwiches and where nothing should give offence and everybody should be nice to each other. Football is about tribal loyalty and taking the piss out of your opponents is all part of it. We've done it to other clubs and they do it to us. In the greater scheme of things that HTFC stuff wasn't THAT bad, and the fact that someone found it worth writing in to complain about I find truly pathetic.

You're obviously thinner-skinned than me, but also I wonder if the outrage would have been as great on a Brighton board if Poyet was say the Southampton manager? Would Brighton fans still have complained or would they have chuckled and said "Yeah he does look a bit like a monkey!" There is an element of 'we can dish it out but we can't take it' about this as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here