Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

See what they think at HTFC

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well it's my time, so surely I can spend it how I like? (I work for myself so I've no boss looking over my shoulder). And it's actually something I feel quite strongly about. I was appalled when NSC was closed down with threats of police action because of something that had been written. I don't think that messageboards (and especially football messageboards) should all be places where anodyne platitudes are handed around like cucumber sandwiches and where nothing should give offence and everybody should be nice to each other. Football is about tribal loyalty and taking the piss out of your opponents is all part of it. We've done it to other clubs and they do it to us. In the greater scheme of things that HTFC stuff wasn't THAT bad, and the fact that someone found it worth writing in to complain about I find truly pathetic.

You're obviously thinner-skinned than me, but also I wonder if the outrage would have been as great on a Brighton board if Poyet was say the Southampton manager? Would Brighton fans still have complained or would they have chuckled and said "Yeah he does look a bit like a monkey!" There is an element of 'we can dish it out but we can't take it' about this as well

and you keep on writing...take a break, I feel like I've moved on and you're still yabbering on!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think the people sticking up for what is plainly outright vile racist crap might do well to go away and wonder exactly what kind of disgusting little creatures they're sticking up for here. Or maybe - and I certainly think this applies is at least one case on this thread (and no, no names, no packdrill) - they might already have come across as being not entirely unsympathetic to views like theirs.

Why feel MORE aggrieved about people having highlighted the fact that those cretins proudly display their vile opinions than saying anything about the vile opinions themselves? Strikes me as a very strange and actually rather twisted way of approaching what they've written - unless of course, you agree with it. Personally, I won't be sticking up for them quite so valiently. Because they're transparently cunnts. Seems a strange set of lowlifes and frankly boringly unpleasant values to choose to stick up for but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Bullseye.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
...and what a bunch of gay monkeys we are proving ourselves to be! Hudds fans must be pissing themselves over this thread! Now where did I put my bottle of moonshine... ?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
and you keep on writing...take a break, I feel like I've moved on and you're still yabbering on!
This IS me taking a break! And if you've 'moved on' how come you keep replying? (But I would be interested to hear you view on how 'outraged' you would have been if Poyet had been the Southampton manager instead)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I would like to offer an opinion on this thread but really can't be f***ing arsed to read through everything :)

PS -I heard Dave the Gaffer is actually the poster who said the monkey comment....................

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
9 pages of nothing, I'll never get that time back again. Who do I report that 'crime' to?punish:

My wife is from Huddersfield and says you'll hear a lot worse in one of the working mans club every friday. But I think that goes for a lot of pubs in Brighton too. I can't stand racism in any form, but that was just a few fuckwits trying to be funny imo.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
I have a mate whos a huddesfield town supporter and hes disgusted by what has been said on that forum

he wants to come on here to apologise on behalf of all the decent huddesfield fans on here but I dunno how you lot will react to him

Last edited:

sparky1908

Mar 30, 2011
Huddersfield
I have a mate whos a huddesfield town supporter and hes disgusted by what has been said on that forum

he wants to come on here to apologise on behalf of all the decent huddesfield fans on here but I dunno how you lot will react to him

Hi Everyone, i am this said Huddersfield Town fan that Cpt. Spavil is talking about ... i didnt know wether i should have joined but , i did , as i wanted to apologise for the racist remarks about your club manager .. i myself am not a racist , im not sticking up for these so called 'Huddersfield Town fans' that have said this . i basically just wanted to say that not every huddersfield town fan is the same as them wa**ers .. im not a member of the site that the remarks were on , i was just told about it by my B & HA mate.

You may hate me , but like i say , we're not all racists .

Might i add , i wanted to say i hope you do win the League One Title, you have a great manager and a great football team and obviously , you got a great fanatic support to get you where you are now , and thats top of the pile , you deserve it .. you have had a good season , and i hope u can progress and stay in the Championship.

Thanks for reading

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
:lolol: Like.

No I think you're the lost one, as you are reading far too much into a not-so elaborate quip on his supposed simian looks and nationality. In fact, f*** me you're precious.
mmm!Maybe he is precious...although you might have meant precocious..however the fact is as you said yourself about looks and nationality...ok looks are no problem but to rant on about him being a fooking foreigner is racist...nothing mentioned about colour or creed...nobody can help the place of your birth,I like football banter as regards the team and performance but to personally attack someone because they were not born here is and always will be racist.To correct another point I did ask their moderator to take the post off their their board but in no way did I say I would report it to the POLICE and the moderator said on here that he replied to me...I have NOT had a reply from him in any manner, but then goes on he took it down because it was considered racist..then in the next sentence said he could not personally see anything wrong in it. If people like Simster and Commander as he likes to be called think this is alright then sadly maybe the world has not moved on from the 1970s.They go on about me trawling through other message boards...of course they don't do they....sooo perfect...well they like to think they are!!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Interesting thread.

For mine I don't think calling Poyet a monkey is racist, it's more being childish about his ears sticking out.

There's plenty of terms related to animals that carry a mean spirited meaning behind them.

I'm sure all the Ferret faces of the world feel agrieved when they are compared to a smelly little narrow faced creature.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
nobody can help the place of your birth,I like football banter as regards the team and performance but to personally attack someone because they were not born here is and always will be racist.

Fair enough, do you therefore condemn songs such as

'You're Welsh, and you know you are' (to the likes of Yeovil and Bristol Rovers)
'We pay your benefits' (to anyone north of Watford)
'In your Northern slums' (as above), and constant references to 'pikeys', 'caravan dwellers' etc when talking about Palace?

Is that terrace humour, or is that racism in the form of attacking people on the basis of their place of birth?

My view is that if the Albion are successful, other fans are more likely to find ANY reason to have a go at us. If we were 15th in League one at present, no one would give a shit whether our manager was born in Uruguay or 'Uddersfield.

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
I'd like to add that there are thousands of Huddersfield fans who don't agree with the sentiments in 'that' DATM thread.

While I'm not trying to make excuses I think the whole Gus Poyet thing has become a little too over inflated, mainly due to Gus and some of his players continually brandishing imaginary red cards during the game with Brighton at the Galpharm. It really was disgusting. BUT no one deserves to be abused because of their race or nationality.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Let's lay this 'racist' remark to bed. If Gus was black it could be considered racist but as he's not and yes, his ears are a bit prominent (all the better for listening) yes he does look a bit primal.

That is all.

What a shower of dick dribble.

So the Huddersfield fans are inciting racial hatred for likening Poyet to a monkey (er, he does look like one) apparently and yet another NSC old chums mutual arse-lick fest.

I almost yearn for the days when we had 2000 fans again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here