Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

See what they think at HTFC

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'd just also like to add that Poyet is a 'fooking foreigner'. That is a fact, it's not racist. Same as Lee Clark is a fooking northerner.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
to rant on about him being a fooking foreigner is racist...nothing mentioned about colour or creed...nobody can help the place of your birth,... to personally attack someone because they were not born here is and always will be racist.

Er technically, no it won't. It would be xenophobic.

Anyway, carry on.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Morning everybody, is this still going? Jolly good. See Bold Seagull has had to duck out rather than answer my question on whether people would have been so outraged if Poyet had been the Southampton manager.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Morning everybody, is this still going? Jolly good. See Bold Seagull has had to duck out rather than answer my question on whether people would have been so outraged if Poyet had been the Southampton manager.

Or whether he was a White British monkey-look-a-like instead of Uruguayan.

fedex

Mar 29, 2011
Right, I never thought when I made those comments about Gus, that I'd get a 10 page thread out of it on your board.

Can I assure you, I'm not a racist, spent much of my adult life working in't mill, with many Indians, Asians, and Afro-caribbeans, and some of them were the nicest people I had the pleasure of spending a 12 hour night shift with.
The comments about Poyet, were never intended to cause so much upset to some of you, although in hindsight, I can see why people with sensitive nature on the subject can find the comments offensive, so, for that reason, I would like to apologise for any offence caused.
The vast majority of you seem to have taken the words in the context they were intended, and I appreciate those of you that have come to my defence on this thread.
It was only when I received a text from a Brighton supporter threatening to report me to Sussex police, that I asked the admins on downatthemac to remove the thread, because as Mancterrier said earlier, I don't need the hassle.

Mel.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Right, I never thought when I made those comments about Gus, that I'd get a 10 page thread out of it on your board.

Can I assure you, I'm not a racist, spent much of my adult life working in't mill, with many Indians, Asians, and Afro-caribbeans, and some of them were the nicest people I had the pleasure of spending a 12 hour night shift with.
The comments about Poyet, were never intended to cause so much upset to some of you, although in hindsight, I can see why people with sensitive nature on the subject can find the comments offensive, so, for that reason, I would like to apologise for any offence caused.
The vast majority of you seem to have taken the words in the context they were intended, and I appreciate those of you that have come to my defence on this thread.
It was only when I received a text from a Brighton supporter threatening to report me to Sussex police, that I asked the admins on downatthemac to remove the thread, because as Mancterrier said earlier, I don't need the hassle.

Mel.

Don't worry lad, all of us normal people know that you weren't being racist. :thumbsup:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What an absolute shite thread. Read first 2 pages and it had to leave it.

Everyone getting out their pram and getting all offended over nothing much. Some of the comments about HFC and northerners are also much worse.

You make us look like a small time bunch of pricks !!!

I didnt check the posters but im bloody sure I know who will be well involved with this thread. Those that seem to take offence at everything that isn't all nice and fluffy

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
mmm!Maybe he is precious...although you might have meant precocious..however the fact is as you said yourself about looks and nationality...ok looks are no problem but to rant on about him being a fooking foreigner is racist...nothing mentioned about colour or creed...nobody can help the place of your birth,I like football banter as regards the team and performance but to personally attack someone because they were not born here is and always will be racist.To correct another point I did ask their moderator to take the post off their their board but in no way did I say I would report it to the POLICE and the moderator said on here that he replied to me...I have NOT had a reply from him in any manner, but then goes on he took it down because it was considered racist..then in the next sentence said he could not personally see anything wrong in it. If people like Simster and Commander as he likes to be called think this is alright then sadly maybe the world has not moved on from the 1970s.They go on about me trawling through other message boards...of course they don't do they....sooo perfect...well they like to think they are!!
I'm sure lots of people look at other message boards. It's just that most people don't tell tales about incredibly trivial posts.

It's quite straight forward, the bloke took down the thread because he couldn't be arsed with defending what he wrote when threatened with action. To be honest, I found the whole thread about as funny as a train crash. It was base, lowest common denominator "humour", very boring and the sort of thing that only the saddest cases get involved in. But accusations of racism, and asking the mods to pull the thread? Do me a favour. The simple fact is that you, in your self appointed position of thought-policeman has won because he decided it wasn't worth the aggravation of proving he wasn't being racist.

I'm embarrassed for you every bit as much as the cretins on one of the most cringeworthy threads I've read for their incredible lack of wit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Everyone getting out their pram and getting all offended over nothing much. Some of the comments about HFC and northerners are also much worse.

I didnt check the posters but im bloody sure I know who will be well involved with this thread. Those that seem to take offence at everything that isn't all nice and fluffy
Spot on.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I fail to see how people are more intent on slagging off someone for getting upset by the comments than the actual comments themselves.

Although that may now make me worse because I am more upset by people being more upset by someone getting upset than someone being offensive...

Yes, you would think people have better things to do than trawl through other teams websites. Yes, that probably is a bit sad. But, that does not disguise the fact the comments are ignorant and offensive.

By all means don't get bothered by them. But really no need for so many people to jump to the guy's defence.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Spot on mate. Although you might be surprised on the posters, there are a few new ones involved "Trying to stop the spread of evil".

I fail to see how people are more intent on slagging off someone for getting upset by the comments than the actual comments themselves.

Although that may now make me worse because I am more upset by people being more upset by someone getting upset than someone being offensive...

Yes, you would think people have better things to do than trawl through other teams websites. Yes, that probably is a bit sad. But, that does not disguise the fact the comments are ignorant and offensive.

By all means don't get bothered by them. But really no need for so many people to jump to the guy's defence.

I don't think anyone is necessarily defending the comments, the issue people have is someone threatening to report them to the police! I mean, for f***'s sake, do people really have nothing better to do, or cant find anything more offensive to get offended by? There is plenty of stuff posted on here that is far more offensive than calling Poyet (who does look a bit like a monkey) a monkey that nobody bats an eyelid at, but because someone used the word 'monkey' people start thinking they should be offended by it because it must be racist. I would say that anyone with that train of thought is a racist themselves.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Of course, reporting to the police is going far too far. I think most people would agree with that.

But some people HAVE been defending it as just 'banter'. It is not so much the monkey comments. Poyet, like Ian Brown for example, does look a little simian. More the bits about his immigration papers etc which are offensive and, more importantly, ignorant to the extreme.

Worse does get said on here. I get offended by people's attitude towards mental health and regular use of terms like 'spacker'. Pathetic really.

Yes whoever reported the guy has over-reacted. But not quite sure why people are so quick to ignore - and in some cases excuse - the ignorance of the original comments.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Of course, reporting to the police is going far too far. I think most people would agree with that.

But some people HAVE been defending it as just 'banter'. It is not so much the monkey comments. Poyet, like Ian Brown for example, does look a little simian. More the bits about his immigration papers etc which are offensive and, more importantly, ignorant to the extreme.

Worse does get said on here. I get offended by people's attitude towards mental health and regular use of terms like 'spacker'. Pathetic really.

Yes whoever reported the guy has over-reacted. But not quite sure why people are so quick to ignore - and in some cases excuse - the ignorance of the original comments.

Agreed, and the term 'mong' is used all the time on here. It doesn't offend me because I don't get offended easily (or at all, really) but I'm sure it offends some people. And it is used regularly by posters who get ever-so-offended at the slightest hint of anything racist. Which always smacks of double-standards to me.

But my point is, I am quick to ignore some comments on a Huddersfield board about our Manager, because it is on a Huddersfield board that I never go on and couldn't be more uninterested in. If a Hudds fan put a thread on here saying Poyet is a monkey who should have been quarantined at immigration, I'd happily reply and tell him he was a northern ****. But I'm not going to go trawling the internet to find things to get offended by, I can guarantee that someone will have written worse things about Poyet than that somewhere!

And if people can get so offended as to threaten to call the police over someone being rude about our manager, what the hell do they do when someone says something actually racist!? Call the SAS to take them out?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
But my point is, I am quick to ignore some comments on a Huddersfield board about our Manager, because it is on a Huddersfield board that I never go on and couldn't be more uninterested in. If a Hudds fan put a thread on here saying Poyet is a monkey who should have been quarantined at immigration, I'd happily reply and tell him he was a northern ****. But I'm not going to go trawling the internet to find things to get offended by, I can guarantee that someone will have written worse things about Poyet than that somewhere!

I agree, of course. And there is the truth that if you look hard enough, you will find something to be offended by. The comments don't offend me personally. Just don't see why people are so quick to explain them away as banter and have a pop at the guy who is offended by them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I find it incredibly difficult to get genuinely wound up by ANYTHING I read on the internet. So some troll oop north starts throwing around disparaging remarks about Gus on an obscure internet messageboard I've never heard of and will probably never see again. SO WHAT ? I'm not advocating those remarks. I'm not defending them. Its just so far down the scale on my give-a-fuckometer that the needle isn't even twitching.

I simply cannot imagine a place I would be whereby I would actually feel the urge to contact that boards moderators to DEMAND that thread taken down (and then come back on here to triumphantly announce what I'd done). Honestly, I can't. Lifes too short. None of this shit matters one iota. Its just pointless, banal, meaningless drivel in cyberspace, almost nobody see's it and (almost) nobody bloody CARES about it.

Embarrassing.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Cracking reply Easy.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I find it incredibly difficult to get genuinely wound up by ANYTHING I read on the internet. So some troll oop north starts throwing around disparaging remarks about Gus on an obscure internet messageboard I've never heard of and will probably never see again. SO WHAT ? I'm not advocating those remarks. I'm not defending them. Its just so far down the scale on my give-a-fuckometer that the needle isn't even twitching.

I simply cannot imagine a place I would be whereby I would actually feel the urge to contact that boards moderators to DEMAND that thread taken down (and then come back on here to triumphantly announce what I'd done). Honestly, I can't. Lifes too short. None of this shit matters one iota. Its just pointless, banal, meaningless drivel in cyberspace, almost nobody see's it and (almost) nobody bloody CARES about it.

Embarrassing.

Which is exactly what I have been trying to say for the last 10 pages, but haven't yet managed to put it as eloquently as that.

I don't think I need to now, I'm outta here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here