Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

See what they think at HTFC

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Of course, reporting to the police is going far too far. I think most people would agree with that.
This very nearly got NSC closed down in the recent past because someone had an opposite viewpoint.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well it's my time, so surely I can spend it how I like? (I work for myself so I've no boss looking over my shoulder). And it's actually something I feel quite strongly about. I was appalled when NSC was closed down with threats of police action because of something that had been written. I don't think that messageboards (and especially football messageboards) should all be places where anodyne platitudes are handed around like cucumber sandwiches and where nothing should give offence and everybody should be nice to each other. Football is about tribal loyalty and taking the piss out of your opponents is all part of it. We've done it to other clubs and they do it to us. In the greater scheme of things that HTFC stuff wasn't THAT bad, and the fact that someone found it worth writing in to complain about I find truly pathetic.

You're obviously thinner-skinned than me, but also I wonder if the outrage would have been as great on a Brighton board if Poyet was say the Southampton manager? Would Brighton fans still have complained or would they have chuckled and said "Yeah he does look a bit like a monkey!" There is an element of 'we can dish it out but we can't take it' about this as well
Reporting NSC to the police seemed like a bit much, but given the amount of racist shit there used to be on these boards by people who seemed to have little or no affilliation to BHA it's probably a better messageboard for it.

mancterrier

Apr 25, 2009
mmm!Maybe he is precious...although you might have meant precocious..however the fact is as you said yourself about looks and nationality...ok looks are no problem but to rant on about him being a fooking foreigner is racist...nothing mentioned about colour or creed...nobody can help the place of your birth,I like football banter as regards the team and performance but to personally attack someone because they were not born here is and always will be racist.To correct another point I did ask their moderator to take the post off their their board but in no way did I say I would report it to the POLICE and the moderator said on here that he replied to me...I have NOT had a reply from him in any manner, but then goes on he took it down because it was considered racist..then in the next sentence said he could not personally see anything wrong in it. If people like Simster and Commander as he likes to be called think this is alright then sadly maybe the world has not moved on from the 1970s.They go on about me trawling through other message boards...of course they don't do they....sooo perfect...well they like to think they are!!

On 29/03/2011 12:01, J**** W*** wrote:
> You really cannot tell? I would say most of the posts on that thread have a racist element to them.
> Racism in all forms whether spoken or written or posted on the internet is illegal.

I would have to disagree with you J****. We frown on racism of all kinds on the board but that thread is simply banter in response to a wind up merchant from your brighton board. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though

Regards

Adam

Then after speaking to the OP:

I have removed the thread as a gesture of goodwill J****.

Thanks again

Adam

J**** W***:

Thank you for deleting it.

Are you denying this conversation happened? ???

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
On 29/03/2011 12:01, J**** W*** wrote:
> You really cannot tell? I would say most of the posts on that thread have a racist element to them.
> Racism in all forms whether spoken or written or posted on the internet is illegal.

I would have to disagree with you J****. We frown on racism of all kinds on the board but that thread is simply banter in response to a wind up merchant from your brighton board. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though

Regards

Adam

Then after speaking to the OP:

I have removed the thread as a gesture of goodwill J****.

Thanks again

Adam

J**** W***:

Thank you for deleting it.

Are you denying this conversation happened? ???

Whilst you are awaiting a reply from Seagull on the wing, I see no mention of him threatening to report it to the police? :shrug:

Edit: I see a post at 10:22 from 'fedex'
It was only when I received a text from a Brighton supporter threatening to report me to Sussex police, that I asked the admins on downatthemac to remove the thread, Mel
How the hell did a Brighton supporter get a random forum member from Huddersfield mobile number? Unless 'text' means 'PM' Maybe it was one of his mates having a laugh at his expense!!!

Last edited:

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
There's now a number of threads about this at DATM - mostly taking the piss out of how delicate we all are.

Includes a poll on who is the most monkey like: Gareth bale, Gus Poyet and Peter Reid. Poyet's winning by a mile. That's two awards in March then! :thumbsup:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
There's now a number of threads about this at DATM - mostly taking the piss out of how delicate we all are.

Includes a poll on who is the most monkey like: Gareth bale, Gus Poyet and Peter Reid. Poyet's winning by a mile. That's two awards in March then! :thumbsup:

:D I see someone suggested you should be running the country :lol: Although the actual post was less flattering than that! Whippet botherers in unison :)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm reporting this to the police. As a black man I'm offended at my fellow Afro American gus being called a monkey. Disgusting.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I personally still believe what they wrote was totally out of order, but realise they are a minority of idiots. Still want Udders to get second spot, or Peteborough, or Bournemouth or Orient or Swindon Town or Hereford United or...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We frown on racism of all kinds on the board but that thread is simply banter in response to a wind up merchant from your brighton board.

Just read that DATM for the first time. A few observations:

Nice layout. A lot of time's gone into that site. but is it really the busiest HTFC site? It's just that you get halfway decent crowds yet only have a hardcore of around 15 or so fans posting on there.

Also, when you say that you're trying to get rid of homophobic comments "little by little" you actually mean you'll do f*** all about it. Fair enough, if that's your policy - it's your board after all - I just struggle to see why you get so upset when someone shouts racist at you yet the posters on the board (and by extension you) seem to go out their way to prove their anti-gay credentials.

Anyway, good luck with trying to get second place. I think Saints and Posh have the momentum but it's certainly going to be an interesting next few weeks.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Just a few facts...my OP just stated Look at what they are saying about Gus on DATM....and then left it to people to make up their own minds. Most posters thought it was racist...and no it was not the Monkey comment...it was a personal attack on the man being a "FOOKING FOREIGN FAIRY,being an animal and checking his immigration papers and being in quarantine.Banter at team and fans is fair game and I've been to enough football to enjoy banter but draw the line at personal attacks. it's my opinion that's all,if you cannot deal with that...that's your problem.
Another fact.At no time did I mention the word POLICE,Sussex Police or any other police force,if you know different please come up with the evidence,so if your going to post about the use of POLICE get your facts right first.
Fact.At no time has the moderator been in touch with me by Email,and for him to say he was is a lie.
Now to my detractors,you say I have nothing else to do but trawl through other boards,yet you have done the same thing to say you cannot see anything wrong in the post...how sad that you are allowed to trawl other sites and anybody else who does is wrong..all your trying to do is be different,like you think it's cool.er one law for you comes to mind.I must remember that this is a forum to a selected few and if you have an opinion that does'nt agree with them you will get abused by other Albion fans.You must have nothing better to do!

mancterrier

Apr 25, 2009
Just read that DATM for the first time. A few observations:

Nice layout. A lot of time's gone into that site. but is it really the busiest HTFC site? It's just that you get halfway decent crowds yet only have a hardcore of around 15 or so fans posting on there.

Also, when you say that you're trying to get rid of homophobic comments "little by little" you actually mean you'll do f*** all about it. Fair enough, if that's your policy - it's your board after all - I just struggle to see why you get so upset when someone shouts racist at you yet the posters on the board (and by extension you) seem to go out their way to prove their anti-gay credentials.

Anyway, good luck with trying to get second place. I think Saints and Posh have the momentum but it's certainly going to be an interesting next few weeks.

Cheers, Its been running for about 3 years in this current format after sky took over the old rivals site. Yep, thats as busy a site as we have at HTFC. We have 7500+ members but Id say only about 1200-1500 regular view the board and maybe 3-400 post regularly. Its certainly not as busy as this/saints board but is probably busier than most others in the division. 800000+ posts in total...

Not sure saints/pboro have the momentum. We are 18 games unbeaten and seem to really have started to believe we can do it now which makes a big difference. The pilkington injury seems to have united everyone at the club.

Once again congrats on a superb season...

mancterrier

Apr 25, 2009
Just a few facts...my OP just stated Look at what they are saying about Gus on DATM....and then left it to people to make up their own minds. Most posters thought it was racist...and no it was not the Monkey comment...it was a personal attack on the man being a "FOOKING FOREIGN FAIRY,being an animal and checking his immigration papers and being in quarantine.Banter at team and fans is fair game and I've been to enough football to enjoy banter but draw the line at personal attacks. it's my opinion that's all,if you cannot deal with that...that's your problem.
Another fact.At no time did I mention the word POLICE,Sussex Police or any other police force,if you know different please come up with the evidence,so if your going to post about the use of POLICE get your facts right first.
Fact.At no time has the moderator been in touch with me by Email,and for him to say he was is a lie.
Now to my detractors,you say I have nothing else to do but trawl through other boards,yet you have done the same thing to say you cannot see anything wrong in the post...how sad that you are allowed to trawl other sites and anybody else who does is wrong..all your trying to do is be different,like you think it's cool.er one law for you comes to mind.I must remember that this is a forum to a selected few and if you have an opinion that does'nt agree with them you will get abused by other Albion fans.You must have nothing better to do!

So you are not J**** W*** then? as thats who emailed me....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I do find it hard to believe that anyone got upset by those musing on DATM. Not particularly brutal and not particularly racist. We've been subjected to worse online, in life and at a match.

Every club has their knuckle draggers. Hell, we had quite a collection of EDL (not the electric firm)/BNP/Nazi following for quite a while and they got shouted down. I would have been very disappointed if we had some external influence moderating this forum. We have enough nice people to moderate things as it is and I am sure Huddersfield would be the same if things got out of hand.

fedex

Mar 29, 2011

Can I just clarify, I received an email from somebody called "S T"

The email was:-

One of your employee's I assume as they have your company link in their profile has been posting some serious racial slurs on a public forum.

Interesting points to have your company associated to I would think!?

(Invalid Link Removed)

Yours concerned

ST.

I also received a text from the following number:- 07624807251

Which said "Mel Smooth? Apologies if not. Your racist comment about Gus Poyet will be referred to Sussex Police if not removed by 8pm tonight. Txt back. cbfsms.com"

Maybe whoever has sent the text can own up, privately to SOTW, so they don't get any more grief over this.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
So you are not J**** W*** then? as thats who emailed me....
Afraid not,,seems it's a case of you assuming I was,my original mail to the moderator was signed as Seagull on the wing....followed by my name and I requested that you took the thread off asap...a world of diffence from mentioning the word police. Thank you

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Can I just clarify, I received an email from somebody called "S T"

The email was:-

One of your employee's I assume as they have your company link in their profile has been posting some serious racial slurs on a public forum.

Interesting points to have your company associated to I would think!?

(Invalid Link Removed)

Yours concerned

ST.

I also received a text from the following number:- 07624807251

Which said "Mel Smooth? Apologies if not. Your racist comment about Gus Poyet will be referred to Sussex Police if not removed by 8pm tonight. Txt back. cbfsms.com"

Maybe whoever has sent the text can own up, privately to SOTW, so they don't get any more grief over this.

Sorry do not know S.T....I thought you mentioned J.W. in an earlier post, who I do not know either,either way a lot of people have given me stick for for having a go at racism politely...I do not like racism as there are good and bad amongst all people and to single out a man just because he was born elsewhere is degrading.I do not wish Huddersfield ill will either.Perhaps some of you should get their FACTS right before coming on here posting diatribe,that includes our board as well,not the whole of posters..just a few who think they are cool for being different.
Now lets see if any of them are man enough to apologize for mistaken identity...I doubt it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here