Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Security at Wembley last night .... Non existent

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It isn't about then versus now. Times change. The only thing that counts is now.

Having these pricks on film all over the internet may or may not reduce our prospects of getting a WC in England. This may or may not be something people care about. For me, to be honest, I'm not that bothered. However, others are desperate for it and their cause will hardly be supported by this shithousery.

And it wasn't so many decades ago that giving the missus the occasion back hander was regarded as normal. And before that there was the rule of thumb. How far back to you want to go to reset what's 'acceptable'? :shrug:

Many years ago we were playing Chesterfield away. I have scoliosis and get back pain if I have to stand too long. So I booked a first class seat on the train out of London (well in advance - good price). The train was packed and a Brighton supporter had taken my seat. He just laughed at me when I pointed it out that he was in my seat. Nasty agressive sort, 20 years my junior and with the train rammed I had to suck it up. I just thought he was a piece of shit, and hoped and expected him to die a sad and painful death. Never mind.

Football sadly attracts too much scum for my liking. You have to hold your nose to go to football, sometimes, especially when 'national pride' or some sort of grudge game is on. Palace away. Etc., sadly.

The tories should be ensuring that people like me, with money, can bypass the urine stink of the unwashed, surely? The tories can't even do a proper job of being tories these days. Sad. But it is football after all, and that doesn't count, does it. More fool me :shrug:
???

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I thought it was Tom Cruise next to Beckham now I know it was someone off of here

Cruise was there but not next to Beckham, he was down in the dugout filming the next MI movie…..

d04248b5644db68101073d6b2db86c65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Two reasons

1: It’s quite common to have late Sunday KO’s in Europe, they don’t have as many people there unable to drink sensibly.

2: By kicking off at 8pm it increases the value of the rights in both East and West coast in the USA.

So option 1 - a sad indictment of our country.
Option 2 - all about the money and a lack of understanding by European football’s governing body of option 1 - but then I guess they didn’t expect England to make the final!

Did the police not have any say in the timing of the game, like they do for domestic fixtures - it didn’t take a clairvoyant to predict what would happen after a whole day on the booze...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So option 1 - a sad indictment of our country.
Option 2 - all about the money and a lack of understanding by European football’s governing body of option 1 - but then I guess they didn’t expect England to make the final!

Did the police not have any say in the timing of the game, like they do for domestic fixtures - it didn’t take a clairvoyant to predict what would happen after a whole day on the booze...

All of these.

Really has messed up future opportunities to host tournaments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 22389

The message I got from my cousin in Italy was "We Won" and "God Save The Queen" then he went on about Italian supporters being hit or something like that. I saw a video myself of people trying to set fire to the Italian flag, and then there was the booing at the start of the match.

I had to explain the most British people are not like this, but once again because of a few dicks, it ruins it for everyone else. It's a Fing embarrassment.

Why can't people just behave.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The message I got from my cousin in Italy was "We Won" and "God Save The Queen" then he went on about Italian supporters being hit or something like that. I saw a video myself of people trying to set fire to the Italian flag, and then there was the booing at the start of the match.

I had to explain the most British people are not like this, but once again because of a few dicks, it ruins it for everyone else. It's a Fing embarrassment.

You think Italian fans got hit? I think there's some footage of English and Italian fans goading each other in Hyde park but both as bad as each other. I was literally next to Italy fans in the stadium with no barrier and there was ZERO trouble.

Booing for national anthem and knee was very minimal as much as you would get in any other country.

Don't believe everything you read or even see. The media in this country are an absolute disgrace whipping up these stories.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
All of these.

Really has messed up future opportunities to host tournaments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really is a shame, if not an embarrassment and heads should roll to be honest.

This wasn’t a domestic cup match, or even a domestic final. An international, global event with all eyes on Wembley and we failed to protect the families and peaceful supporters who attended.

There’s always a thug element that follows England around. Just staggered that with England in a final we didn’t have a more robust security prepared.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You think Italian fans got hit? I think there's some footage of English and Italian fans goading each other in Hyde park but both as bad as each other. I was literally next to Italy fans in the stadium with no barrier and there was ZERO trouble.

Booing for national anthem and knee was very minimal as much as you would get in any other country.

Don't believe everything you read or even see. The media in this country are an absolute disgrace whipping up these stories.

So we should believe you over statements from Wembley, the FA, the police, media footage and loads of social media footage and eye witness accounts on here?

Okay, nothing happened.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So we should believe you over statements from Wembley, the FA, the police, media footage and loads of social media footage and eye witness accounts on here?

Okay, nothing happened.

Well I believed him when he told us what his mate had done to Kylie's chimney (back in the day when dwayne was black) :lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Okay, nothing happened.
Just to be clear did Italian fans get attacked in Wembley?

D

Deleted member 22389

Trouble is most Italian supporters will only get their information from social media, and unfortunately it seems to have left a bit of a stain on our supporters all over again.

I have ended up having to apologise, because I don't want to be associated with the small band of idiots. I know there are idiots in all countries, but because of our past we will always get singled out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just to be clear did Italian fans get attacked in Wembley?

No, you didn’t see anything so it clearly didn’t happen.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Why not ask your cousin what happens when English clubs play Lazio, Roma etc - beaten up, stabbed etc. Why not ask him what happened to England fans in Turin in 2015? Not sure we should be 'apologising' any more than any Italian would

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here