Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Security at Wembley last night .... Non existent

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So we should believe you over statements from Wembley, the FA, the police, media footage and loads of social media footage and eye witness accounts on here?

Okay, nothing happened.

To be fair, I've seen lots of social media footage of England fans being pissed-up dickheads, but not seen anything - social media or MSM - with Italian fans being physically attacked.

Happy to be corrected if you have the links to these stories.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So we should believe you over statements from Wembley, the FA, the police, media footage and loads of social media footage and eye witness accounts on here?

Okay, nothing happened.

Is that the same police force that originally said that ticketless fans had not got into the stadium?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
To be fair, I've seen lots of social media footage of England fans being pissed-up dickheads, but not seen anything - social media or MSM - with Italian fans being physically attacked.

Thanks

As I said as well there were band of Italian fans maybe 200 right in the middle of all English fans in upper tier block 547 with no barriers or stewards. No one was attacked and there was some great banter.

You wouldn't hear this on the news reports !!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Most of the Italians there were cockneys from what I could tell anyway :)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Thanks

As I said as well there were band of Italian fans maybe 200 right in the middle of all English fans in upper tier block 547 with no barriers or stewards. No one was attacked and there was some great banter.

I didn't see any trouble between English and Italian fans either. Of course, there may have been incidents elsewhere but the atmosphere was very upbeat where I was.

Outside the ground 2 Italian blokes dressed as Mario and Luigi were having their photo taken with English fans and on the concourse both sets of fans were chatting together.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The message I got from my cousin in Italy was "We Won" and "God Save The Queen" then he went on about Italian supporters being hit or something like that. I saw a video myself of people trying to set fire to the Italian flag, and then there was the booing at the start of the match.

I had to explain the most British people are not like this, but once again because of a few dicks, it ruins it for everyone else. It's a Fing embarrassment.

Why can't people just behave.
The Italian Ultras are mental f.uckers they make our lot look exactly what they are pissed up morons.

Liverpool fan Simon Cox was left brain damaged by a Roma fan so let’s not do this it’s just the English.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Thanks

Of course you wouldn’t. The media only go for anything that is controversial or comment worthy. So pissed up, Ingerland dickheads behaving like dickheads are an easy target even if it is a tiny minority. The other is the fan zone pissheads chucking their beer in the air in celebration.

God forbid that more than 99% of the football watching populace are sane, law abiding, decent people. :glare:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Of course you wouldn’t. The media only go for anything that is controversial or comment worthy. So pissed up, Ingerland dickheads behaving like dickheads are an easy target even if it is a tiny minority. The other is the fan zone pissheads chucking their beer in the air in celebration.

God forbid that more than 99% of the football watching populace are sane, law abiding, decent people. :glare:

Most of us realize that but this vilification of football fans suits agendas on NSC and elsewhere.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is that the same police force that originally said that ticketless fans had not got into the stadium?

Yes it was, and I took that on board as well as follow up statements as well as everything else when deciding (on balance) who and what to believe happened.

I guess you’re looking for strange shadows and continuity issues to declare Leicester Square being smashed up was an elaborate hoax filmed in a warehouse somewhere. Could explain why Tom Cruise kept popping up in London I guess?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes it was, and I took that on board as well as follow up statements as well as everything else when deciding (on balance) who and what to believe happened.

I guess you’re looking for strange shadows and continuity issues to declare Leicester Square being smashed up was an elaborate hoax filmed in a warehouse somewhere. Could explain why Tom Cruise kept popping up in London I guess?

I don't think anyone is denying that Leicester Sq was left in a real mess on Monday morning, as well as other parts of London no doubt.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

There’s stuff posted on this site, this thread or the other one.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Most of us realize that but this vilification of football fans suits agendas on NSC and elsewhere.

Out of interest, what agendas and from whom?

31 million watched the match in this country, so it certainly was a minority who acted like prize bellends. Inside the stadium it was mixed, some areas family friendly, others a shambolic mess.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There’s stuff posted on this site, this thread or the other one.

You may be mistaken as I've not seen anything on this thread since following it from yesterday morning. Maybe I am, in which case could you point me to it.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

You guess wrong. You just put forward the idea that authorities should not be questioned, even by eyewitnesses. Thought it should be highlighted that authorities can get things wrong, Palace at the turnstiles springs to mind amongst others.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Doesn’t suit the narrative of the embarrassed to be English brigade…

incredible the wetting of pants for a few isolated non entity things in a crowd of hundreds of thousands.

heads need to be wobbled etc

So just shrug shoulders, don't review any security procedures, turn a blind eye, just an acceptable consequence of a big game. Heads really do need a wobble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here