Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Security at Wembley last night .... Non existent

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not sure I agree, think the problems we faced from the 70s was it was ignored for too long and took root in the game to such an extent we put fences up etc etc etc. If you learn from mistakes of the past, I would say you need to address it pretty quickly, learn from it and how to prevent it happening again.

At 13 I went to my first England game at Wembley in 1988 for the Rous Cup v Scotland. I didn’t go again for years, maybe a decade or more the experience was that bad. I hope you and others are right and very few kids will feel like I did in ‘88 and be put off watching England for a very long time.
What can you really address here though??? Tournaments attract pissed up dickheads a long way off from the organised firms of the 80’s, 90’s.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It wasn't a few others, it was hundreds if not thousands. If what I saw at our gate was anything to go by - multiply that by 10-20 gates... it was a lot of people
Official reports say a hundred or so managed to breach and gain access. If thousand had got in it would of been carnage inside as you would expect in an all seater stadium.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Official reports say a hundred or so managed to breach and gain access. If thousand had got in it would of been carnage inside as you would expect in an all seater stadium.

It was carnage. In the blocks around 108-111 fans were crammed in, many 2 to a seat. Saw with my own eyes on one gate alone there was more than 100..

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It was carnage. In the blocks around 108-111 fans were crammed in, many 2 to a seat. Saw with my own eyes on one gate alone there was more than 100..
That may have been people just moving with their mates or for a better view ? .... I didn't stay in my seat.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That may have been people just moving with their mates or for a better view ? .... I didn't stay in my seat.

Perhaps but you’d expect to see some spaces / empty seats.

Given we were in the official England end, it was very easy to spot who jibbed in - they were definitely not your typical England fan…

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Older fans here come on you’ve seen it proper kick offs in the 80’s - 90’s and maybe 70’s for some. That was drunken behaviour and handbags yesterday.

When did this country get so over reactionary, reading Twitter yesterday people thought the Match would get abandoned because people had drinks in Leicester Square and a few others had a go at getting into Wembley without tickets :facepalm:

It isn't about then versus now. Times change. The only thing that counts is now.

Having these pricks on film all over the internet may or may not reduce our prospects of getting a WC in England. This may or may not be something people care about. For me, to be honest, I'm not that bothered. However, others are desperate for it and their cause will hardly be supported by this shithousery.

And it wasn't so many decades ago that giving the missus the occasion back hander was regarded as normal. And before that there was the rule of thumb. How far back to you want to go to reset what's 'acceptable'? :shrug:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Older fans here come on you’ve seen it proper kick offs in the 80’s - 90’s and maybe 70’s for some. That was drunken behaviour and handbags yesterday.

When did this country get so over reactionary, reading Twitter yesterday people thought the Match would get abandoned because people had drinks in Leicester Square and a few others had a go at getting into Wembley without tickets :facepalm:

When there are families and people paying big money for tickets it is unacceptable for 100 drunken idiots smashing their way into the stadium.

The organisers have let the genuine fans down here. The cost of adequate security is factored into determining the selling price of the ticket, so the organisers have short-changed the punters by not providing the security they've paid for.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
How difficult would it have been for London (whoever arranges these sort of things) to cordon off Leicester square etc and make it a ticket only area fan park?

After the Germany game the chance of England being in the final was high, could have made plans then that came into play when we did make the final .

It would have stopped some of the mass unorganised groups

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
i didnt see any trouble but could have been because me and Pruning Fergus were to busy sending monky and banana imojis to the players who missed the penaltys, just for a laugh of course its just banter

Regards

DF

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
i didnt see any trouble but could have been because me and Pruning Fergus were to busy sending monky and banana imojis to the players who missed the penaltys, just for a laugh of course its just banter

Regards

DF

Ahhh I wonder which moderator/ member is using this account today, come on don’t be shy [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

how would react if you and your kid turned up to the match, ticket in hand that you'd correctly paid out for only to find that a bunch of drunk knobs were in your seat without paying for them and it being impossible to get them moved.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
how would react if you and your kid turned up to the match, ticket in hand that you'd correctly paid out for only to find that a bunch of drunk knobs were in your seat without paying for them and it being impossible to get them moved.
Has there actually been any verified instances of this actually happening yet or is it more media BS?

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Has there actually been any verified instances of this actually happening yet or is it more media BS?

yep I was there and it was 100's if not 1000's going in without paying - pretty crap for the real fans when the cheapest ticket was 295 Euro

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Yes- happened to me. Said so after Germany game, and happened yesterday on much bigger scale.

yep I was there and it was 100's if not 1000's going in without paying - pretty crap for the real fans when the cheapest ticket was 295 Euro

Technically cheapest was 95 Euro, but point still stands

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yes- happened to me. Said so after Germany game, and happened yesterday on much bigger scale.

Technically cheapest was 95 Euro, but point still stands
Fair enough. Didn't see it myself but don't doubt it. I paid 2500 for my ticket but moved to a different (empty) seat when the game kicked off. Think that's allowed :)

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
How difficult would it have been for London (whoever arranges these sort of things) to cordon off Leicester square etc and make it a ticket only area fan park?

After the Germany game the chance of England being in the final was high, could have made plans then that came into play when we did make the final .

It would have stopped some of the mass unorganised groups

Met a load of pissed up lads on the train up yesterday. They were in fine voice and good humoured at 13:00, but one was already pretty legless. None had tickets - they were just going for the crack. Hate to think what they were like come 22:30.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Met a load of pissed up lads on the train up yesterday. They were in fine voice and good humoured at 13:00, but one was already pretty legless. None had tickets - they were just going for the crack. Hate to think what they were like come 22:30.

Good point, has anyone explained why it was an 8pm kick off and not 5pm?

I’m assuming TV rights somewhere, as I can’t see any other good reason to have a late kick off!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

My ticket was 95 euros. There were a few people moving around and sitting in different seats but I didn't see any aggression or seat-stealing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here