Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Security at Wembley last night .... Non existent

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Yeah it was a bit odd. I didn't need to show my Covid status or any ID at all. Turnstiles - scan of bar code for ticket and in. As quick as I've ever got into a ground before.

SAC

May 21, 2014
SSN, England being investigated for laser pen. Booing national anthems, fireworks

Possibly the least booing (or national Anthems) at any England match at Wembley for years. Did they miss the Scotland and Germany games?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Look up "Steward; Wembley stadium" in a thesaurus and it will probably say "uninterested, bored, perma-texting, pointless, easy-money, not-my-job, ask-my-supervisor, hi-viz trip hazard."

Other than ensuring Wembley complies with the terms of Brent Council's safety certificate by being present in sufficient number, they do absolutely nothing but I'm sure it's a decent gig for a bit of extra cash and zero requirement to do anything except stand about a bit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
First match I've ever been to where people were openly flouting every trick in the book to get in the stadium without a ticket and succeeding !! So many holes in security and back doors open. Not surprising the stadium looked full, it probably was.

No frisking inside ground so fans openly drinking vodka and whiskey in the stands. People openly smoking.

Absolutely brilliant, I'm imagining this is what 70s football used to be like.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Interesting, my first thought on seeing the crowd during and just after the National Anthems was “no way is that just 60,000 fans, where would the other 30,000 go if it was a capacity crowd?”

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
First match I've ever been to where people were openly flouting every trick in the book to get in the stadium without a ticket and succeeding !! So many holes in security and back doors open. Not surprising the stadium looked full, it probably was.

No frisking inside ground so fans openly drinking vodka and whiskey in the stands. People openly smoking.

Absolutely brilliant, I'm imagining this is what 70s football used to be like.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

A bit like the Amex every time the Palace oompah loompahs turn up with their smoke bombs you mean? Rarely going to get zero-hours-contract gig economy security makeweights giving too much of a shit I'd suggest :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Ridiculous. What the hell are the FA supposed to do if some herbert smuggles in a laser pointer ? You'd basically have to strip-search every fan at the turnstile to try to prevent it, and even then he could have shoved it up his arse.

As for the boo-ing, well I've had my say on that. If thats the worst thing to happen in a football stadium then I think everyone will get home safe and sound.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Ridiculous. What the hell are the FA supposed to do if some herbert smuggles in a laser pointer ? You'd basically have to strip-search every fan at the turnstile to try to prevent it, and even then he could have shoved it up his arse.

As for the boo-ing, well I've had my say on that. If thats the worst thing to happen in a football stadium then I think everyone will get home safe and sound.

Get where you’re coming from, but then you can hardly expect them to do nothing.

They need to be seen to be firm, and setting a deterrent, otherwise we are then saying it’s ok for every Herbert to smuggle a laser in.

It’ll end up a fine or something, but hopefully all this hoo-ha will make any **** who had been thinking ‘that was cool, I’ll do that too’ now think twice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Get where you’re coming from, but then you can hardly expect them to do nothing.

They need to be seen to be firm, and setting a deterrent, otherwise we are then saying it’s ok for every Herbert to smuggle a laser in.

It’ll end up a fine or something, but hopefully all this hoo-ha will make any **** who had been thinking ‘that was cool, I’ll do that too’ now think twice.

Yeah, I suppose.

But punishing the FA with a fine won't solve anything. Fining the Bulgarian FA £59.99 for the racist chanting against England won't stop the racists with their chanting. Fining the FA for this laser pen incident won't stop weapons-grade dickheads getting in.

I guess they have to be seen to be doing something though.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
England vs Italy - Uefa Final update:

Sounds pretty bad at Wembley this evening, with security being breached and ticketless fans getting through doors and tail-gating ticket holders through the turnstyles or simply shoving in front of people when they had scanned their ticket. Loads of people arriving at their legimate seats to find ticketless fans had already taken their place. Outside sounds like a complete nightmare as well. A real shame for people holding genuine tickets.

Altough the game itself was pretty forgettable, taking my young son to Wembley for the first time for the cup semi final vs Man City was a really memorable experience that fellow Brighton supporters around us enhanced by making sure my lad had a great day out, making sure he could see ok and giving him their flags at the end of the match. I'm so glad I wasn't at Wembley with him tonight. It sounds like a nightmare.

I'm sure there will be big fall-out from this tonight.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
England vs Italy - Uefa Final update:

Sounds pretty bad at Wembley this evening, with security being breached and ticketless fans getting through doors and tail-gating ticket holders through the turnstyles or simply shoving in front of people when they had scanned their ticket. Loads of people arriving at their legimate seats to find ticketless fans had already taken their place. Outside sounds like a complete nightmare as well. A real shame for people holding genuine tickets.

Altough the game itself was pretty forgettable, taking my young son to Wembley for the first time for the cup semi final vs Man City was a really memorable experience that fellow Brighton supporters around us enhanced by making sure my lad had a great day out, making sure he could see ok and giving him their flags at the end of the match. I'm so glad I wasn't at Wembley with him tonight. It sounds like a nightmare.

I'm sure there will be big fall-out from this tonight.

Sounds like something that might decrease Englands chance of getting the Euro 2028 tourmanet.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sounds like something that might decrease Englands chance of getting the Euro 2028 tourmanet.

I hope so. Too many dickheads in this country who can't handle their drink and think their right to behave like this takes precedence over everybody else.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks to be England fans inside Wembley fighting ticketless England fans getting in through the disabled access door.

Exactly. No sympathy. Was easy to spot most of the ticketless fans inside, plenty getting a hostile reaction…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here