Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls V Stoke AUDIO ONLY Live at Smugglers Brighton

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
My old man's just suggested they could put the BBC Sussex Radio commentry on - Mr Smugglers TAKE NOTE - this will work well if the timing is correct - if there's a 5 second delay on the TV it would be woeful though!

It will be horrendous! I tried that indoors with one of the FA Cup replays. Radio Sussex was about 2 seconds ahead of ESPN!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I've been banging on about this for YEARS! Indeed I think the first ever thread I started on NSC in about 2000 (as 'old fat and bald') was to make the same plea. Over the years I've pleaded, shouted, begged, called everybody who sings "to win the cup" pig-ignorant morons who can't actually understand the meaning of the words that are coming out of their mouths - nothing.

Not giving up though! Although I do like Rich Suvner's idea of using the real words.

EDIT: Although I suppose this season especially I shouldn't complain. Anyone who sings "going up to win the cup" as opposed to "going up and we'll win the cup" thinks the same as me - the FA Cup is the most important competition and getting promoted isn't worth singing about!

I think this season the words of the original fans' version make more sense than ever -

We ARE going up and we WILL win the Cup (well possibly not, but the dream is still alive at least until 5pm tomorra....).

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
We will get it rocking in there :thumbsup:

seagullsmugglers

Feb 16, 2011
OK, when this match was advertised I had been told by senior management that the game was being played on Sky. Now obviously that is not the case.

From the amount of interest in this thread and the amount of phone calls we've received about the match, its clear that there's a lot of fans who want somewhere to see the match.

We're currently seeing if there is anyway to screen the match without breaking laws and existing contracts.

Stay tuned to see if we can do it or not, I'll have a definite answer by the end of the day.

Worst comes to worst we will be playing the audio only.

Fingers crossed though we will be playing the match in its full glory

seagullsmugglers

Feb 16, 2011
Sorry guys, just received confirmation we will not be able to show the game tomorrow.

Sorry to get people's hopes up and we're just as gutted that we can't play it.

We will be playing the commentary for the game with the updates on Sky Sports News, obviously not ideal but we'll still have a good atmosphere going.

Once again, many apologies and hopefully we can make it up to you guys with more televised Seagulls games in the future

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here