Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls V Stoke AUDIO ONLY Live at Smugglers Brighton

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Over the years I've pleaded, shouted, begged, called everybody who sings "to win the cup" pig-ignorant morons who can't actually understand the meaning of the words that are coming out of their mouths - nothing.

Interesting stuff about the lyrics change - strange it became so permanent

Have to say, I've always though ' going up to win the cup' was a pretty crap line, hence i'd like to see it changed.... but, i have also been one of those pig-ignorant morans who sings it, simply because they are the words! :O

Just think a real push to get people singing at least one or two of the verse from original GOSBTS could be amazing - a genuine Sussex tune with real history and actually some amazing lines - love this

Far o'er the seas we wander
Wide through the world we roam,
Far from the kind hearts yonder
Far from our dear old home,
But never shall we forget my boys
And true we'll ever be
To the girls so kind that we left behind
In Sussex by the sea.

The big screens at Amex could help

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why do people think this is illegal? The pubs have paid for Sky Italia, so they show it...

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
My thoughts exactly... How are you going to be showing it?

I was speaking to a Pub landlord about this the other day (The Wyandotte in Kenilworth will be showing it for any Warwickshire based Seagulls)

The recent Euro ruling means the Sky sports Italia is effectively legal and a shit load cheaper with more games than normal Sky sports. Sky haven't been chasing up pubs recently because they were waiting for the ruling, now its come more and more pubs are getting cheap foreign versions of Sky and are more brazen about advertising games at 3 on a Sat - becuase there is not a lot Sky can do about it (yet)

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I was speaking to a Pub landlord about this the other day (The Wyandotte in Kenilworth will be showing it for any Warwickshire based Seagulls)

The recent Euro ruling means the Sky sports Italia is effectively legal and a shit load cheaper with more games than normal Sky sports. Sky haven't been chasing up pubs recently because they were waiting for the ruling, now its come more and more pubs are getting cheap foreign versions of Sky and are more brazen about advertising games at 3 on a Sat - becuase there is not a lot Sky can do about it (yet)

That is indeed the case as per this ruling as it stands right now. I am suprised a lot more pubs don't do it yet, but I think over time they will realise this (well until Murdoch and his lawyers do something about it)

BBC News - Pub landlady over football TV backing

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting stuff about the lyrics change - strange it became so permanent

Have to say, I've always though ' going up to win the cup' was a pretty crap line, hence i'd like to see it changed.... but, i have also been one of those pig-ignorant morans who sings it, simply because they are the words! :O
Ok, I'll let you off as at least you're aware that you were singing a crap line! Perhaps now though, whilst we're waiting for your excellent campaign to re-introduce the real words to take off, you can tell your friends and try and re-instate the "and we'll"? We'll probably get it right just in time for our next appearance in the Cup Final!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Does anyone know if the game is on German Sky?

I've just checked the schedules for Sky Deutschland and they're only showing the Bundesliga games in the afternoon :thumbsup:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
You've still got it wrong, it's "going up AND WE'LL win the Cup", not 'to win the Cup'. And for the first time ever that song could come true this season!

And in case someone thinks I'm being picky and churlish - thanks for the match info.

Not sure I agree with you on this? I have always sang "to win the cup".

EDIT : Just read the rest of the thread, don't think my brain would let me change the words after a few beers, sorry, but I'll try ha ha.

Albion Rob

Anyone know of a pub where it might be on in the Eastbourne area?

I'm going to have a stroll along Seaside on Saturday afternoon and see if any of the pubs down there are showing it (Kings Arms, Black Sheep etc).

Failing that, my best best would be Chambers on Grove Road or the Albanian Cafe on Terminus Road - both have a solid history of showing EPL games at 3pm on a Saturday.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm going to have a stroll along Seaside on Saturday afternoon and see if any of the pubs down there are showing it (Kings Arms, Black Sheep etc).

Failing that, my best best would be Chambers on Grove Road or the Albanian Cafe on Terminus Road - both have a solid history of showing EPL games at 3pm on a Saturday.
cheers, I might bump into you!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Just wanted to let all you fellow Albion fans know that we will be showing the match on Saturday at The Smugglers, 10 Ship St, Brighton.

The game will be shown on our massive 7 foot projector and our 50" TVs!! Plus great drinks and food. :)

Hope to see you there, arrive early to get a seat!!

We're going up to win the cup from Sussex by the Sea!! :amex:

Have you got rid of that ridiculous punchbag machine? Last time I was in there, (a couple of years ago) the place was packed full of chavvy bellends crowding round it and desperately proving their manliness...

I've not been back since as the atmosphere was awful.

On a more positive note, good to see a Brighton boozer catering for those who can't get to the game!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
*potential stupid question of the day alert*

As it's Sky Italia showing it. Will commentary be in Italian..?

*/potential stupid question of the day alert*

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

When I watched Chelsea vs Liverpool on German Sky in the Royal Standard, they seemed to have BBC commentary on, which was odd!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'll be in there - can't go to the game due to money so am hoping to create our own Albion away atmosphere in the Smugglers :) :) :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

My old man's just suggested they could put the BBC Sussex Radio commentry on - Mr Smugglers TAKE NOTE - this will work well if the timing is correct - if there's a 5 second delay on the TV it would be woeful though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here