Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls V Stoke AUDIO ONLY Live at Smugglers Brighton

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
i don't know anybody who sings it this way - always thought it was 'to win the cup' and always sang it that way.

personally wish we'd sing 'you can tell them all that we'll stand or fall...' - good to hear people given the full lyrics an airing recently - hats off. it's a great song and the fact is has the line 'Now let your hearts be gay' is frankly hilarious
It was always sung as "and we'll" until 1983 when it got changed to "to" as we were physically going up 'to' Wembley. For some reason it never got changed back, even though 'going up to win the Cup' doesn't actually make any sense.

But I agree with you, "tell them all that we stand or fall" is much better.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just rung the smugglers and the bloke said the match was on sky. How does that work? I don't want to get there and it's not on.

It is on Sky - not the version you're thinking of but Sky Italia.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bloody marvellous news. I've copped a weekend on call this weekend so can't go, but an afternoon in a pub in Brighton on the other hand........

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Better get down the warwick early doors and bag a good seat! Maybe a second mortgage to afford a few drinks as well.
emotkratos.gif
emotkratos.gif
emotkratos.gif
emotkratos.gif

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
How come we have an outbreak of illegal game showings at 3pm on Saturday afternoon? Is it because of that recent case in the papers? Does this mean pubs will be showing other games at that time?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Ah Smugglers!

Started my drinking there as a 16 year old in 83.

Friday night, once past the bouncers you could hear the distant smashing of glasses as you made your way down to the disco in the basement. Mad Jock and his boys kickin off as usual!

Them were the days.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
How come we have an outbreak of illegal game showings at 3pm on Saturday afternoon? Is it because of that recent case in the papers? Does this mean pubs will be showing other games at that time?

My thoughts exactly... How are you going to be showing it?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It was always sung as "and we'll" until 1983 when it got changed to "to" as we were physically going up 'to' Wembley. For some reason it never got changed back, even though 'going up to win the Cup' doesn't actually make any sense.
Glad I'm not the only one who realised this! Please can we change it back!!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Glad I'm not the only one who realised this! Please can we change it back!!!
I've been banging on about this for YEARS! Indeed I think the first ever thread I started on NSC in about 2000 (as 'old fat and bald') was to make the same plea. Over the years I've pleaded, shouted, begged, called everybody who sings "to win the cup" pig-ignorant morons who can't actually understand the meaning of the words that are coming out of their mouths - nothing.

Not giving up though! Although I do like Rich Suvner's idea of using the real words.

EDIT: Although I suppose this season especially I shouldn't complain. Anyone who sings "going up to win the cup" as opposed to "going up and we'll win the cup" thinks the same as me - the FA Cup is the most important competition and getting promoted isn't worth singing about!

Last edited:

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Thanks, Smugglers, hope to see you. Suggest NSC posters wear name badges so we can put a face to the names of the prats on here..........I'll start !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here