Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scumhampton on fire

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The Dell was an awful ground. I remember going to the opening game of the 77/78 season and only being able to see a third of the pitch.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Saints will finish in the top three for sure. Very strong team indeed. Hard to see a weakness. Only chance we have of catching them is if they get several injuries to their forwards after the transfer window has closed.

SaintlySaint

Nov 24, 2010
Can you keep up Brighton? :D

I would post the link to the goals, but I don't have 25 posts so I can't. You'll just have to search for them yourselves!

You've got a good side, and I can't see you finishing outside of the top 10 this season. It's going to be a hard season for everyone though, we may burn ourselves out before long if we keep scoring for fun!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This is very encouraging, we all know we are a better side than them, if they can finish second we should finish first :thumbsup: :moo:

Reactions: GYM

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good result for them. Couldn't care less about Southampton.... Don't concern me at all apart from 2 games this season. I do think they are better suited for this league than ourselves. Good luck to em, but I am not sure I can cope with seeing their total fuckwit of a manager with a grin on his face and talking SHITE all season. What is it about him that makes me have to swear out loud when he is interviewed ?.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Football World started in 1966

Five goals away is OTT. It should not allowed too often. How often have the Albion done this? Halifax, Hartlepool, Chester (7), any others?

What is Albion's biggest win away in the top two tiers? I think our biggest home win was 7-0 against league leaders Charlton.

Gordon Smith got a hatrick at Coventry in memory.

And Southampton are on a run of something like eight consecutive wins. This is almost unheard of. How many wins on the trot did we get in March? Eight ?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They probably need Lallana to stay injury free, I seem to remember them doing very well when he was in the team last year but being very ordinary whilst he was injured? Terrific start to a season though, can we keep up with a win at Cardiff? I'll settle for a point at the moment.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Southampton are well placed to have a good season, and I expect them to be challenging hard for the top six. Very impressive start for them.

I just hope we can keep our run going, and I would definitely settle for a point tonight.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
They probably need to keep Lallana never mind keeping him clear of injuries but fairs fair, last night was a pretty amazing result for them against a team who are supposed to be promotion contenders. I don't think they are a better team than us, they play (very well) a typical english game - power, physicality, speed and a fair bit of skill (think Man U though I'm not saying they are comparable with them!!) ideally suited to the championship whereas we play a more continental/south american style and once we've fully got the measure of this league + a couple more acquisitions I think we're going to be pretty damn good too. Gus made an interesting point in his press conference yesterday about the fact that not many teams in this division will set out to try and stop us playing like last season so if we can suss out how to exploit more offensively minded teams (and we are already starting to do that) we're gonna be a real force to contend with. When all fit we've got a pretty damn good attacking potential already.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
even if we lose tonight that will still be 2 points per game, and enough to go up. Lets not get too worried about other teams, I couldn't be happier with our start!

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
They probably need Lallana to stay injury free, I seem to remember them doing very well when he was in the team last year but being very ordinary whilst he was injured? Terrific start to a season though, can we keep up with a win at Cardiff? I'll settle for a point at the moment.

Luckily this year it's not the case. Jack Cork's the one that's making us tick, class player, and an absolute steal. Don't expect us to keep it up much longer, 10 wins in a row now I believe, run has to come to an end sooner or later.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Luckily this year it's not the case. Jack Cork's the one that's making us tick, class player, and an absolute steal. Don't expect us to keep it up much longer, 10 wins in a row now I believe, run has to come to an end sooner or later.

Always thought he would be a good signing. Definitely think Southampton have a good chance of being top 6 and maybe even better.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hope Southampton do go up, got £10 on at 16/1

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Southampton are well placed to have a good season, and I expect them to be challenging hard for the top six. Very impressive start for them.

I just hope we can keep our run going, and I would definitely settle for a point tonight.

Spot on!

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
West Ham historically used to always start well in the top league, always the early pace setters, then their season was finished by Hallow'een. I can't see the scummers (or us) being in the mix come next April. Let them enjoy their 15 minutes, it won't last.

3 games means f*** all, come back after 12

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can't subscribe to this 'Southampton are brilliant' point of view after just three games of the season played. Surely a more balanced judgement can only be made after maybe ten games and then Christmas? I'll wait until these different sectors in the term. This is a marathon not a sprint.

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
They probably need to keep Lallana never mind keeping him clear of injuries but fairs fair, last night was a pretty amazing result for them against a team who are supposed to be promotion contenders. I don't think they are a better team than us, they play (very well) a typical english game - power, physicality, speed and a fair bit of skill (think Man U though I'm not saying they are comparable with them!!) ideally suited to the championship whereas we play a more continental/south american style and once we've fully got the measure of this league + a couple more acquisitions I think we're going to be pretty damn good too. Gus made an interesting point in his press conference yesterday about the fact that not many teams in this division will set out to try and stop us playing like last season so if we can suss out how to exploit more offensively minded teams (and we are already starting to do that) we're gonna be a real force to contend with. When all fit we've got a pretty damn good attacking potential already.

This is where you're wrong. We passed Ipswich off the park last night. (56% possession) We completely out-footballed them and tore them a new arsehole. Except we don't f*** around with it at the back, it's attacking.

Now now lads, I thought you were going to not care about us when you went up, but look, you have a 6 page thread on us. f***ing pathetic. As for those of you still calling us Scumhampton, Stains etc etc, grow up and please just get it into your heads that we are the biggest (by far), and best club on the South Coast at this current moment in time.

Can you keep up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here