Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scumhampton on fire

Good luck to 'em. They are nailed on for play-offs at least, someone mentioned it earlier, but with the size of their players they are better equipped than us to do well in this league. We've seen in the first two games our team get kicked in the air, this division is physical.

Can we please stop the "scumhampton" shite as well, makes us all look bitter and twisted. Last season is gone, give it up.

Not sure "better equipped", but agree that this made-up rivalry just makes some of our fans look simple and silly.

How they got 12mil for their Chamberlain while we sold Bennett for .....surely way too low against that figure! It's a bit baffling. :shrug:

They began well, so have we - let's just worry about our fortunes and laugh at palace - Saints really shouldn't be an 'aggressive' rivalry.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd be happy for Southampton to finish second behind the Albion (again). And like last season, I think any team finishing above them will go up - they've got a squad good enough for promotion, IMO.

pheeeewwww

Will be a good result for you.

What's the Saints' fans view on Lee Barnard's future at St Mary's? I see his legal team have got the trial has moved to Salisbury sometime in October because "he may not get a fair trial in Southampton" - what's that all about?
Is he injured atm or just not selected tonight?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Yes, apart from Harding, who they seem to have replaced, and their goalkeeper, I don't think they have a weakness.

As far as being our rivals, sorry but no.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And while on the subject of our Hampshire bumpkin cousins, amusing to see Portsmouth attract a bumper crowd of 13,000 for the visit of Reading, who presumably brought 1,500 with them.

Best fans in the world.

*chuckle*

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Shit a brick. They won't have any problems in GD this season then.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We have 23 rivals this term and Southampton are one of them... don't be so touchy some of you!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I don't like the buggers, but 5-2 away at Ipswich is one helluva good result (again). They're gonna be pushing for The Premiershite this year if they don't get a load of injuries. Very impressive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here