Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scumhampton on fire

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is where you're wrong. We passed Ipswich off the park last night. (56% possession) We completely out-footballed them and tore them a new arsehole. Except we don't f*** around with it at the back, it's attacking.

Now now lads, I thought you were going to not care about us when you went up, but look, you have a 6 page thread on us. f***ing pathetic. As for those of you still calling us Scumhampton, Stains etc etc, grow up and please just get it into your heads that we are the biggest (by far), and best club on the South Coast at this current moment in time.

Can you keep up?
No-one had mentioned Southampton for 5 hours. Couldn't you just f*** off?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just seen the goals on BBC. Utterly PITIFUL defending by Ipswich. Never seen such a gormless lead-in-their-boots display. The result clearly flatters Southampton. They're not all that.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
This is where you're wrong. We passed Ipswich off the park last night. (56% possession) We completely out-footballed them and tore them a new arsehole. Except we don't f*** around with it at the back, it's attacking.

Now now lads, I thought you were going to not care about us when you went up, but look, you have a 6 page thread on us. f***ing pathetic. As for those of you still calling us Scumhampton, Stains etc etc, grow up and please just get it into your heads that we are the biggest (by far), and best club on the South Coast at this current moment in time.

Can you keep up?

..... and they wonder why we think they're arrogant and are seriously irritated by Nigel "jumpers for goalposts" Adkins, the man who talks like a comedian taking the piss out of football managers?!!

simpleton

Apr 23, 2011
..... and they wonder why we think they're arrogant and are seriously irritated by Nigel "jumpers for goalposts" Adkins, the man who talks like a comedian taking the piss out of football managers?!!

Adkins' interviews are toe curlingly awful. I think its deliberate though. He very rarely gives any information away of any value at all. Hes very into sports psychology, belives in maximising every advantage over opposition, including that of surprise. I dont know why you guys are so upset about the "if they can keep up with us" comment. He inherited a team lacking in confidence and had set out his stall to win the division. His comment was for his own players consumption, not yours. He was full of praise for Brighton at seasons end.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I always had a feeling that Southampton would do alright in this league. OK, so they are - but so are we!

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Kevo and Looney are spot on. The self-appointed 'biggest club on the south coast' averaged less than 15,000 at home for at least half a dozen seasons in the top flight not so long ago. Truly pathetic by any reckoning.

simpleton

Apr 23, 2011
Kevo and Looney are spot on. The self-appointed 'biggest club on the south coast' averaged less than 15,000 at home for at least half a dozen seasons in the top flight not so long ago. Truly pathetic by any reckoning.

Lolz. What you mean at the 15,140 capacity Dell? 98% capacity average attendance, truly pathetic by any reckoning.......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
please just get it into your heads that we are the biggest (by far), and best club on the South Coast at this current moment in time.

Can you keep up?

What can I say? :lolol:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Can you keep up?

The worrying thing is, if you keep winning, ARSENAL will probably come in for ADKINS when they get rid of Wenger. Because of your fluid passing football.
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Just seen the goals on BBC. Utterly PITIFUL defending by Ipswich. Never seen such a gormless lead-in-their-boots display. The result clearly flatters Southampton. They're not all that.

Your signature is quite clearly very apt. It is quite obvious you don't know anything. The fact we scored five was down to their poor defending, not the movement of our front four tearing them a new one.

BBC Sport - Ipswich 2-5 Southampton

The first two were good passing and moving, 1/2 touch around the box that they couldn't keep up with. The third they should have done better with, but you can say that about their second as well. The 4th from Lallana was a bit special, the ball from schneiderlin was exquisite and I doubt there will be a better pass in this league all season. If we don't go up, he's gone. The 5th was another good throughball and finish. Can't take anything away from us, we played bloody well against a team that is supposed to be challenging for promoton.

Also saw we've now been made 2nd favourites for the title behind West Ham now.

Championship Winner Betting Odds | Football Betting

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Such a shame we conceded that penalty yesterday. A clean sheet really would have been the icing on the cake and put us only one goal behind SCC.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Lolz. What you mean at the 15,140 capacity Dell? 98% capacity average attendance, truly pathetic by any reckoning.......

The very fact that you had such a tiny stadium shows you have never been a big club. Your solitary f.a.cup success final success confirms this - even Pompey have four major trophy wins.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The very fact that you had such a tiny stadium shows you have never been a big club. Your solitary f.a.cup success final success confirms this - even Pompey have four major trophy wins.

Are you 15? We haven't always had a tiny stadium, that has obviously escaped your blinkered attention :rolleyes:

Most Albion fans don't think we are a big club, unlike your fans who seem to think you belong at the top level. In a years time we will probably have a 30k stadium so like it or not we WILL be as big as you....start getting used to it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Self appointed? Lets not pretend they aren't the biggest team in the south, because they are. 27 years unbroken in the top division, an FA Cup win, a cup final appearance and some semis, finished 2nd in the league in the 80s, European campains and have employed some proper England internationals. They now have a stadium holding 32,000, got 3 crowds over 28,000 last season in league one where they averaged more than our ground (or Portsmouth's) even currently hold. They've had maybe two seasons in 20 seasons where gates were both shit and well under capactity, and that was because Ian Branfoot was a clown. And what club hasn't had a season or two of underwhelming attendances in that time?

Since 1950, Portsmouth have been a nothing club by comparison. One cup win and another cup final appearance, all paid for by cheating. They are much more like us than Southampton, and now heading in the wrong direction with their tiny shit squad and ramshackle ground that only holds 20,000. It'll be their turn to play "derbies" with Bournemouth soon.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Come on lads, give SCC some credit they've done well so far. And I fully expected them to do so this year with the players (not convinced on the manager though). Now we're back in the lg with the scum and SCC have Pompey to argue with I assumed we'd not really cross paths again (apart from a little more champions gloating at our 2 games this yr). It has gone completely Saints quiet on here - I think it's better that way no?

[MENTION=17609]Alex[/MENTION] - You've done no favours for this with your arrogant post tho...

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011
fantastic away win at Cardiff last night. Both teams, and Peterborough to a smaller extent, are showing that a winning mentality is often more beneficial that 'big name' players and ex premier league players.

well done

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Personally I'm glad Saints are leading the way, two reasons:

It takes the heat off us and spreads the discontent among the established 'big' teams in this division

It adds more fire to what is already turning into a massive rivalry, the very lifeblood of football, especially as Pompey and the Nigels are looking bobbins this year

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Are you 15? We haven't always had a tiny stadium, that has obviously escaped your blinkered attention :rolleyes:

Most Albion fans don't think we are a big club, unlike your fans who seem to think you belong at the top level. In a years time we will probably have a 30k stadium so like it or not we WILL be as big as you....start getting used to it.

I was referring to Southampton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here