Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scumhampton on fire

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Southampton are a powerful side. The form they were on towards the end of the season showed how strong they are. It also shows how well we did to stay ahead of them in the league.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Will be a good result for you.

What's the Saints' fans view on Lee Barnard's future at St Mary's? I see his legal team have got the trial has moved to Salisbury sometime in October because "he may not get a fair trial in Southampton" - what's that all about?
Is he injured atm or just not selected tonight?

With Connoly on form you have to fear for him, but then again Conolly is injury prone. If we get another striker then Barnie could be on his way,

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Adkins' head will explode it is getting so big, he must think this coaching lark is easy. Credit to the team for getting the result.

Meanwhile oh dear poor tractor boys.

Credit to the team yes, but it is not aidkins team , it is Pardews.aidkins is not and never will be a successfull manager

With Connoly on form you have to fear for him, but then again Conolly is injury prone. If we get another striker then Barnie could be on his way,

Thanks, I was wondering whether a view had filtered down to the StM Cognoscenti that the management are expecting him to be "unavailable" for selection for a while after the trial.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A remarkable refusal to give credit to a manager who is clearly doing a very good job.

What is wrong with you people? There are a majority of positive posts towards your club and all you can do is bitch... are you born that way or is it beaten into you by your Waynetta's?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Credit to the team yes, but it is not aidkins team , it is Pardews.aidkins is not and never will be a successfull manager

Well, two promotions in two seasons would make him a very successful manager. If Gus achieves that for us, we'd be in no doubt he would be considered successful!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I bloody hate Southampton. I only dislike Palace more.

However, credit where it's due; they have had a storming start to this season, and are looking very strong. Here's hoping it doesn't last!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Someone should dig up the "Southampton will be champions" thread from a year ago and see how many of the tools posting in this were posting in that one. If you all love them so much why dont you all just f*** of to st Marys.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I bloody hate Southampton. I only dislike Palace more!

I think I actually dislike Southampton more than Palace. Stems from the absolutely shameless, unremittingly biased local TV coverage in the late 70s/early 80s. When we were having the most successful years in our history, we would barely warrant a mention on Southern/TVS (studios in Scumhampton, of course).

Virtually every night, in their sports section they'd have an interview with McMenemy and ten minutes on the 'Super Saints' while we'd be lumped in with Gillingham and Southend in the ten second round up at the end. And this is when we were actually higher than them in the league and were getting better attendences. And then of course there was that obsence 1978 stitch-up... How any Brighton fan can forgive them for that is beyond me.

Can't stand them and never will (and Adkins is a twat of the highest order!)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Someone should dig up the "Southampton will be champions" thread from a year ago and see how many of the tools posting in this were posting in that one. If you all love them so much why dont you all just f*** of to st Marys.

Think that's a bit strong chap. People are just showing appreciation for a team that are doing very well. Nothing too outrageous

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Think that's a bit strong chap. People are just showing appreciation for a team that are doing very well. Nothing too outrageous

No it isn't. Read Kevo's post. Also remember they were calling Brighton a one player team with a dodgy pitch when BZ was here even though he didn't get more than a third of the goals wereas you should check the stats on Scumhampton with Shearer etc at the Dell.

At the Dell they where getting similar crowds to Wimbledon and yet the media was calling Wimbledon escape artists for dodging the drop, even though Scum had a similar record but where treated as if they where a big club. I could go on but the truth is shit doesn't stick to them, in the media or otherwise.

They are the biggest Phoney "big club" ever. The dell held less than 20,000 the same as Plough lane.

Pffft fuckem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here