Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SCR Phone 03.01.05

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Even if it was STH only you might not get a ticket!! :rolleyes:

Why didn't QPR tickets go on general sale though? It was AMS and we were never gonna sell out.

Oct 5, 2003
"Which is why they're still trying to flog this years season tickets ? If 100 do not renew in February because of this then that is a £50k loss in the budget and we all know how much the club are strapped for cash so could they sustain such a loss ?"

Good point Ernest i trust you will be asking the Lap Dog this very question on the phone in?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
FG aka FOOTBALL GENIUS said:
"Which is why they're still trying to flog this years season tickets ? If 100 do not renew in February because of this then that is a £50k loss in the budget and we all know how much the club are strapped for cash so could they sustain such a loss ?"

Good point Ernest i trust you will be asking the Lap Dog this very question on the phone in?

As two become one you cannot both ring when you are the same person :dunce:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
FG aka FOOTBALL GENIUS said:

I very much doubt the Lap Dog will show up :angry: :angry: :angry:

Beach Hut said:
I believe Martin Perry is on the phone-in after the Watford game to discuss all your views on the Spurs ticket allocation.

Now all please form an orderly queue...............

Is there a word in the English language that will describe the true teeth-grinding embarrasment that this programme will surely descend into? I'm not even sure the NSP one of BINFEST will get even close.

With all these season ticket holders threatening not to renew, it is clear that the club's financial future depends on one thing.

Let's all sign a message of support for the Spurs players for next week.

With any luck they'll knock six past us and that will solve all these arguments over cup ticket allocation at a stroke.

Come on DEFOE! Shaft us good and hard CARRICK! KEEEEEANNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why was there no mention of those that paid into the Alive & Kicking fund also being allowed to apply ?

Conveniently forgotten I suppose.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I've listened tonight to a load of whingers. You would think it was the end of the world. Get a life STH. It's only a game and compared to what Asia has suffered the fact that you have not been sent a ticket for a football game pales into insignificance. Why not donate the money you would have paid for a ticket to the disaster fund. Whatever the Albion did they were not going to meet the demand. I'm a STH been watching Albion since 1950 and I have not got a ticket for the Spurs match but that's it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
kinkygerbil said:
I only heard the last 5-10 mins did anyone mention any future ideas to stop it happening again

Yes, the next round draw will be rigged so we draw Rochdale away and then there shouldn't be a problem

cdavis

May 14, 2004
I listened to Martin Perry this evening.........seriously unimpressed with his answers.......! I,m a STH.....I,ve got a ticket.......but know lots who didn,t. The club made a bad decision with their "policy". WE know it....Martin Perry knows it.......but doesn,t have the balls to admit it. He sounds exactly the same as a politician........lots of talk talk.....very little action........No wondered I,m concerned about Falmer.........promise, promise , promises.

kinkygerbil said:
I only heard the last 5-10 mins did anyone mention any future ideas to stop it happening again

Yes, Martin Perry said we should draw Rochdale away.

Oh well, I almost made it :lolol:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
As someone who is neither STH or AMS, I agree with MP, I think the club made the best of a difficult situation.

Why should a STH who never goes away be more important than those that travel the length and breath of the country? Everyone had a chance, you had to be quick, if you waited a couple of days you missed out. Who's fault is that?

Get over it and listen on SCR with the rest of us who struggle to get tix for Withdean all bloody season.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I have to agree with Martin Perry on this one I'm afraid.

Lots of the people who are moaning wouldn't have given a shit if we had drawn a crap team.

But to those who did miss out who go to away games regularly I understand why you are pissed off. I have missed out on tickets in the past despite travelling to away game (including the shite ones like Macclesfield and Mansfield!)

But as it stands with limited staff in the ticket office this is the best system we can offer.

All those who missed out on Spurs should make the trip to Sheffield United the following week! It's only £10 and the result will actually mean something come the end of the season!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Martin Perry was AWESOME today - specially those exhasperated little tuts he kept doing under his breath. That was seriously winding some of the callers up, which made for some top radio. I also liked the way Harty kept butting in, right in the middle of when Perry was trying to say something, to tell the listener to "turn the radio down". The "geiger counter" quip went straight over that womans head as well.

All in all, most people who were involved in that phone-in went away either angry, irritated, or at the very least mildly annoyed. Most were all three, and that can only be a good thing.

Marvellous entertainment - beats the "isn't John Byrne good looking" calls into a tin hat. Just a shame I'll be missing next weeks.

:thumbsup:

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I agree with MP

Some people cannot afford a season ticket or have to work 2 or 3 weekends a month and can therfore only do away games.
If all of these STH went all the time then we'd see this problem repeat but they don't.
There were 1000 untaken tickets for a london game on Saturday, why didn't all of the people that got turned down for the spurs game go to that one???
Everyone knows that AMS get the same priority for away games
STH get priority for home games the AMS members wouldn't be whinging if it was home.
If everyone applied straight away they would have got a ticket.
I did and got a ticket.
Sorry to be posting like this but STH think they have a devine right to be 1st for everything, this isn't the case.
Everyone has the right to watch our beloved stripes.

Await a mauling!!!

:glare: :glare: :glare:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Well, the callers on the phone in seemed to confirm that those who weren't too quick about getting their applications in didn't get tickets; this makes me more glad that I made the effort to post the application in first class and make sure it was collected by Royal Mail on the day of the announcement.

I will reiterate my opinion that the only thing I expect as a season ticket holder is a discounted guaranteed seat at Withdean with first dibs on my seat for home cup matches. It is a HOME season ticket, not an away one!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here