Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SCR Phone 03.01.05

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO STH should have 48 hrs to claim a ticket and then the tickets go on general sale. AMS means absolutely nothing other than the fact that at sometime in the last 7 years or whatever time you have given BHA £10 for them to record your details and put you ona list of possible away supporters.

I buy a season ticket because I want to go to as manyn games as my circumstances and work allow, if I cannot go one of my sons uses the ticket. This does not make me wealthy or indeed other STH wealthy as the price ofa season ticket can be spread over as many months as wanted witha credit card and by paying the same amount off of the card as you would pay at the gate you reduce the balance asnd also watch the games. What is the problem with that?

Away fans contribute absolutly nothing to this club (except in FA Cup where the gate money is split). My daughter in law who has never been to a game in her life contibutes more by buying goods from the shop for her husband and son than a large number of away supporters, not all granted.

As usual MP waffled and tried to b......t his way through the radio phone in but failed miserably to impress many listeners I would think.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
I'm still not convinced by the 15,000 arguement. There are not even 6,000 STH all of these are AMS. Of that 5,000 odd not all will or can go to Spurs. Of the other 9,000 AMS how many have been to even half of the away games this season. Let alone previous seasons. Why can't the club use the information they have to hand to identify the Hard core Away supporters. This would include those that travel wherever they can because they live too far away from Brighton to go to home games.

How many more than 6,500 would this be? As faer as i can see there are 3 issues. 1. Why aren't the club more organised to identify these people. 2. People shopuld have not dithered if they really wanted a ticket. 3. It is the fair weather supporters that are p1ssin people off not STH or AMS per se. Although the club appreciated these saturday shoppers it is those who go to watch the Albion on a regular basis (home or away) that they should be showing loyalty to.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
The AMS needs to be looked at agin by the club. It is unfair that someone who may of paid £10 3 or 4 years ago to see one away match is on the same level as a fully paid up season ticket holder. AMS should be renewed each season to keep the numbers down and raise a bit more dosh for the club.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Superseagull said:
The AMS needs to be looked at agin by the club. It is unfair that someone who may of paid £10 3 or 4 years ago to see one away match is on the same level as a fully paid up season ticket holder. AMS should be renewed each season to keep the numbers down and raise a bit more dosh for the club.

Exactly. That money could be set aside for the club to use to purchase tickets and help us get the size allocation we need. Other clubs do it so why don't we?

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Cant be bothered to read all of the posts in this thread (and numerous others) so apologies if someone has already suggested this.

Plenty of other clubs have a points system so certain games that you attend award you a number of points. So a less attractive fixture far away would get you more points than a plum tie nearer Brighton (or wherever you live). So when a fixture comes along with more demand than supply those with more points would get first choice of tickets as a kind of reward for all those long journeys to pikey filled northern shiteholes!

Being a season ticket holder should have no bearing for away matches, you get slightly reduced tickets for all HOME league games, a cup game and a snazzy diary! And you are safe in the knowledge that when the big home games come around you will be guarenteed to have a ticket.

This might even have the effect of boosting away numbers. Awaits abuse. :rolleyes:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Saint Lennard said:

How many more than 6,500 would this be? As faer as i can see there are 3 issues. 1. Why aren't the club more organised to identify these people. 2. People shopuld have not dithered if they really wanted a ticket. 3. It is the fair weather supporters that are p1ssin people off not STH or AMS per se. Although the club appreciated these saturday shoppers it is those who go to watch the Albion on a regular basis (home or away) that they should be showing loyalty to.

Issue 1 I couldn't agree more with. Issue 2 is where I have cause for concern. What if everyone takes your advice and does not dither next time and 6,000 applications are on the doormat of the ticket office with only 4000 tickets - What happens then? Another example of the absurdity of the current system.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Season Ticket holders snapped up most of the Hereford away tickets (rightly so) and I missed out on the general sale, BUT I obtained a ticket for the home end. Not ideal but I wasnt going to miss the (arguably) most important match in our history.

I wasn't a STH in 97, but had followed the Albion long enough to know this club will play with your emotions until the very very end. And then a bit more (Falmer, cup final extra time are just 2 more examples) If you have't learnt that (even in recent seasons - Swindon play offs) then you're pretty dim. Hence why (I seem to remember) I snapped a Hereford ticket up the day the initial 1900 went on sale with approximately 6 games still to go and the Albion still odds on favourites to go down (and bust). There were still plenty more for at least a week for that initial allocation, about the same being released to us as the results pointed towards that epic finale. But people want there cake and to eat it often and many disappointed fans should have put there hand in their pocket a lot earlier instead of waiting to see how it went.

It constantly amazes me how people bleet on about being hard done by, the Spurs tickets just the latest. If you don't get one it's usually because you've not tried hard or been quick enough. I live outside Sussex these days and still got one for me and my father in law - why because I'm organised and speak to friends / ask them favours. And if I don't? I listen to it on the radio....revolutionary stuff eh?

Now give the club, MP, DK etc a break and buy 6 copies of Tom Hark instead which is about the Spurs ticket prices. And here's to a last minute winner going in off Ledley Kings arse to send the travelling Albion hoardes into orbit!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Lord Bracknell said:
As I posted on another thread:-

What pissed me off about the phone-in was Ian Hart's claim to be "speaking for the fans" when he made it clear that he was backing those who were arguing for season ticket holders to get priority ("You must agree, Martin, they are the Club's life blood").

When NSC was polled on ticket priority for away games, by far the LARGEST number of votes went to first-come-first-served.

SECOND highest number of votes was for priority to go to people who went to most away games.

Priority for season ticket holders came THIRD, with only 20 per cent supporting that.

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38258

So, no Harty, you don't speak for the fans on this issue.
I beg to differ, I dont think NSC is representitive of the majority of the fans either!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
chicken run said:
I beg to differ, I dont think NSC is representitive of the majority of the fans either!

True. Active NSC users are on-line so should be fairly on the ball when tickets come out.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Time for me to be controversial. I don't have a season ticket and have never paid £10 to be an away member yet still got my ticket for the Spurs game.

Do I feel guilty? No, because I have missed numerous games in the past because of failing to get my arse in gear. I was organised this time and it paid off.

I haven't paid to be an away member as I had a season ticket for five years and apparently that still counts for something. Childcare and finance dictated that I couldn't buy a season ticket this season but I still go to a game a month. Keeping me sweet is obviously important to the club as when they have a 23000 capacity stadium at Falmer they will need as many people to be interested in the club as possible. That means making away tickets available to not just season ticket holders (who are a closed shop) but other fans who for whatever reason may not have a season ticket now, but may purchase one in the future. I think they should persist with the current system. If people are that bothered about away games go to Sheff Utd or Cardiff in a few weeks time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here