SCR Phone 03.01.05

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Easy 10 said:
Do'h :dunce:

48 day, 48 hour, whatever. Good job I'm not in charge of the ticket office.

Too right, you would no doubt give ticket priority to DWARVES :angry: :angry: :angry: (which would delight Guppy no doubt)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
STH's can go f*** themselves if they think they deserved some kind of priority fo this AWAY game. Well done on being able to buy a ST every season and contributing to the budget but if we had drawn Spurs at home and it was the first cup game of the season you lot would have got in for NOTHING. This is the advantage you hold over the rest of us as far as the cup goes. Quit f***ing moaning and dno't re aply for a ST if you are unhappy.

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
This is the system we use to elect our politicians,1st past the post and the only thing that came out of the phone in is that everyone now knows how it works.which means get yourselves sorted early and keep an eye on the official site.
but if we had got millwall away then there would have been no problem at all,funny as it was very quiet at lincoln away last year?

I for one am getting sick of being told, ala Perry, that the majority of those Season Ticket Holders that reguarly attend away games did get a ticket, it was those not used to the system that didn't. What a load of bollocks. Most people I know without tickets, are the ones I see week in week out at away games.

I have a season ticket, I go to most away games and I don't have a Spurs ticket. I'm gutted, but contrary to many people's opinions, I feel I have every right to be pissed off about it. It won't change anything, but I can't force myself to grin and bear it, because I REALLY want to go.

As I posted on another thread:-

What pissed me off about the phone-in was Ian Hart's claim to be "speaking for the fans" when he made it clear that he was backing those who were arguing for season ticket holders to get priority ("You must agree, Martin, they are the Club's life blood").

When NSC was polled on ticket priority for away games, by far the LARGEST number of votes went to first-come-first-served.

SECOND highest number of votes was for priority to go to people who went to most away games.

Priority for season ticket holders came THIRD, with only 20 per cent supporting that.

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38258

So, no Harty, you don't speak for the fans on this issue.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Soton Seagull said:
It won't change anything, but I can't force myself to grin and bear it, because I REALLY want to go.

I think what you should have done is written " I REALLY want to go" in the top left hand corner of the envelope, and that would have given you priority. :wave:

Nah, the only way to get that extra special priority is to know someone that knows someone, as I am aware of in a couple of cases.

Maybe if I'd have written - I know a secret about you and will tell the papers (incidentally I don't), I'd have got the nod.

Never mind, I might go and support Saints now as they've gone and signed that loevely Redknapp lad!:shootself

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Soton Seagull said:
Nah, the only way to get that extra special priority is to know someone that knows someone, as I am aware of in a couple of cases.

Maybe if I'd have written - I know a secret about you and will tell the papers (incidentally I don't), I'd have got the nod.

Never mind, I might go and support Saints now as they've gone and signed that loevely Redknapp lad!:shootself

Just bung the folks at the shop a wad at Christmas and they makes sure that somehow your post arrives before everyone else's. Funny that eh?

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
Soton Seagull said:

Hands off he's mine

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Saint Lennard said:
Just bung the folks at the shop a wad at Christmas and they makes sure that somehow your post arrives before everyone else's. Funny that eh?

You prepared to back that allegation up?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Saint Lennard said:

Do you have any evidence of this?

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
wealthy away fans my arse! why would any of the regular away fans look down their noses at the club? see the club struggle financially!! yeah thats right, we all want that dont we - fool!!! withdean is without doubt in no way similar to the mill stad other than the fact there is a football pitch in the middle!

as for turning up at falmer - mmmmm let me think on that one!!!!

as for mr hart - he openly admitted to be worthing utd through and through on a phone in last week, i have seen him at games wearing a worthing woolly hat for god sake! so why the **** is he so bloody bothered!!

i guarantee that if STH had been given first dib at these tickets many, many more regular away fans would have missed out. how would that have been fair.

i am so looking forward to beating spurs and getting a home draw against a big club or even a replay, just to see the nonsense that comes out over how every one has been treated regarding tickets!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
dave the gaffer said:

Gone very quiet on the allegation front then?

What is it with people who are prepared to make outragous statements and then when questioned, they dissapear?

If you cannot back that serious allegation up then you should either apologise or face a ban from this board

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
dave the gaffer said:
If you cannot back that serious allegation up then you should either apologise or face a ban from this board

Bet he's really cacking his pants at the thought of that ! :nono:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
dave the gaffer said:

I apologise for my sarcastic outburst at someone who would even think of watchin Soton whilst claiming to be an Albion supporter.

Anyway, what would be wrong with recognition for the excellent service the shop provide. I think its quite refreshing that someone appreciates them anmd shows them some respect for the job they do. They seem to be the ones that have got the rough end of all this (although i still think a database would help them). Seems to me they dealt with the Spurs fiasco ok. The clear evidence from MPs phone in was that people didn't get their finger out a get down the shop or post by special delivery.
You misread my sarcasm about the post arriving. It seemed to me that people yesterday were blaming the Ticket office for the fact that Royal Mail are unreliable ..... or should i say crap. Please don't ask me to back that allegation up!!!!:lolol:

The lesson learnt from this surely is that if you want a ticket that badly you won't wait for anything and you it is in your own hands to ensure the post gets their on time...... don't get me goin about Mr Postie again.....:angry:

"For the club to try to administer and prioritise according to who has been to what away game in the past is almost an impossibility."

Rubbish

If they had even a quarter decent system in the ticket shop they can keep track of who buys tickets for away games. Clubs are required to keep this information by the League

How many away games have not been "tickets available in advance" this season............. .

The only problem here of course would be not recording those who pay on the gate, but that's cash for you.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"I apologise for my sarcastic outburst at someone who would even think of watchin Soton whilst claiming to be an Albion supporter."

who you referring to? I trust its not me

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
woodster said:
i guarantee that if STH had been given first dib at these tickets many, many more regular away fans would have missed out. how would that have been fair.

Let me tell you about fair.....

Joe Bloggs. Joined the AMS last May just so he can go to Cardiff. It is the only Brighton match he has ever been to in his life.

Pasty. Sesaon ticket holder since we have been at Withdean. Season ticket holder at Gillingham. Supporter for 31 years.

Joe Bloggs gets Spurs ticket. Pasty doesn't. Fair ?? BOLLOCKS !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here