Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SCR Phone 03.01.05

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As a STH, I also have sexual rights to dwarves on their birthdays.

albionman

May 22, 2004
Sayers Common
"Why should a STH who never goes away be more important than those that travel the length and breath (sic) of the country?

Whilst away supporters are great and should be valued, they contribute precisely £0 to the finances of the Albion for each away game they attend. In the current economic climate at the club I would have thought they wouldn't want to risk alienating the people who give them a regular income.

"Lots of the people who are moaning wouldn't have given a shit if we had drawn a crap team."

I presume that argument applies to non STH's as well. STH doesn't equal glory hunter. Rather the reverse. And I wonder how many of the alleged 15,000 away members have actually been away this season (or last) - excluding Cardiff of course.

"Get over it and listen on SCR with the rest of us who struggle to get tix for Withdean all bloody season"

I'm sure the club would be more than willing to sell you a season ticket for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Easy 10 said:

That is the precise reason why Ernest purchases one year in year out :lolol: :lolol:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
albionman said:

"Lots of the people who are moaning wouldn't have given a shit if we had drawn a crap team."

I presume that argument applies to non STH's as well. STH doesn't equal glory hunter. Rather the reverse. And I wonder how many of the alleged 15,000 away members have actually been away this season or last (excluding Cardiff of course)

I don't think anyone would call a season ticket a glory hunter but people who go to away games regularly put a lot of effort in supporting the Albion and deserve an equal chance for the big games. It's not just about how much money the club get from them. The people who go to away games every week would have gone to Rochdale if we had drawn them and about 90% of season ticket holders who don't go to games often wouldn't of!

To exclude these people from a big game like Spurs isn't fair.

And this bullshit about "What does a season ticket get me then?"

At no point did anyone say a season ticket gives you anything but 24 home games at the Withdean at a reduced price to that of people who buy ticket by ticket.

Last edited:

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
I am willing to offer any STH who wants one my description of watching the Albion in the FA Cup away to Lincoln last season, and I won't even charge them £37 for the privelege.

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
Easy 10 said:

But remember, Dwarves, like the Queen, have two birthdays each year

Yoda

English & European
Beach Hut said:
Why was there no mention of those that paid into the Alive & Kicking fund also being allowed to apply?

Conveniently forgotten I suppose.

In that case why were only the litter collectors, who get paid, allowed to apply and St. John members, who don't AND give up their spare time to give us the first aid cover we need for the games to go ahead, not?

FFS. I'm a STH and I stand firm with the club over the current ticket arrangements.

As I said before Christmas "I f***ing loath the day we got to Cardiff!!!! We never had this constant whinging about tickets before we got to The Millennium Stadium!!!"

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Which ever way the allocation had been made, you would still have hundreds of angry fans without tickets.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
albionman said:

I'm sure the club would be more than willing to sell you a season ticket for the rest of the season.

I would love a season ticket for the rest of the season, unfortunately if I did get one I would be paying for the privilige of blocking a seat and preventing another supporter from getting a ticket. If I could go to every game I would have bought a season ticket at the start of the season. Some of us have to work on match days.

I'll be lucky if I can get to half a dozen games this year. I had a season ticket at the Goldstone for 5 years and would love one again, unfortunately circumstances change, that's life.

Kev the Ape

MP was bloody brillant keeping his cool under pressure. I am a STH with my mum and dad unfortunately we couldnt afford a ticket to go to Spurs but i aint complaining. I go to every single away game but we have missed QPR, Millwall and Wolves but we couldnt afford it by then and then top that all of we have Spurs in the Fa cup, i knew we couldnt afford a ticket. But my away game come back is Sheff Utd. :clap2:

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
people who travel away to the majority of games in a season will spend as much or even more on doing so then someone who is a season ticket holder at withdean. obviously the money doesnt go to the club as the money is spent on ticket, travel and refreshments.

so why the hell should these fans be asked to apply after season ticket holders if the game is away - which is the case with spurs. why should supporters who go to the likes of cheltenham, exeter, torquay, rotherham, wigan etc, etc expect to miss out on a plum cup draw at somewhere like white hart lane.

without season ticket holders there is no doubt any football club would struggle. but it is only home games. there was no fair way of doing it because demand was always going to outstrip availability for this game. first come, first served (if that is how it worked out) meant that everyone had an equal chance of getting a ticket.

i personally have been in the AMS since it started up, during this time i have NEVER missed out on a ticket when it looked like there was going to be high demand. WHY? because i get my arse down the shop and post my application as soon as i can through the door. yes i live in brighton, but get organised people!

remember the play off final in cardiff - if you got in the line early you got the ticket you wanted. remember the cup final replay at wembley (R.I.P) - if you got there early you didnt miss out.

if you are late - YOU MISS THE F@@@ING BUS.

rant over.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
woodster said:
people who travel away to the majority of games in a season will spend as much or even more on doing so then someone who is a season ticket holder at withdean. obviously the money doesnt go to the club as the money is spent on ticket, travel and refreshments.

so why the hell should these fans be asked to apply after season ticket holders if the game is away - which is the case with spurs. why should supporters who go to the likes of cheltenham, exeter, torquay, rotherham, wigan etc, etc expect to miss out on a plum cup draw at somewhere like white hart lane.

without season ticket holders there is no doubt any football club would struggle. but it is only home games. there was no fair way of doing it because demand was always going to outstrip availability for this game. first come, first served (if that is how it worked out) meant that everyone had an equal chance of getting a ticket.

i personally have been in the AMS since it started up, during this time i have NEVER missed out on a ticket when it looked like there was going to be high demand. WHY? because i get my arse down the shop and post my application as soon as i can through the door. yes i live in brighton, but get organised people!

remember the play off final in cardiff - if you got in the line early you got the ticket you wanted. remember the cup final replay at wembley (R.I.P) - if you got there early you didnt miss out.

if you are late - YOU MISS THE F@@@ING BUS.

rant over.
So why don't these wealthy away supporters put their money into the club? They would rather continue to see us struggle financially! You make watching at withdean sound as if its at the millenium stadium. Premiership prices for Ryman League conditions. It seems to me that it is the Away supporters that are those who look down their nose at what the club is trying to provide. I wonder if they will show up at Falmer?

And what about the STH who go to most away games don't they deserve some sort of loyalty.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
woodster said:
why should supporters who go to the likes of cheltenham, exeter, torquay, rotherham, wigan etc, etc expect to miss out on a plum cup draw at somewhere like white hart lane
Of course these supporters shouldn't miss out, but like it or not, without a season ticket, those fans who regularly travel to all the shitholes are administratively "lumped in" with the occasional fan who paid a tenner three years ago and who only bother with the big games.

For the club to try to administer and prioritise according to who has been to what away game in the past is almost an impossibility.

MOST season ticket holders who got their arses into gear will have got a ticket, but there's always a "lottery" element to this kind of game when demand far outstrips supply. As it happens, I think a 48 day window for season ticket holders to claim a ticket for WHL would have been fairer, then AMS members for a week, then general sale for any still left.

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
Easy 10 said:
As it happens, I think a 48 day window for season ticket holders to claim a ticket for WHL would have been fairer, then AMS members for a week, then general sale for any still left.

Do you mean day or hour? I was straight 48 days ago, a lot can happen in that time you know.

I agree with you but even so the crap Christmas post (all the fault of DK of course) would have meant that some STH would still have missed out.

I am amazed they were so quiet about this for last season at Lincoln though..........

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do'h :dunce:

48 day, 48 hour, whatever. Good job I'm not in charge of the ticket office.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here