Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Savage "in tears" [Merged]

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The players had better learn quickly that they can only influence a manager's position. If they f*** with DK, then the only losers will be themselves. The Chairmen wins. Everytime.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The players had better learn quickly that they can only influence a manager's position. If they f*** with DK, then the only losers will be themselves. The Chairmen wins. Everytime.

If you class the chairman "winning" as forcing players out of the club then you are quite right.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I think this is a BAD move by Dick. I understand that the club's press people occasionally have to stop him chucking his toys out of the pram... and they've failed to do this here.

Now, I do suspect that ever since the Turienzo days, agents have seen our club as a bit of a soft target. Not sure why, but they have. My theory is that Dick has been getting increasingly pissed off with players' agents making silly demands, and has finally blown his top. Because Bas is next in line for a contract renewal, he is the one who has copped the abuse.

There's nothing to suggest that Dick and Dean Wilkins don't have a good relationship; and there's very little to suggest that Dean Wilkins commands anything other than complete respect in the dressing room.

But if there's going to be a Dick v the Players fight kicking off, Deano is going to be in the middle of it.

I predict this is going to get worse before it gets better.

Have to agree with that. The fact Knight is saying that Savage cannot play on Saturday if he does not sign is admirable to an extent, but could be seen by Wilkins as the chairman dictating team selection.

Jul 20, 2003
By the looks of things that's that

shame

For Bas' sake I hope it's a 'file under 'Iwelumo' ' and not file under 'Zeke Rowe'

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
bas has done alright for us,left us all with some great memories but he aint nothing special and who knows maybe wendy can find someone slightly more prolific?

from what dick says looks like he has been a greedy bastard ! !

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
At his height he should have caused alot more damage with his head, but in all fairness he couldnt head a ball to save his life! also he can not stay on his feet in a tackle, falls over everytime, if it was not for his moonwalk and soccer am he would not be as popular as he is now, in my opinion.

Also as others have said in differant threads to do with this, he wants to have a chat with one or two other players who thought they were bigger than the club, I don't think any of them have ended up any better off.

I for one don't think he will be that missed at all.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
18 months is a good deal imo. If that is his attitude, then good riddance.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Would like to know what the rest of the tream thinks about this but this is worse than the 'Bertin' incident. Bertin never behaved like this! Bas really has shot himself in the foot here and I don't think that he is as important to us as Bertin was.

However if it all comes out that Dick is covering his dirty feet here then all hell could break loose..... not sure he should be making such pronouncements in the press. as is doing more harm than good.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Dick seems to have overseen the fact that whilst Bas was not a top drawer gifted player, he may have got a few fans in purely for his entertainment value coupled with a lesser degree of skill

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Dick seems to have overseen the fact that whilst Bas was not a top drawer gifted player, he may have got a few fans in purely for his entertainment value coupled with a lesser degree of skill

If we replace Bas with another striker who scores more goals and we are up the top of the league even more fans will come in. Are you actually saying that Dick Knight should give Bas what he wants to get a few more fans in?

Bas was great entertainment value but he was not a great player and is definitely not irreplaceable. I think that the real loser here will be Bas and he will end up in a team below us being paid less than we offered him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here