Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sandoza

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
My god, it never ceases to amaze me how people see things so differently.
He is absolutely deadly from 2 yards! Other than that, I'm sorry but he is f***ing useless and a waste of wage bill IMHO

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
He is absolutely deadly from 2 yards! Other than that, I'm sorry but he is f***ing useless and a waste of wage bill IMHO

So 45 minutes is enough time for you to come to that conclusion is it?

PalG

Nov 22, 2010
Oh shut up people, He's a good player, he gets into the right positions and creates him self an opening. He saved us from going out the cup so cut him some slack.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So 45 minutes is enough time for you to come to that conclusion is it?
45 mins today, brief appearance at Plymouth, Brentford game, Tranmere as well by all accounts. He doesn't look a player at all.
To be fair to him at least someone wasn't just joining a long straight line acorss the penalty area though, he may be shit but at least he was trying to make something happen.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

So what do you think of Barnes?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I agree with the half full bro's on this one, and from what I saw, he looked good. He's bloody rusty for sure, but he was in the right place at the right time... twice. Should have taken the pen, as he clearly wanted... it was his day... it was his destiny... see you in Manchester dudes.

Kosh

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
???
I can't work out which people are fishing, who are on a wind up, and who are just deluded.

He's clumsy, poor in the air, poor on the ground, can't run, doesn't have a touch and doesn't have any positional sense. It looks like someone has cloned ME and started playing it up front. Absolutely incredible, dreadful performance. Murray would have scored atleast 2 of the chances he fluffed. The only thing I'll say in Sandaza's favour is that he kept getting into the positions. And kept missing.

I've been lucky (?) enough to witness Sandaza 4 times now, and even accounting for his lack of match fitness and his lack of match sharpness, he doesn't have ANY of the attributes you need to even have a hope of being a good player at this, or any, level. Awful player.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
He was the only forward who looked like scoring, got into good positions and some of his efforts were more difficult than the tap ins that Murray and Barnes have missed recently and in this game. Some people expect a striker to score everytime they touch the ball.If they did this they would be in the Premiership not league 1. He SCORED has not played for weeks and did more than Barnes and Murray in the whole match after he came on. Why is it that all are Strikers are "GASH" after one game. Give him a chance given arun he will soon overtake Murray and Barnes in the goal charts.

FFF

Apr 3, 2010
If you see him running he’s not the quickest, but he’s not slow. He’s not absolutely magnificent technically, but he’s not the worst. He is not going to hold the ball too much and he is not going to be the prettiest or the spectacular one. He was born just to score goals.

I for one give Fran my full backing and support.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He was the only forward who looked like scoring, got into good positions and some of his efforts were more difficult than the tap ins that Murray and Barnes have missed recently and in this game. Some people expect a striker to score everytime they touch the ball.If they did this they would be in the Premiership not league 1. He SCORED has not played for weeks and did more than Barnes and Murray in the whole match after he came on. Why is it that all are Strikers are "GASH" after one game. Give him a chance given arun he will soon overtake Murray and Barnes in the goal charts.
Hmm, his two headers were good chances, that shot he also put over was a good chance. He gave the ball away most times he touched it (although as I said earlier he deserves some credit for actually trying rather than just joining the line of idiots). Apart from when he's unmarked four yards from goal he's looked pretty hopeless.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
I thought he done ok when he came on, put himself about, scored a goal, won the pen. I'd give him a decent run in the side, get some game time in to him and see what his all about!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
???
I can't work out which people are fishing, who are on a wind up, and who are just deluded.

He's clumsy, poor in the air, poor on the ground, can't run, doesn't have a touch and doesn't have any positional sense. It looks like someone has cloned ME and started playing it up front. Absolutely incredible, dreadful performance. Murray would have scored atleast 2 of the chances he fluffed. The only thing I'll say in Sandaza's favour is that he kept getting into the positions. And kept missing.

I've been lucky (?) enough to witness Sandaza 4 times now, and even accounting for his lack of match fitness and his lack of match sharpness, he doesn't have ANY of the attributes you need to even have a hope of being a good player at this, or any, level. Awful player.

Four games? Wow. Some of our scouts watch potential signings for more than four games. If you can ascertain how good a player is over four games, when unfit and missed pre-season, then I suggest you send your CV into the club. We can save some serious money here! Ninja for scouting!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Four games? Wow. Some of our scouts watch potential signings for more than four games. If you can ascertain how good a player is over four games, when unfit and missed pre-season, then I suggest you send your CV into the club. We can save some serious money here! Ninja for scouting!

Honestly Bof, he is not going to be the answer to our goalscoring problems. I'm with the elephant here, he was struggling badly.
IMO at least Barnes looks like he could be a footballer.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He might not be the answer to our goalscoring problems, but then again, he might be. He isn't fit and has just come back from an injury ruined month or so. To label him as poor from four games that involve him being unfit, heading towards injury and coming back from injury is ridiculous.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Righto, we shall see at the end of the season, However, the fact that he is on the park suggests that the manager feels he's ready & imo he needs to up his game a long way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here