Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sandoza

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Offered more there than Barnes has for about a month IMO, at the very very least deserves a run in the squad.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I thought he made some good runs and got into some good positions. Finishing was a bit shady but he hasn't played in ages and he did score in the end anyway.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I thought he made some good runs and got into some good positions. Finishing was a bit shady but he hasn't played in ages and he did score in the end anyway.

Jesus Christ you twonk. There is absolutely no need to be reasonable here. He is either the next Zamora or a donkey. Shame on you.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Completely impossible to judge his performance given the level of the opposition and the fact that for two thirds of his performance they were down to ten man. But within these boundaries he did average, and scored which is what he is there for.

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007
I reckon he looks decent, made some good runs in the box which is something that we have been missing. We haven't seen him fully fit yet but he has scored twice and won a penalty in less than 90 minutes of football. He's not gonna set the world alight but just maybe the player to bundle the ball into the net a few times this season. Give him a chance FFS!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Probably 1 more than Barnes then?

Barnes had a shot in the first half which the keeper easily saved then had that header which the keeper got to and then had a snap shot which the defender cleared off the line. Granted his hold up play etc was poor but as someone else said, he is a confidence player. Sandaza only had one shot on target and that was when the ball bobbled off his knee from two yards into the goal (not dissimilar to his first goal for the club). As for winning a penalty, I can't see in a million years that he did anything to win other than be clattered by their clumsy defender. It's hardly like the way Murray drew the foul against Bristol Rovers.

He was the only forward who looked like scoring, got into good positions and some of his efforts were more difficult than the tap ins that Murray and Barnes have missed recently and in this game. Some people expect a striker to score everytime they touch the ball.If they did this they would be in the Premiership not league 1. He SCORED has not played for weeks and did more than Barnes and Murray in the whole match after he came on. Why is it that all are Strikers are "GASH" after one game. Give him a chance given arun he will soon overtake Murray and Barnes in the goal charts.

Looked like scoring, you are having a laugh. None of his shots or headers on goal came close to threatening the keeper. The goal bobbled off his knee from two yards.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
???
I can't work out which people are fishing, who are on a wind up, and who are just deluded.

He's clumsy, poor in the air, poor on the ground, can't run, doesn't have a touch and doesn't have any positional sense. It looks like someone has cloned ME and started playing it up front. Absolutely incredible, dreadful performance. Murray would have scored atleast 2 of the chances he fluffed. The only thing I'll say in Sandaza's favour is that he kept getting into the positions. And kept missing.

I've been lucky (?) enough to witness Sandaza 4 times now, and even accounting for his lack of match fitness and his lack of match sharpness, he doesn't have ANY of the attributes you need to even have a hope of being a good player at this, or any, level. Awful player.

are you the poster who is always banging on smugly about "those who know about football" ? being in the right place at the right time is a pretty good instinct/attribute, wouldn't you think?!!!

Shifty89

Sep 29, 2007
Fran Sandaza:
photo_lrg.jpg

Tamsin Greig:
42908fran20large.jpg

Anybody else see this??

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
To be fair to him at least someone wasn't just joining a long straight line acorss the penalty area though, he may be shit but at least he was trying to make something happen.

This (and scoring) is the best that can be said of him today.

I'm still honestly trying to work out if Gus was telling the players to adopt that stupid line across the 18 yard box every time Bridcutt/Kishishev got the ball on the halfway line, because it was very Micky Adams-esque, something I would never expect from Gus. Unless he was really not that bothered about the match and thought FCUM would eventually make a silly mistake or run out of steam to let us score - because we didn't look like breaking them down. Which is a tad worrying.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Sandaza was the only plus point of the day. He looks like a proper striker, if he can stay fit he could well be the answer to our problems.

Yeah, he missed a few half chances today but he got into the positions and once the ring rust has gone he will be putting those chances away.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
hahahahahah are you tripping ?

He was absolutely f***ing Gash !!

two halves of football TWO GOALS
WHATS GASH ABOUT THAT?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I hope that he is in the right position for this to happen about 15 times more this season. I love to see 25 yd shot go in but these little 'bobbles' count just the same.

they used to moan about Fred Binney's goal just bobbling in and as you say mate they all count

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Some of these comments are bloody retarded. HE SCORED, keeping us in the tournament, he won the penalty, he got into positions, he worked his socks off...in his first game back from a long injury. Just shut the f*** up and sit down

You're such a tedious tosser..
No-one gives a f*** how amazing you think everything that has ever existed is.
Oh and Barnes is shit. Deal with it.
"Maaah but he's our top scorer and has loads of potential maaah"
He gets 5 clear opportunities per game, so he is bound to score a couple that hit his shinpads.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Barnes had a shot in the first half which the keeper easily saved then had that header which the keeper got to and then had a snap shot which the defender cleared off the line. Granted his hold up play etc was poor but as someone else said, he is a confidence player. Sandaza only had one shot on target and that was when the ball bobbled off his knee from two yards into the goal (not dissimilar to his first goal for the club). As for winning a penalty, I can't see in a million years that he did anything to win other than be clattered by their clumsy defender. It's hardly like the way Murray drew the foul against Bristol Rovers.

Looked like scoring, you are having a laugh. None of his shots or headers on goal came close to threatening the keeper. The goal bobbled off his knee from two yards.

Must have boots on his knee then. Quite clearly sidefooted in from where I sit. You conveniently forgot his shot that their defender miraculously turned over the bar. Some people just have it in for players when they make their first mistake and think they are crap from then on. If you can do better buy some boots and get a trial.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I thought Sandaza played well when he came on yesterday. Admittedly we were all over them but he got in the right positions and it was understandable that he was a bit rusty. It was the first time that I saw signs of why Gus brought him in. Definitely should be in the squad, but it seems he is now 4th choice.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Must have boots on his knee then. Quite clearly sidefooted in from where I sit. You conveniently forgot his shot that their defender miraculously turned over the bar. Some people just have it in for players when they make their first mistake and think they are crap from then on. If you can do better buy some boots and get a trial.
Hey, Mr Angry,
Goal clearly bounced off his knee, Barnes had the shot that the defender turned over the bar, Sandaza wouldn't have got that much power.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You're such a tedious tosser..
No-one gives a f*** how amazing you think everything that has ever existed is.
Oh and Barnes is shit. Deal with it.
"Maaah but he's our top scorer and has loads of potential maaah"
He gets 5 clear opportunities per game, so he is bound to score a couple that hit his shinpads.

Thank f*** somone has finally said that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here