Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sandoza

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
You're such a tedious tosser..
No-one gives a f*** how amazing you think everything that has ever existed is.
Oh and Barnes is shit. Deal with it.
"Maaah but he's our top scorer and has loads of potential maaah"
He gets 5 clear opportunities per game, so he is bound to score a couple that hit his shinpads.

...Much rather see the best in everything than the worst in all honesty. Not much of a life to just wander through it pointing out faults rather than focus on the best bits.

Because none of Barnes' goals have been class? I can think that most of his goals have been good, with the goal against Bristol Rovers last season and MK Dons this season.

A lot of the time he has come across some very good goalkeepers, pointing out Brill, and Brentford's keeper as examples. I think it tragic that some people will just call someone shit due to the fact he has a couple of poor games? Despite a lot of people thinking that Barnes has been very good this season, including Gus...

This was a topic on Sandaza anyway, and yesterday, Sandaza looked better than Barnes, as Barnes seemed to disappear. Must be said that is not like him, because against Southampton he was very good at tracking back etc.

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
I can see both sides of the argument about sandaza. Does he look clumsy on the ball? Yes. Does his first touch let him down? Based on yesterday, yes. Does he appear to be lacking in pace? Yes. However, despite this I truely believe that he is going to be our supersub. How many goal scoring chances did he get? 5 more than barnes, 4 more than Murray inthe same timescale. How many goals did he score? 1 more than both. He also won a penalty. I think that if people put his performance in perspective (lacking match fitness, probably only practiced one week, new to a team) rather than the short term outcome (he was shit today so he is shit. Period)

Don't get me wrong, both barnes and Murray have their strengths, and this is not a bash at them. But as people say, barnes is young and still learning whilst Murray is class or average. I think poyet knows that sandaza will score goals, and he even said "he is not pretty, but he scores goals or gets in the positions to score". All the guy needs is some match fit SSS and he will be a great asset to the team.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Hey, Mr Angry,
Goal clearly bounced off his knee, Barnes had the shot that the defender turned over the bar, Sandaza wouldn't have got that much power.
Yep Just seen highlights and I am wrong on both accounts. Think Sandaza will be ok though. Off to get myself some glasses

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
he was f***ing useless at finishing...couldnt finish his dinner

although did get in a few good positions to score....but didnt.....cos he is rather pony :(

Give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to lack of match fitness. Would sooner think that he is available to come on than some that we have at least nearly everytime he has come on as a sub he has scored irrespective of how.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
he was f***ing useless at finishing...couldnt finish his dinner

although did get in a few good positions to score....but didnt.....cos he is rather pony :(

Jesus wept what do you expect from a player who's played 80 minutes all season & only been back in full training since Tuesday?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
???

I guess positivity is a trait NSC is not very comfortable with.

It goes beyond positivity though, absolutely everything is incredibly amazingly incredible and awesome and nothing is ever wrong, it grates, very quickly.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
There's some very narrow minded idiots who post on here. Sandaza has just come back from a double hernia op and long lay off.

It seems he is as reverered at Dundee United as Zamora is here.

First one may look easy but if you see camera from behind goal it was a supurb finish against Celtic, second vid a bit blury but two goals at Ibrox and first was cracking strike.......

A striker who knows where the goal is and how to stick them away.......

Or was it just shit in your expert opinions?

[YT]tdgd6S_bozI[/YT]

[YT]E9gGoIteGlE[/YT]

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
You're such a tedious tosser..
No-one gives a f*** how amazing you think everything that has ever existed is.
Oh and Barnes is shit. Deal with it.
"Maaah but he's our top scorer and has loads of potential maaah"
He gets 5 clear opportunities per game, so he is bound to score a couple that hit his shinpads.

that is the most idiotic comment i've ever read on NSC, well done sir, you must be a total numbskull !!

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
It goes beyond positivity though, absolutely everything is incredibly amazingly incredible and awesome and nothing is ever wrong, it grates, very quickly.

I believe that I do point out some negatives that can be improved upon, but I don't go around calling everyone SHIT!! whenever something goes wrong. Yes, Barnes was not at the races yesterday, we were awful first half against SCC...I just prefer to focus on what good we can take...

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Thats the point missed 5 chances in 45 mins.HE was in the right place at the right time.I leave the rest to you.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Yes, you're right. I particularly liked his flick header at goal., when he was 6 yards left of the goal & decided to flick it left, towards the cornerflag. :lolol:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
???
I can't work out which people are fishing, who are on a wind up, and who are just deluded.

He's clumsy, poor in the air, poor on the ground, can't run, doesn't have a touch and doesn't have any positional sense. It looks like someone has cloned ME and started playing it up front. Absolutely incredible, dreadful performance. Murray would have scored atleast 2 of the chances he fluffed. The only thing I'll say in Sandaza's favour is that he kept getting into the positions. And kept missing.

I've been lucky (?) enough to witness Sandaza 4 times now, and even accounting for his lack of match fitness and his lack of match sharpness, he doesn't have ANY of the attributes you need to even have a hope of being a good player at this, or any, level. Awful player.

First you say he has no positional sense then you say that he kept getting into position. You can't have it both ways. I think the jury is out but as with Barnes and numerous past players/Managers some on here won't be satisfied until they have hounded him out of the club.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

Trouble is negativity has the same affect and there is plenty of that around on here. eg: Our leading scorer is crap because he has not put away every chance that has come his way this season.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
???
I can't work out which people are fishing, who are on a wind up, and who are just deluded.

He's clumsy, poor in the air, poor on the ground, can't run, doesn't have a touch and doesn't have any positional sense. It looks like someone has cloned ME and started playing it up front. Absolutely incredible, dreadful performance. Murray would have scored atleast 2 of the chances he fluffed. The only thing I'll say in Sandaza's favour is that he kept getting into the positions. And kept missing.

I've been lucky (?) enough to witness Sandaza 4 times now, and even accounting for his lack of match fitness and his lack of match sharpness, he doesn't have ANY of the attributes you need to even have a hope of being a good player at this, or any, level. Awful player.

You clearly can't see that getting into goal-scoring positions is half the battle. Before yesterday he showed little promise but yesterday he got into several great positions where a mixture of good defending and poor finishing saw him fail to add to his goal.

I'm not saying he's going to be our 20 goal-a-season man but I think he deserves a chance, from what we saw against FC United. After all, what we've been hearing is that his finishing is his strongest attribute. It is obvious that he is rusty and with more match practice his sharpness and confidence can only improve. It was a promising performance.

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
I wasnt very impressed with him yesterday - looked clumsy and didnt even get close on a couple of chances. However, would be fairer to judge him after a couple more games. At present would have Murray and Wood up front for league games and Sandaza as sub to give something different

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here