Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Samsung Galaxy S2 vs HTC One X vs Sony Xperia S

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
As I'm sure your all dieing to know, I've gone for the HTC One X. After deciding to leave Vodafone, they then called me up and offered me 600 mins, Unlimited texts and 1GB data for £24 p/m. Nice!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
My Contract on my iPhone 4 is up tomorrow and I have decided to move to an HTC ONE X. The missus has the HTC ONE S which is a great phone except that it only has 16Gb storage so I'm gonna go for its big brother the ONE X for the 32Gb storage.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
my one x should be delivered today . i was on vodafone but decided to leave as the coverage is crap in the village . gone with o2 300 minutes unlimited texts 500 mb date £27 p/m

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Got myself a Galaxy S2 a couple of weeks ago, 3 are doing a good deal for £25 a month (plus £29 up front) you get unlimited data, 500 mins and 5000 texts. It's quality, especially with ICS running on it.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
The new phone got delivered this morning, and f*** me, it's the shiz. Can't wait to get home and have a proper play!

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I'm due to replace my HTC Wildfire soon. Love Android, just the phone is a bit sluggish - but this is to be expected on an entry level phone. So this thread has been very helpful as I've been contemplating the S3 vs the HTC One X.

I do have a related query though - Android users, do you find that some applications constantly launch without you manually launching it? I find that Maps is regularly in my running applications that I have to force close, even though I've not used it. I don't have Latitude running, so no idea why it keeps happening.

That's the only downside that seems to let Android down (or at least this version), with the inability to properly 'close' an app. Using the home or back button on the phone to return to the main screen just keeps stuff running in the background.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
HTC One X. I've got the Sensation XL which is awesome, although a work chap has got the Xperia and it looks the bollocks

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
As I'm sure your all dieing to know, I've gone for the HTC One X. After deciding to leave Vodafone, they then called me up and offered me 600 mins, Unlimited texts and 1GB data for £24 p/m. Nice!

Seems a decent deal. And proof that you're better going with an Android device over an iPhone EVERY TIME. You'd NEVER get a deal like that with an iPhone 4S, and it's a lesser spec'd phone than the HTC you've got anyway.

It always pays to threaten your network with leaving and seeing what they offer you. The best deals will always be on ANDROID handsets

Good work.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
OK, genuine question for you Androids out there;

I used to have a HTC Hero, and am of the opinion that, other than my current iPhone, a HTC is probably the only other phone I would go for. Can one of you sell me on where I would enjoy the HTC more than my iPhone?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I used to have a HTC Hero, and am of the opinion that, other than my current iPhone, a HTC is probably the only other phone I would go for. Can one of you sell me on where I would enjoy the HTC more than my iPhone?

If you lost it, you wouldn't be as upset...

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

For me mainly, it's price. Iphone's are great of course, but my new deal is £24 p/m and the phone was free. I think you'd struggle to get a 4s on a deal like that.

The new OS (Ice cream Sandwich) is also very quick and as far as I can see has all the capability an Iphone does, except your not tied into Itunes.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea

It will cost you less money each month. It will cost you less money on apps. It is more powerful (if you're looking at the latest quad core HTC handsets.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It will cost you less money each month. It will cost you less money on apps. It is more powerful (if you're looking at the latest quad core HTC handsets.

Money = good, although obviously depends on whether I "enjoy" the phone as much, find it as useful etc
Less money on apps = I'm guessing you're saying that the EXACT same apps cost less money? Any more info on this?
More powerful = don't really care about specs, barring what they actually mean in terms of speed of phone etc

I have previously had an HTC. I found it less user friendly and more "messy" than my iPhone. Perhaps this has been improved?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For me mainly, it's price. Iphone's are great of course, but my new deal is £24 p/m and the phone was free. I think you'd struggle to get a 4s on a deal like that.

The new OS (Ice cream Sandwich) is also very quick and as far as I can see has all the capability an Iphone does, except your not tied into Itunes.

Fair and interesting points, the only one I diverge from you on is the fact I genuinely like iTunes.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

iPhones are all about integrating your digital life. Personally, if I didn't have a Mac, didn't use iTunes / iPhoto / iCloud etc. I doubt I'd bother either. It's this integrated approach that makes the iPhone work, and simply at that. Android is an open system and can be either brilliantly adapted by some manufacturers, or completely destroyed and awkward to use by others. I seriously think the term 'Android' phone is too loose, as each handset manufacturer is doing so much to the code to work with their hardware, that the OS's in some cases are almost completely different to such an extent some Android Apps are not working on all Android phones.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town

I have had iPhones since they started and I just fancy a change which is why I am going for the HTC ONE X, IT ticks all the boxes re functionality I have with my iPhone and adds some other stuff which I may or may not need but its simply the fact I am a little bored with my iphone.

Give me a week or so and I'll let you know my thoughts, When iPhone 5 comes out in probably October I may jump ship back depending on how I am getting on with the HTC.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have had iPhones since they started and I just fancy a change which is why I am going for the HTC ONE X, IT ticks all the boxes re functionality I have with my iPhone and adds some other stuff which I may or may not need but its simply the fact I am a little bored with my iphone.

Give me a week or so and I'll let you know my thoughts, When iPhone 5 comes out in probably October I may jump ship back depending on how I am getting on with the HTC.

Would be very interested in your thoughts as another long term iPhone user. I am due for upgrade in about 2 months.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Would be very interested in your thoughts as another long term iPhone user. I am due for upgrade in about 2 months.

As an alternative to upgrading, and there's been other threads on this, but I've been v pleased with having an unlocked handset (4S which I bought from Apple) and a giffgaff sim. No contracts, just £10 per month unlimited texts and data. If you've already got an O2 phone (GG is O2 network) - send off for a free sim and give it a try. (not just for iPhones).

It's been very useful being able to go abroad, stick a cheap foreign sim in so I can data roam without ridiculous charges, or I can just use another sim whenever. Really dislike being committed to something for 18 - 24 months (apart from my wife of course...).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's been very useful being able to go abroad, stick a cheap foreign sim in so I can data roam without ridiculous charges, or I can just use another sim whenever. Really dislike being committed to something for 18 - 24 months (apart from my wife of course...).

You got lucky. I'm committed to the wife on a 36 month contract. Ridiculous really but worked out cheaper.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here