Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Samsung Galaxy S2 vs HTC One X vs Sony Xperia S

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
iPhone. Nothing is better.

Oh dear dear dear...........I have both an iPhone 4 and an HTC Sensation XL (work and personal). The HTC is a far better phone in every way. They always have been hence why I've had an HTC for the past 10 years!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh dear dear dear...........I have both an iPhone 4 and an HTC Sensation XL (work and personal). The HTC is a far better phone in every way. They always have been hence why I've had an HTC for the past 10 years!

A quality and detailed comparison. Conclusive.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
IPhone is not on the cards for me unless there is a 26-27 p/m contract out there with a free handset. I don't think there are worth the extra money.

I have an HTC at the moment as well, so know the quality i'll get.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
iPhone. Nothing is better.

A quality and detailed comparison. Conclusive.

Maybe not conclusive, but a little more detailed than the original quote

Remember folks do NOT say anything that is not absolutely praising iphones as everyone knows they are unassailably the best and never will be bettered (well at least some think so)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Remember folks do NOT say anything that is not absolutely praising iphones as everyone knows they are unassailably the best and never will be bettered (well at least some think so)

If they cost the same as the HTC or Samsung, I would probably get one. Looking around, there are at least £4-£5 p/m more expensive than other phones I'm looking at, and I'm not prepared to pay the premium.

Last edited:

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
If they cost the same as the HTC or Samsung, I would probably get one. Looking around, there are at least £4-£ p/m more expensive than other phones and I'm looking at, and I'm not prepared to pay the premium.

That's the problem with iphones really. On their own they are not bad phones, just when you compare value for money with some of the android competitors, then they fall down badly.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'm in exactly the same boat- in the last few months of my contract on my HTC Wildfire, which has been without doubt one of the worst phones I have ever owned (and on a 2 year contract :ffsparr:)
At the moment I'm thinking to keep the faith with HTC though as the Wildfire was a really standard spec model and the One X looks impressive and has good reviews.
It's well worth waiting 'til next week to see what Samsung have up their sleeves though with the s3.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I'm in exactly the same boat- in the last few months of my contract on my HTC Wildfire, which has been without doubt one of the worst phones I have ever owned (and on a 2 year contract :ffsparr:)
At the moment I'm thinking to keep the faith with HTC though as the Wildfire was a really standard spec model and the One X looks impressive and has good reviews.
It's well worth waiting 'til next week to see what Samsung have up their sleeves though with the s3.

This. It's bound to be quite pricey though I'd have thought?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I expect the lowest tariff you'll be able to get the free handset on will be around £40 a month on a two year contract.
I think the HTC One is somewhere along those lines as well? Certainly on Vodafone anyway.

You can get it free on a £26 or £27 p/m contract on buymobilephones.net (T-mobile or O2)

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
i was looking at this but reading reviews most say the battery life is terrible , ie wont last a whole day with moderate use. whats youre experience with it

No problems so far, although I have been at home since I've had it. Once I go back to work I'll know a bit more.

There is supposed to be something built into the processor that automatically monitors battery usage.

If you spend all day on the internet or playing Temple Run then battery life will be shit, regardless of the phone

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
The Sony Xperia S looks a great phone. I am due for an upgrade in June and am seriously considering this one.

The Sony probably hasn't had any mentions yet as it not as trendy as the other two.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
You can get it free on a £26 or £27 p/m contract on buymobilephones.net (T-mobile or O2)

Cheers, I'll give that a look. Not sure I can survive 'til August with this HTC though, that's the only issue.
Then again, O2 is far superior to Vodafone, who have given me nothing but shite service over the past two years. Probably worth waiting it out.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No votes for the Sony then. Sounds like the new S3 or the HTC One X

I've got a Sony Xperia and hate it. Awful phone - avoid it at all costs.

It doesn't respond to touch properly.
The bluetooth connection randomly cuts out when connected to my car system.
Navigating your way through some of the menus is a minefield.
Taking photos is a very long winded process.

And that's just a few of the issues !

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
The Sony Xperia S looks a great phone. I am due for an upgrade in June and am seriously considering this one.

The Sony probably hasn't had any mentions yet as it not as trendy as the other two.

Check out XPERIA random reboot problems on the internet, and then decide if you really want to go with Sony.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I have an S2 and it pisses over the HTC phone I had. Better battery life, better signal, wonderful screen, lots of memory and it's really fast. I'm well happy with it.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
In the same boat so have been doing a bit of reading around

The HTC One X is the better specced phone by a fair distance....but then its real competitor will be the S3. Comparing it to the S2 isnt really fair.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
My contract is up next month and I have had iphones for the past 5 years so am probably going to wait for the new iphone whenever that comes along, however the HTC one X interests me with its very impressive specs.

The question I have being a long time iphone user is, What will I miss out on moving to the HTC or possibly S3?

I had HTC phones before the iPhone and they were always Windows Mobile and the biggest down point was the OS. So with Android is this a similar down point to some excellent hardware or is Android as good as iOS but in different ways.

The only thing is I have a Mac, an iPhone and an iPad so it would be a bit different moving out of the Apple bubble I am in currently, but would I cope?

D

Deleted member 18477

you're wrong:smokin::fishing::ffsparr:

correct:thumbsup::bowdown::banana:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I used to have a HTC Legend but following a hideous coffee related accident, I bought a HTC Wildfire S and despite being half the price of the Legend, I think its better.. love the little thing....not a ridiculous size, and does everything I want it to do at a decent speed. Never understand why people moan about batt life...on any phones... Especially if you work for a living. Just plug the thing in and recharge at work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here