Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Had he not been already banned from NSC for multiple occurrences of Racism, homophobia, glorification of football violence, holocaust denial, Nazi apologism and antisemitism, (the last few being the sort of things claimed in the Ukraine conflict) then I may have given him as much leeway as you

But I'm sure that has come as a surprise to you too ???

*edit* But I understand he cannot post those views on this thread anymore [emoji106]

Just on every other thread on NSC ???
This, he adds nothing of substance at any time. If it wasn't for the extreme generosity of the Mods he would have been cast out several years back. I think another enforced " rest " would be well deserved given the incredible sacrifices Ukrainians are currently making.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This, he adds nothing of substance at any time. If it wasn't for the extreme generosity of the Mods he would have been cast out several years back. I think another enforced " rest " would be well deserved given the incredible sacrifices Ukrainians are currently making.

Let's get back to the topic :thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1497254180108570633[/tweet]

No more late night surfing when the wifes gone to bed in Russia..

No wonder Putin has had to get his fix of muscly men in uniforms in a more analogue way

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1497249498258620419[/TWEET]

Fingers crossed. Might just be a western narrative (doubtless one poster in particular will be along to say so shortly) but it doesn’t feel like the Russian army is excelling itself.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Apologies. Wasn’t trying to be fear-mongering; was just rather laying it down as I see it. Which is probably and hopefully very, very wrong.

No. No worries. It does lay it out as a worst case scenario but resonated with me.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Very interesting thread on why things don’t appear to be going all Russia’s way

[tweet]1497304143836454921[/tweet]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Fingers crossed. Might just be a western narrative (doubtless one poster in particular will be along to say so shortly) but it doesn’t feel like the Russian army is excelling itself.

I can’t imagine getting to the start line and seeing a fleet of mobile crematoriums ready to follow you into battle is great for troop moral.

What utter madness Putin is visiting upon this planet. Nobody wants his war except him and if the Russian army don’t see this as a just conflict I can fully understand their bewilderment at what they are being asked to do.

Ukrainian soldiers on the other hand see this as a fight for their identity, their lands and their inalienable right to exist as a peaceful sovereign nation.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
For sure, all of that. I of course wasn't suggesting a Ukrainian delegation should agree to go to Minsk.
On a personal note, I'm happy to say that our cousins have escaped from Kyiv and are 'safe' in an old dacha in the Carpathians after a 19 hour car journey.
Good to hear, must be a massive relief. Who'd have thought people in Europe fleeing their homes because of invasion in 2022 ? Unreal

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thanks for the support. Yes, a massive relief as we'd had no phone contact with them for 24 hours 👍

I’ve seen a message from EE which says texts, data and calls to Ukraine are free at the moment. I’m pleased your cousins are safe but this might help anyone else to wants to try.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
An hour and a quarter? Would be handy if you could point to a part of the vid that somewhat encapsulates the tone of the whole thing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As someone for his own mental health does not participate in Twitter, is there any further info or allusion to what this means !!

Please, thank you

Basically indicates not going as well as Putin would hope, badly planned logistic wise and possibly facing more resistance from civilians than expected. Plus Russian forces on the ground possibly demotivated / demoralised with not all expecting they were going to war to fight their own.

But some caution as expected significant numbers could still be 20km away from Kiev so could quickly change

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
As someone for his own mental health does not participate in Twitter, is there any further info or allusion to what this means !!

Please, thank you
Bits about Russian Armour advancing beyond its logistic support which the Ukrainians are then targeting as their elements are much more vulnerable. Reports of units running out of fuel/supplies, trying to buy/steal food and fuel from garages and shops. Medics in Russia being called in to help. Taken at face value, not going to plan, and taking heavier casualties than expected

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
The hacker group Anonymous is targeting Russia too, so far hacking and leaking a Russian MOD database and taking some of Gazprom's services offline.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Basically indicates not going as well as Putin would hope, badly planned logistic wise and possibly facing more resistance from civilians than expected. Plus Russian forces on the ground possibly demotivated / demoralised with not all expecting they were going to war to fight their own.

But some caution as expected significant numbers could still be 20km away from Kiev so could quickly change

Thank you.

You know what a leaflet drop by the Ukrainians on the Russian troops would not be a bad idea.
A leaflet urging them to think about what they are doing, attacking innocent folk, while emphasising the difference between their leaders wealth and ordinary Russians daily existence, surely that would resonate with some.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
A spokesman for Ukrainian President Zelensky has just said the country is prepared to hold ceasefire and peace talks with Russia immediately.

He said Russian and Ukrainian officials are currently discussing a time and place for talks to be held.

Quoted from the BBC.
Maybe reports of a stuttering Russia and Ukrainian resistance are leading all parties hopefully back to the table for peace. Nothing but a tragic loss of life achieved.
May yet just be more Russian games of “peace though” will believe it when I see it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here