Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The problem the elites have is that they can't complain. If they moan to another elite they don't know they won't be grassed up and dead in a week. And the rich elites aren't usually the ones who'd try and kill the leader to take power.

No one can complain to Putin, they need to either shut up, or remove him. So it would take someone who decides they'd be in a better position if they removed him.
Are you implying there is something sinister about the extremely high rate of deaths of critics of the regime from falling-out-of-skyscraper-window-accidents?!

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
It's fine...my thoughts and frustrations also go in constant circles!
Russia's withdrawal from Afghanistan was partly (maybe not much?) pressured by wives and mothers of the casualties.
Given the far higher numbers of Russian casualties in this war, it suggests Russia has a FAR stronger grip on the population than before (media, arrests, crackdowns, influencers, mobilisation threat...)
Russia was being run by Gorbachev not a megalomaniac when they withdrew from Afghanistan in fairness. Putin will never back down on Ukraine imo, dead man walking if he does.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Thank you ! How did you do that? It stopped working for me after I posted it.

Anyway, if you pause at around 00:40, you can just see the angel of Toropets.
Click share under the video, copy the link and paste directly into the post field. No need for extensions or code - the forum software automatically knows what to do

eg (without the spaces)
https:// youtu.be/ HwLG22ANba0?si=E-nX0KWKfbnxUfay

Russian Official in Talking Utter Toss shocker
"Krasnodar Governor Veniamin Kondratyev reported that two UAVs targeting Tikhoretsk were "suppressed", with debris causing a fire and detonation of flammable materials."

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here