Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
why do people on interwebs have to find ulterior motives - Putin said he wants to recreate the Russian Empire. simples.

Except its not simples. If he "only" wanted to recreate the Russian Empire there would have been a lot easier former ex-Soviet states to invade.

Of course there is more than just geography to it... Ukraine is valuable. Putin is not doing it for the world atlas... and similarly the West is not eager to westernize Ukraine just because of our alleged love for "freedom" and "democracy".

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Is there not one responsible adult anywhere on NSC who can put this **** out of his misery, or at the very least put everyone else out of their misery.

At least on this thread :facepalm:
Hey mate,.. an alternate opinion is actually allowed,.... in the same way the Swan fills these threads with his pro Putin, anti west rhetoric, so DR deserves his moments of foolish infamy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Hey mate,.. an alternate opinion is actually allowed,.... in the same way the Swan fills these threads with his pro Putin, anti west rhetoric, so DR deserves his moments of foolish infamy.

He offers no 'opinions'....he offers nothing.

Example:

"Let's carry on building trans gender toilets

Regards
DF"

Do you consider this an alternate opinion?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Had he not been already banned from NSC for multiple occurrences of Racism, homophobia, glorification of football violence, holocaust denial, Nazi apologism and antisemitism, (the last few being the sort of things claimed in the Ukraine conflict) then I may have given him as much leeway as you

But I'm sure that has come as a surprise to you too ???

*edit* But I understand he cannot post those views on this thread anymore :thumbsup:

Just on every other thread on NSC ???

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

They are posting about trans gender toilets FFS, on a thread about Russia invading Ukraine.

There's a ****ing invasion going on and someone is posting on a thread discussing various aspects/opinions of the invasion (some more unorthodox than others), the costs, implications and ramifications in a generally reasonable manner.

Then you get some utterly obnoxious **** attempting to derail the thread posting about trans gender toilets :mad:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
There is simply no way Ukraine can sit down in aggresor country Belarus (Minsk) nor be a part of any talks on the false basis of "denazification".

Putin will NOT remove all his troops and leave Ukraine as sovereign as it was last week.

He will demand his land corridor, control of water to Crimea, enlarged puppet statelet of DNR/LNR including Mariupol.

That his proxy puppets can veto any federal decisions that will also include joining EU.

And to have no defence whatsoever, so if ever the puppets don't work, or he doesn't like anything, he can waltz back in un challenged. That's the end of sovereignty.

Plus it would give Putin a victory for what is
an unjustified and murderous attack of a peaceful nation on the basis of lies and fabrications.

And with so many Ukrainians having given their lives already to defend their nation, it would likely collapse the government anyway.

It's not possible.

That said, if talks were agreed in a neutral place on the basis of a temporary cease fire, they could try and rearm, rest a day or two.

Record the Russians lies, challenge them at the meeting about all their lies, murder of innocents and attack of an entirely peaceful nation. Get all that in the public domain.

Before fighting for every inch of ground, hand to hand if required to remove invading Putin troops from their country.

This is Putin's perfect scenario, they cannot give it him.

For sure, all of that. I of course wasn't suggesting a Ukrainian delegation should agree to go to Minsk.
On a personal note, I'm happy to say that our cousins have escaped from Kyiv and are 'safe' in an old dacha in the Carpathians after a 19 hour car journey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here