Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just how great Russia could be, all this wasted talent used by the Russian leaders to destroy and disrupt others livelihoods and freedoms. Rather than push Russia forward in a progressive manor looking forward rather than backwards.
This. They really are unbelievable. There was a time when it looked like they'd finally joined more civilized countries but they've thrown it all away.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
British airways have been under a cyber attack for a number of hours. Check in systems for flights affected online & in airport

America’s biggest microchip company is investigating a potential cyber attack that has taken parts of its business offline for two days, The Telegraph can reveal.

Part of a DT article

Nvidia’s email systems and developer tools are understood to have been suffering from outages over the last two days, after what is believed to have been a malicious network intrusion.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Thanks, I must read up on the Sino Soviet split in cold war, not something I was aware of

Long story short, amongst other things, get this they fell out over their individual takes on communism, China took a belligerent stance towards the west, and publicly rejected the USSR's policy of peaceful coexistence with the west.
How they have swapped roles now eh.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Long story short, amongst other things, get this they fell out over their individual takes on communism, China took a belligerent stance towards the west, and publicly rejected the USSR's policy of peaceful coexistence with the west.
How they have swapped roles now eh.

Shows which side now has the money in the game and which has tanked it’s economy since the end of the Cold War.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
A broken nose yes. Or maybe dragged into a basement and executed. That would be good as well

A prolonged spell in the Lubyanka experiencing a full array of the methods he will have deployed while in the KGB would be a good starting point

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This. They really are unbelievable. There was a time when it looked like they'd finally joined more civilized countries but they've thrown it all away.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

This again. Vlad no mates has used his time machine and transported Russia back a generation. At least. Surrounded by enemies, nobody will do business with Russia. Further, nobody will trust a word they say. Why on earth would they? With no chance of markets for their goods or services, he has committed his nation to the third division until the day he dies and beyond.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
he has committed his nation to the third division until the day he dies and beyond.

Agree, he has set them back…

But

Disagree, When he goes, and if a new progressive leader emerges then I’m sure a young vibrant Russia can emerge from the shadows and move them forward rapidly. Protesters on the streets no matter how small (incredibly brave) is a sign of hope, all is not lost, we should not give up on Russia.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

But

Disagree, When he goes, and if a new progressive leader emerges then I’m sure a young vibrant Russia can emerge from the shadows and move them forward rapidly. Protesters on the streets no matter how small (incredibly brave) is a sign of hope, all is not lost, we should not give up on Russia.

Absolutely. Putin is a relic of the Cold War, but we’re approaching a time when an entire generation were only kids when the Cold War ended and have no interest in re-fighting it.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
With all this global warming surely it’s time we had a hot war

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

But

This. The last desperate throes of a lunatic (hopefully)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

But

Yes, that's a good point. The old order could crumble rapidly when the murderous **** is dethroned.

I take heart from the protests - they mean that not all Russians get their news from state run TV. It also means that some at least, get their news from elsewhere.
They will share that real news with others.....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
One for the “history repeats itself” pile, on this day in 1944…

[tweet]1497339731792695298[/tweet]

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
This. The last desperate throes of a lunatic (hopefully)

He did it in Syria, Georgia, Crimea and now the whole of Ukraine. He's not going to stop and it seems the lack of action by the West has emboldened him. It's horrific.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Lot of talk this evening that China is set to abstain from the vote against Russia at the UN. It will be vetoed by Russia, obviously, but looks like Moscow is increasingly isolated and fears of a Beijing - Moscow alliance look somewhat dashed. This is potentially a huge diplomatic moment.

I agree. It was looking like China were implicitly siding with Russia. If that's not how it plays out, it will indeed be a huge diplomatic moment imo.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I agree. It was looking like China were implicitly siding with Russia. If that's not how it plays out, it will indeed be a huge diplomatic moment imo.

Could become Russia’s Suez, definite parallels

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here