Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[Tweet]1496955582254825478[/Tweet]

Good stuff.

British Javelins. Payback for Salisbury.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Apart from the usual nonsense you spout, you do strike me as someone who would roll over and tickle Putin's belly, if he supplied you with unlimited pizzas (with toppings of choice) and a large bag of Sensi, every week.

You really do spout some awful bollocks, you know that?

Mate, you're not that smart. You think you are, but you really aren't. Some of the things you come out with are incredibly bizarre and show signs of some very confused thinking.

I like him, but....the pizza boxes? It's fine to be a spectator and not engage, not start a family (or sponsor one if you don't want to breed), not sign up to anything, not commit....trust no-one . . .the truth is out there....but....

When you have something to lose it all gets a bit more serious. Things start to matter. Alternative explanations with no practical narrative go in the bin.

Porpose and meaning to life become writ large when you have something to hold - family, kids, even property and possessions. Even a football club. FFS.

Whimsical is fine when it doesn't matter. Innit. :shrug:

I take your lack of counter-arguments and continous references to pizza boxes as you all being incapable of discussing the matter I brought up.

I don't think anyone has said anything about 'hating Russians' or whatever you're on about. Far from it in fact, I think everyone is hoping the Russian public realise that Vlad's lost the plot and are willing them to rise up and see him turfed out.

Stop trying so hard to be the 'free-thinking' edgelord who's got the smarts on everyone because you don't 'believe the media' and get your news elsewhere. It's tiresome enough in teenagers. .

A few days ago people were posting about how shite all Russian tourists are etc, today we have the "kids in Ukraine are in a tough situation so its only fair if Russian kids 'feel the fire'). It is warranted to ask questions on whats next?

It is important to remain level-headed and not fall into a trap of thinking "all of us versus all of them" because when the public starts to reason that way, you're halfway into a very very bloody war. That people have already lost their footing and are incapable of reasoning without changing topic and moving on to master suppression techniques.

A few months ago you'd all agree that the sentences "the fire needs to be lit under the Neo Russian establishment. HOT wars produce DEAD people and collateral casualties. Their children need to feel the heat the same as the children hunkering down in Kyiv" are really, really ****ed up. But you are now blinded with hatred and bloodthirst, and trying to ridicule anyone who argues against your inhumane perspectives.

Its a sad sight this. I've spent years reading about propaganda, manipulation of the mind, how wars happen and now its all in front of me: it is so so easy to make people fear and hate strangers... and it has barely started.

Last edited:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I take your lack of counter-arguments and continous references to pizza boxes as you all being incapable of discussing the matter I brought up.

A few days ago people were posting about how shite all Russian tourists are etc, today we have the "kids in Ukraine are in a tough situation so its only fair if Russian kids 'feel the fire'). It is warranted to ask questions on whats next?

It is important to remain level-headed and not fall into a trap of thinking "all of us versus all of them" because when the public starts to reason that way, you're halfway into a very very bloody war. That people have already lost their footing and are incapable of reasoning without changing topic and moving on to master suppression techniques.

A few months ago you'd all agree that the sentences "the fire needs to be lit under the Neo Russian establishment. HOT wars produce DEAD people and collateral casualties. Their children need to feel the heat the same as the children hunkering down in Kyiv" are really, really ****ed up. But you are now blinded with hatred and bloodthirst, and trying to ridicule anyone who argues against your inhumane perspectives.

Its a sad sight this. I've spent years reading about propaganda, manipulation of the mind, how wars happen and now its all in front of me: it is so so easy to make people fear and hate strangers... and it has barely started.

Get some sleep.

Flex Your Head

... you are now blinded with hatred and bloodthirst, and trying to ridicule anyone who argues against your inhumane perspectives.

WTF are you smoking?

No-one hates the Russians, other than Putin and his cronies. We are cheering on their bravery in protesting what is happeneing. I don't think anyone really believes that the majority of the Russian public back this invasion of their neighbours.

Would love to see the sources for this "I've spent years reading about propaganda, manipulation of the mind, how wars happen". Actually, scrap that, I've no interest in what you scroll through on the bog.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Now this is exactly the shit I've been pointing at.

The whole "innocent people from one side gets hurt so its completely fair if innocent people from the other side gets hurt."

Russian oligarchy-kids getting expelled is not a problem but the attitude is.

We're about one day into this conflict and already people are cheering on when random innocent people of the suddenly subhuman Russian nationality gets into trouble. Similar attitude to how Japanese internment camps and the nukes over Hiroshima and Nagasaki were justified, "well some of ours died so who gives a shit about them.. innocent or not".

Where does this fairness start or end? In WWII four million Indians starved to death because the UK government took their food as food reserves to the people in the UK, would you find it "satisfyingly fair" if four million English people starved to death?

Or is it perhaps the case that we have rapidly escalating dehumanisation process going on here? Today some people cheer for Russian oligarchy kids getting expelled from schools because kids in Ukraine will have it rough. What does it look like in three months? Will it be satisfyingly fair when some Russian school bus is blown into pieces because the same thing might have happened in Ukraine?

War brings out the worst in people. Its a such a rapid transition from "I dont trust the Russian government" to the end station "144 million Russians are subhuman scum".

Personally I despise this. When it comes to Russia, a couple of 100k Russians are making things complicated. The other 143 millions or so has done **** all to deserve anyones spite.

Please read some reputable material on the Bengal famine, what you have posted regarding that is not true. I am not claiming the UK Government was not at fault in any way, but they did not take food from Bengal to the UK,

The Russian people unfortunately need to feel some consequences of Putins actions. I think you are confusing people saying "good, that will make them take notice of what is going on" with "good, I like seeing Russian people suffer a bit, just because they are Russians".

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ukraine putting up a good fight and Putin's armor is suffering.

Unfortunately the carpet bombing of cities may start soon. But while this was acceptable to the Russian people in Chechnya does it have quite the same appeal against fellow slavs ?

There is a glimmer of a chance that Putin has massively miscalculated.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Heartening to hear that there are a large number of demonstrations across Russia. That takes bravery given the state reaction to protests. These can only increase with more deaths and the targeting of Kiev itself. Can’t see it changing Putin’s mindset though

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Yeah, apart from the fact that the bbc spent a good section of its coverage on the ground in Russia showing protests by Russians (violently quashed by authorities) and interviewing Russians who were all afraid for Russia's future whilst stating they were against war with Ukraine.

I personally don't know anyone who thinks Russia should be nuked off the planet; anyone with half a brain cell knows this is what Putin wants and not the general population in Russia (although of course there are a certain percentage of Russians who blindly follow Putin whatever he does).

Stop sitting on your pedastal making out that we've all been manipulated into hating Russians when it's just not true (bar a tiny percentage of idiots)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yeah, apart from the fact that the bbc spent a good section of its coverage on the ground in Russia showing protests by Russians (violently quashed by authorities) and interviewing Russians who were all afraid for Russia's future whilst stating they were against war with Ukraine.

I personally don't know anyone who thinks Russia should be nuked off the planet; anyone with half a brain cell knows this is what Putin wants and not the general population in Russia (although of course there are a certain percentage of Russians who blindly follow Putin whatever he does).

Stop sitting on your pedastal making out that we've all been manipulated into hating Russians when it's just not true (bar a tiny percentage of idiots)

Claiming everyone who disagrees is brainwashed is what passes for political discourse these days

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They've banned all men between 16-60 from leaving as they may be required to fight for their country

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They've banned all men between 16-60 from leaving as they may be required to fight for their country

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

No women ? Doesn’t sound very equal rights

All of the captured Russian soldiers so far look very average - having been to Russia I’ve seen bigger police / security - have they used low ranking or reservist types first as cannon fodder ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I respectfully disagree. It would instantly stop them from being able to sell their gas or oil, it would send their markets into a total freefall.

[tweet]1496796516333273091[/tweet]

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I expected to wake up to a Russian victory and takeover. That doesn’t seem to have happened..yet.

They won’t get a victory, street fighting and guerrilla war will continue even if Kiev falls imo. Ukraine is too big for 200000 troops to control..imo

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No women ? Doesn’t sound very equal rights

All of the captured Russian soldiers so far look very average - having been to Russia I’ve seen bigger police / security - have they used low ranking or reservist types first as cannon fodder ?

Sounds very possible

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Heartening to hear that there are a large number of demonstrations across Russia. That takes bravery given the state reaction to protests. These can only increase with more deaths and the targeting of Kiev itself. Can’t see it changing Putin’s mindset though
The three ways that will cause an end to Putins madness are, unprecedented protests in Russia, the toughest sanctions ever in world history and,Ukrainian armed forces digging in and causing severe degradation of Russian Tanks and Helicopters and planes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here