Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Latest theoretical plot ( intelligence report ) is that Russia are going for toppling the Ukrainian government in Kiev, installing a puppet regime and partitioning the country into East and West ( see Germany ).

Possibly acceptable to outside observers ( Pitin's gambit ? )

Not sure it'll be too popular with the locals.

West Ukraine ( Gallicia ? ) would have to be admitted to NATO in that case ? ???

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
Latest theoretical plot ( intelligence report ) is that Russia are going for toppling the Ukrainian government in Kiev, installing a puppet regime and partitioning the country into East and West ( see Germany ).

West Ukraine ( Gallicia ? ) would have to be admitted to NATO in that case ? ???

Interesting theory. The Dnieper River would appear to be the ideal border if that's the case.

Why leave the west of Ukraine when it would seem obvious Putin could take it all? - Border difficult to manage? - It would appease NATO?

What has east Ukraine got that he wants?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The three ways that will cause an end to Putins madness are, unprecedented protests in Russia, the toughest sanctions ever in world history and,Ukrainian armed forces digging in and causing severe degradation of Russian Tanks and Helicopters and planes.

This. The Vietnam war was a classic example where picking off US soldiers day in day out, month in month out and year
in, year out led to an impossible situation for the US govt.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Ukraine’s deputy minister of defence, Hanna Malyar, said the Russian military seized two cars of the Ukrainian armed forces before changing into the uniform of the Ukrainian military and then driving to the centre of Kyiv from Obolon.

Ukrainian lieutenant general Valerii Zaluzhniy appeared to confirm reports in a statement on the website of Ukraine’s armed forces.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Yep.

44 million citizens. if just 5 million pick up arms thats 5 million citizens plus the army.

It was always obvious Russia would have the upper hand at the start, I hope the citizens fight hand to hand and pick them off 1 at a time
However, it has been reported this morning that the Russians haven't succeeded with any of its Day 1 objectives .... it may be a temporary blip for them, but Russian casualties are > 500 so far, probably not a story most of us expected.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Starmer saying sanctions could go further, so what's Boris playing at?

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
In what way is it fair? What did these children do?
Enjoyed the comfort and privilege that the well laundered ill gotten gains can buy... at the expense of many in their own country who don't enjoy such advantages.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting, transparency International: estimates £15 billion UK property owned by Kremlin associates. We are currently a magnet for dirty money all over.

Something needs to change, but with our certain predicament will it change?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The Russians will win the war, but from my experience of Ukrainians they are very tough people

He won't win the peace and it will be a thorn in Putins side for a long time to come

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Its a sad sight this. I've spent years reading about propaganda, manipulation of the mind, how wars happen and now its all in front of me: it is so so easy to make people fear and hate strangers... and it has barely started.

LOL

A self-confessed conspiracy theorist claiming to be well versed on propaganda and mind manipulation

snigger…………….

chortle ……….

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I’m sure Putin has sold this as a cake walk. If Russian bodies start piling up then he might find he’s not quite as infallible as he believes.
Despite the comical scenes promoted by the media, showing housewives training with wooden cutout AK47's .... Ukraine has some very decent units at their disposal. Not obviously big numbers compared to the Russians, but given a sprinkling of western special forces helping with planning and strategy... the Russian units will be taking on a bit more than they bargained for.

I have heard, from a reliable military contact, that UK, US, Australian, Czech and Hungarian advisors have been helping out on the ground, whether they stay as this invasion unfolds, who knows.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Interesting, transparency International: estimates £15 billion UK property owned by Kremlin associates. We are currently a magnet for dirty money all over.

Something needs to change, but with our certain predicament will it change?
It's going to be difficult for them to take those buildings with them once they and their businesses are expelled and shutdown...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here