Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Who elected her to be Leader of the EU……the population of the EU is approx. 440m………..what kind of mandate has she got?

Most people, most MEPs, biggest economy, biggest contribution, Leader of EU is German……I guess you think the EU is not German dominated?

The Leader of the EU is actively choosing to claim Ukraine as a member of EU? Going back to point 1 what mandate has she got to do that? Ukraine is a poor country, riven with corruption which has been involved in a civil war for 8 years……Ukraine is no more European than Yemen.

Utter bollocks comrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Who elected her to be Leader of the EU……the population of the EU is approx. 440m………..what kind of mandate has she got?

Most people, most MEPs, biggest economy, biggest contribution, Leader of EU is German……I guess you think the EU is not German dominated?

The Leader of the EU is actively choosing to claim Ukraine as a member of EU? Going back to point 1 what mandate has she got to do that? Ukraine is a poor country, riven with corruption which has been involved in a civil war for 8 years……Ukraine is no more European than Yemen.

You are either confused or lying.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Juncker was from Luxembourg, Barroso, Portugal. It varies over the course of time.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Can someone put this character out of our misery?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Just as an aside, do you support Brighton [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION]? Do you even like football?

I only ask as you don’t seem to join in with the football threads on here all that much.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Not the place mate. She is the leader of the EU right now and thats it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
RT has said that politicians don’t decide what television stations can broadcast. That’s for OFCOM.
Oh do **** off !!!
Have you actually watched the channel ?!it's hardly Putin propaganda !!! Seems to be just showing what all the other western news channels are broadcasting

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Have you actually watched the channel ?!it's hardly Putin propaganda !!! Seems to be just showing what all the other western news channels are broadcasting

I suppose the other question is, who is their right mind would be watching it?

Even before all this, if you were sitting around fancying some news, would you be thinking, "I know i'll scroll down past 20 news channels before i get to Russia Today". I suppose there might be a small number of hardline commies and a few Russian immigrants. Even then their viewership must be miniscule (maybe even down in GB news territory)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Didn’t you Brexiteers tell us that Turkey was joining the EU imminently?
How long have they been members now?

I don’t believe a syllable that you lying , mendacious, traitorous, xenophobic cabel utter.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Russia is one of the 50 plus countries I have been to.

They were the most miserable people I have ever met. In 4 days there I don’t think I saw one of them smile.

I think it’s important to distance the events going on right now, and those responsible for them, from your regular Russian civilian on the street. In my experience, Russian’s do carry themselves with a slightly cold veneer, but that’s not always reflective of their inner personalities.

I’ve worked with a Russian bloke for the best part of a decade. Certainly, when he first started, he seemed very aloof. No smile, no small-talk, kept himself to himself.

Over time I found myself working with him more frequently, and found that if you could get him talking, he was much more open and a genuinely funny and pleasant guy. He’s a proper family man, absolutely dotes on his little boy - in fact he later lived down the same street as me and I’d often see him out with him on his bike, or playing Pokémon Go as was fashionable at the time. A very different character to what you’d expect from distance.

I have similar experience with other Russian nationals. I totally understand why they have this reputation for being cold and unpleasant, but I don’t think it’s quite as simple as that.

Blanket hate and prejudice against large groups of people (and I know you weren’t hating) won’t benefit anyone at this time. The world needs more love than ever before.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

I watched a bit the other day, it was all anti-western whataboutery propaganda.

They then started an account of Donbas recorded a few years ago. It was like a poorly acted mockumentary, put on by the local WI on a Tuesday afternoon at the Village Hall. At this point I switched off!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I suppose the other question is, who is their right mind would be watching it?

Even before all this, if you were sitting around fancying some news, would you be thinking, "I know i'll scroll down past 20 news channels before i get to Russia Today". I suppose there might be a small number of hardline commies and a few Russian immigrants. Even then their viewership must be miniscule (maybe even down in GB news territory)

I hate to tell you, Russia is no longer a Communist state. Their viewers are more likely to be from the same gene pool as GB News.

I.E. Farage fan boys( and girls)

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Switzerland has just adopted ALL the EU sanctions against Russia. Is that the sound of the pips beginning to squeak?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Switzerland has just adopted ALL the EU sanctions against Russia. Is that the sound of the pips beginning to squeak?

This is unprecedented. Did I also see yesterday that Turkey would probably block the Black Sea from
Russian ships? That would mean a vital/almost pivotal supply line would be gone. Good on the Turks
if that is the case.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Swiss banks freezing the funds of all the Russian bad guys like this is a big move. I can't imagine that Putin et al thought that would ever happen.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Swiss banks freezing the funds of all the Russian bad guys like this is a big move. I can't imagine that Putin et al thought that would ever happen.

Oh. You're back then? It's been pretty quiet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here