Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you want to see some real cringe, check out Russia Today (RT, Freeview channel 863). You can see it in the eyes of the English Language presenters 'FML, how did it ever come to this? :rolleyes:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If any of the top brass in Russia value any kind of future for their country, they will take Putin out.

Youd think they should, but 2 problems in that mate.

1.Getting close enough to a highly insualted despot with hand picked private security detail.

2.All of the ministers, all of the top FSB and military, all the state TV executives, Oil execs they are all stealing and enriching themselves and will have been involved in all sorts of illegality, FSB in the extra curricula killings etc.

They may physically kill Putin, but they bang themselves up and kill their own futures too if it quickly unravels.

They may take their chances on whatever the other side of this is, than life in jail or being strung up by a baying mob.

Oligarchs have the power and influence, they also will kill opponents. Theyre the ones who may be able to do somehthing.

But theres very powerful interests who wont be happy with Mr Putin.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just looked and it's working fine now....... never looked at it before but was not surprised to see a sub-headline " Captured Ukrainian troops confirm Kiev's plans of a massive offensive in Donbass "..... surprised the Russians were not beaten back by the " Massive Force " ?

Lies or torture? take your pick.

Just looked and came across this pile of lies. https://tass.com/recognition-of-sovereignty-of-dpr-and-lpr

Didnt even bother to take it down after the event

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Posted without comment, from The Guardian live feed just now:

The Kremlin has claimed that President Vladimir Putin placed Russia’s nuclear deterrence forces on high alert after statements from the UK’s foreign secretary Liz Truss, PA news agency reports.

According to the Interfax news agency, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told a press briefing:
Statements were made by various representatives at various levels on possible altercations or even collisions and clashes between Nato and Russia.
We believe that such statements are absolutely unacceptable.
I would not call the authors of these statements by name, although it was the British foreign minister.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Posted without comment, from The Guardian live feed just now:

The Kremlin has claimed that President Vladimir Putin placed Russia’s nuclear deterrence forces on high alert after statements from the UK’s foreign secretary Liz Truss, PA news agency reports.

According to the Interfax news agency, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told a press briefing:
Statements were made by various representatives at various levels on possible altercations or even collisions and clashes between Nato and Russia.
We believe that such statements are absolutely unacceptable.
I would not call the authors of these statements by name, although it was the British foreign minister.

Yes, they have just discussed that on Politics Live - Clive Lewis very sensibly said that Putin will turn anything we say against us, but that doesn't mean that we don't have to be careful with what is said.

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
The first half hour of Nicky Campbell R5 was very interesting this morning - they had a chap called Dan living in Ukraine on and he was essentially saying that the Ukrainians will fight for every inch of their country and this is why Russia will not win this war. There was then a military analyst on who said that Putin's best troops are the ones that are in Ukraine now, those that may follow after are likely to be far less motivated, Putin's defence budget is actually pretty small and he is reliant upon conscripts etc. He also mentioned that a couple of the Oligarchs have started criticising Putin, but I had not seen that anywhere else yet. Worth a listen if you have some spare time.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The first half hour of Nicky Campbell R5 was very interesting this morning - they had a chap called Dan living in Ukraine on and he was essentially saying that the Ukrainians will fight for every inch of their country and this is why Russia will not win this war. There was then a military analyst on who said that Putin's best troops are the ones that are in Ukraine now, those that may follow after are likely to be far less motivated, Putin's defence budget is actually pretty small and he is reliant upon conscripts etc. He also mentioned that a couple of the Oligarchs have started criticising Putin, but I had not seen that anywhere else yet. Worth a listen if you have some spare time.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...onaires-speak-out-against-invasion-of-ukraine

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I heard some of what Dan was saying, I got the impression he would fight too if necessary as it's his home too now. Lots of incredibly brave people there standing their ground.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
I heard some of what Dan was saying, I got the impression he would fight too if necessary as it's his home too now. Lots of incredibly brave people there standing their ground.

Yes, he was more concerned about keeping his family safe but he did say that he would fight as it is his home now. He asked Nicky if he would fight if the UK was invaded and Nicky went very quiet then finally said "you are raising some VERY interesting points" or something like that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Christ.

This is so tragic. Young Russian men sent to the killing fields of Ukraine on the command of 1 despot.

The darkest hour comes just before dawn I guess.

[Tweet]1498267137617575936[/Tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How obvious, Russian billionaires who have woken up today to diminishing wealth and impunity are now calling for peace. I mean, I’m sure that was the plan but what a world we live in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here