Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
People starting to focus on putins mental health which make sense as he has been very in putin like in behaviour. Normally he’s very calm and collected and not one for outburst … certainly not the case now.
If those around start believing that he has lost the plot then he will be gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
People starting to focus on putins mental health which make sense as he has been very in putin like in behaviour. Normally he’s very calm and collected and not one for outburst … certainly not the case now.
If those around start believing that he has lost the plot then he will be gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those around him need to step in and oust him and the army need to also rise against him before he does the unthinkable

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Inclined to believe it is. Would your average soldier be carrying around their personal mobile phone + have some kind of contract / sim plan in place for data roaming?

our average soldier, absolutly not, massive security problem. Russians though, ill-disciplined and certainly seen Russian footage online. theres reports they are using phones and civilian radio to communicate because their military radio dont work. bit speculative but may explain why there is zero effort to neutralise networks.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just announced on Ukrainain TV, in addition to twitter and facebook, Russia has now turned off Linkedin. Putin is desperate for his public to not know the truth

The alleged great geo-political chess player will go down in history as a pariah, like Pol Pot and Hitler and this gambit will down down as one of the worst geo politcal decisions ever. Like Hitlers Russian winter.

NATO and the whole world, the EU totally galvanised, Germany sending lethal weapons for first time and commiting to 2% of GDP, so much for weaken the west and make Russia stronger, he has made the west massively more united and totally isolated himself

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Inclined to believe it is. Would your average soldier be carrying around their personal mobile phone + have some kind of contract / sim plan in place for data roaming?

Certainly not if they're with poxy EE.

They'd be better off sending carrier pigeons

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just announced on Ukrainain TV, in addition to twitter and facebook, Russia has now turned off Linkedin. Putin is desperate for his public to not know the truth

Either that or he's fed up with constantly being bombarded by recruiters like I am

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bit sad to see a few reports of Black / Asian Ukranians being harassed and experiencing difficulties at their borders. Not sure how that unit hasn't stayed back to fight ?

[tweet]1498253568410800129[/tweet]

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

The alleged great geo-political chess player will go down in history as a pariah, like Pol Pot and Hitler and this gambit will down down as one of the worst geo politcal decisions ever. Like Hitlers Russian winter.

NATO and the whole world, the EU totally galvanised, Germany sending lethal weapons for first time and commiting to 2% of GDP, so much for weaken the west and make Russia stronger, he has made the west massively more united and totally isolated himself

My LinkedIn feed has been full of messages of support for Ukraine, including many brave Russians. I even read one from a Gazprom employee. Markets transcend borders and Putin can’t prevent these conversations continuing offline.

Edit; I’ve just looked this up and the LinkedIn ban happened in 2016. The Russian anti war comments must come from expats rather Russia based ones.

Last edited:

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
In what way is she 'unelected'?

In what way is the EU 'German dominated'?

In what way is the EU, which Ukraine has begged for help, 'laying claim to Ukraine'?

Who elected her to be Leader of the EU……the population of the EU is approx. 440m………..what kind of mandate has she got?

Most people, most MEPs, biggest economy, biggest contribution, Leader of EU is German……I guess you think the EU is not German dominated?

The Leader of the EU is actively choosing to claim Ukraine as a member of EU? Going back to point 1 what mandate has she got to do that? Ukraine is a poor country, riven with corruption which has been involved in a civil war for 8 years……Ukraine is no more European than Yemen.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Russia is one of the 50 plus countries I have been to.

They were the most miserable people I have ever met. In 4 days there I don’t think I saw one of them smile.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Who elected her to be Leader of the EU……the population of the EU is approx. 440m………..what kind of mandate has she got?

Most people, most MEPs, biggest economy, biggest contribution, Leader of EU is German……I guess you think the EU is not German dominated?

The Leader of the EU is actively choosing to claim Ukraine as a member of EU? Going back to point 1 what mandate has she got to do that? Ukraine is a poor country, riven with corruption which has been involved in a civil war for 8 years……Ukraine is no more European than Yemen.

Are you deliberately misleading ? You're making it sound like the EU is claiming Ukraine member of the EU, rather than Ukraine asking.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy called on Monday for Ukraine’s immediate accession into the EU under a new simplified procedure, though it was unclear how that could work in practice.

“We ask the European Union for Ukraine’s immediate accession via a new special procedure,” he said, speaking on his Telegram channel as fighting with Russian troops continued across the country. “Our goal is to be together with all Europeans and, most importantly, to be on an equal footing. I’m sure it’s fair. I’m sure it’s possible.”

The plea builds on Zelenskyy’s earlier call on Saturday to allow Ukraine’s accession into the bloc and comes on the back of European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen saying Sunday that the bloc wants Ukraine to join. “They are one of us and we want them in,” she said. Ukraine is still not an official candidate for EU accession talks.

Ukrainian Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal added in a tweet Monday it was time to put the accession demand “down on paper” following Zelenskyy’s statement.”We have long proved that we are all an integral part of the European community,” he said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here