Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Refugees. If they need to come, just let them in.

I cannot believe we would be quibbling about this. It's not like they're just coming for benefits and NHS etc, which is usually the spurious accusation levelled by the ignorant.

It's going to be almost entirely women and children. All the time, we're waiting for the Daily Mail's reaction, cynical predators will be eying an opportunity

95% are going to return as soon as it's safe to do so. Get them in here, find them somewhere to live. We'll sort the details out after the war.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
your last line (Edit) seems to be the best outcome , the guy is , despite continuous provocation by the west (America mainly under the guise of NATO ) the guy is still dangerously unhinged in his slanted view of the world ...."if there is no Russia then why do we need a planet"......wtf...?? the man who ended the world as we know it ...!!? i do believe that Nato and America have a lot to answer for ....continually poking the wasps nest has been anti- diplomacy over the last 30 years.

Not the west's fault, if the Eastern European countries Russia occupied so brutally now want absolutely nothing to do with them. But I guess i'm not the first to make this point.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This must be the most humiliating video of all time for the Russian army. The Ukrainians sure do have a great sense of humour.

Clicked on to the wrong part of that link, and came across some rare prats, even by Twatter standards - African brothers standing with their Russian brothers against fascist Ukraine - as if Putin is doing all this to protect the rights of black Africans living and studying in Ukraine!

Give it a f***in' rest, 'brothers'!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
A little light relief (see second comment). This one's for you [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] 😁
FMnoM4_XoAAjGuS.jpeg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Refugees. If they need to come, just let them in.

I cannot believe we would be quibbling about this. It's not like they're just coming for benefits and NHS etc, which is usually the spurious accusation levelled by the ignorant.

It's going to be almost entirely women and children. All the time, we're waiting for the Daily Mail's reaction, cynical predators will be eying an opportunity

95% are going to return as soon as it's safe to do so. Get them in here, find them somewhere to live. We'll sort the details out after the war.

Absolutely. Every hour that women and children are on the road and away from their male relatives, they are at risk of human traffickers and other people with bad intentions.

It’s not surprising that the disgusting Tory party’s first instinct is to put obstacles in their way, only considering more helpful action when yet again, the public have to provide a moral compass for the nasty party.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
From the BBC:

'In a statement posted to Facebook, Ukrainian officials said approximately 5,300 Russian troops have been killed, and claimed that 191 tanks, 29 fighter jets, 29 helicopters and 816 armoured personnel carriers have been destroyed by Ukraine's forces.'

No wonder Putin is becoming desperate. It looks like Putin v Zelensky was indeed a mismatch, but not in the way Putin intended.

Sadly, I don't find that much more convincing than Putin's drivel. Would be great if it is true though (apart from the 5300 young lives lost needlessly).

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Not the west's fault, if the Eastern European countries Russia occupied so brutally now want absolutely nothing to do with them. But I guess i'm not the first to make this point.

look mate , thats all in the past ....this is now and this guy is a bit of a loon.....the "west" would have seen this coming, and here it is.

within the next 14 days you will have a good idea wether your family have a future or not so perhaps drop the sarcasm , it is what it is .......i've been bagging China on here and you lot have been ridiculing me , well now here we are.....!!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
A little light relief (see second comment). This one's for you [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] 😁
View attachment 145574

A really shocking and poignant image from a European city in the twentieth first century :nono:

The fact they think they can just do whatever the **** they think they like makes my blood boil. And those soldiers are hardly any better.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Still can't really see what can be discussed at the meeting between Ukraine and Russia.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
A little light relief (see second comment). This one's for you [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] ��

there's been a theme throughout, the civilian population arent particular scared of the Russian army. probably helps they are shooting at civilians*. think they genuinely dont really know whats going on, they've gone off on some exercise, or told they're to aid Ukrainians. when they hit resistance they melt away because they dont expect to have to fight.

* i know thats not 100% but generally. scenes of civilian hits seem to be rocket/artillary that is remote, commanders may not know what they are firing on.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Still can't really see what can be discussed at the meeting between Ukraine and Russia.

I have a feeling there won't be any discussions, more likely a very nasty accident will occur and we will not see the Ukrainian delegation ever again, if it was me in charge. I would not be going unless there were neutral armed forces present.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I would err on the side of his nuclear rhetoric being a distraction form the fact his troops are doing as well as he’d hoped. It’s unnerving but it does need to be out into context.

Having said that, we have to work on the fact he has immense nuclear capability and is mad enough to use it. Possibly a warning detonation over the North Sea. Which would likely trigger multiple strikes around the globe.

As counter intuitive as it appears we need to have a clear de-escalation path for Putin to climb down. Leaving him zero options is the quickest way to Nuclear war. Which isn’t a war, it’s mutual destruction.

I agree but he can't walk away from this claiming any type of victory.

His huge strategic mistake and murder of innocents must be seen to be a loss (to the Russian Generals and elites). State TV will of course make up rubbish.

I'm no military man, but I read his huge mistake was in his over confidence and the Ukrainians desire and ability to fight him. If you had organised a proper multi wave blitzkrieg (rather than one wave without good logistics), he would've probably succeeded.

Let him off the hook and he's the type that will brood, go away, plot, fix the errors and try all over again. He won't accept defeat, but for a strongman defeat could be the end of this dangerous loon from within.

It's a balancing act, but off ramps are fine in the esculatory stage, now he has invaded and bombed a country he must be dealt a strategic defeat.

fwiw he won't use nukes. Ukraine is non nuclear, NATO isn't fighting Russia. He's cornered himself, and letting off a lunatic loner with all sorts of paranoias and hatred of historical injustices isbt going to improve if he's let off, it will worsen and he'll become more revengeful regardless.

This has to end here strategically. He must be seen to have gambled and lost

In saying that, it's not over yet.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
What are there guys on?
The Kremlin has accused the European Union of hostile behaviour towards Russia, saying weapons supplies to Ukraine were dangerous and destabilising and proved that Russia was right in its efforts to demilitarise its neighbour.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I agree but he can't walk away from this claiming any type of victory.

His huge strategic mistake and murder of innocents must be seen to be a loss (to the Russian Generals and elites). State TV will of course make up rubbish.

I'm no military man, but I read his huge mistake was in his over confidence and the Ukrainians desire and ability to fight him. If you had organised a proper multi wave blitzkrieg (rather than one wave without good logistics), he would've probably succeeded.

Let him off the hook and he's the type that will brood, go away, plot, fix the errors and try all over again. He won't accept defeat, but for a strongman defeat could be the end of this dangerous loon from within.

It's a balancing act, but off ramps are fine in the esculatory stage, now he has invaded and bombed a country he must be dealt a strategic defeat.

fwiw he won't use nukes. Ukraine is non nuclear, NATO isn't fighting Russia. He's cornered himself, and letting off a lunatic loner with all sorts of paranoias and hatred of historical injustices isbt going to improve if he's let off, it will worsen and he'll become more revengeful regardless.

This has to end here strategically. He must be seen to have gambled and lost

In saying that, it's not over yet.

What a good post.

Once this is over do you think the West will try and get to Putin / seek to neutralise Russia a bit like we did to Germany in 1945? Could we even do that?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
What a good post.

Once this is over do you think the West will try and get to Putin / seek to neutralise Russia a bit like we did to Germany in 1945? Could we even do that?

We could it economically, to a significant degree.

If we can ween our continent off the resources Russia supplies, the nation will go bankrupt and the military capacity will greatly reduce.

Whether we will is another question

Doing it militarily? Not while they hold those warheads

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here