Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Slade is new Albion manager (until the end of the season)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He even looks like the kind of guy to get us out of this mess. Unlike Mickey ''nicey nicey let's all cuddle the players'' Adams.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Dare I say it he almost looks like a poor mans Neil Warnock, which is exactly what we need right now.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm fairly happy with that.

Keep us up - and personally I believe we have more chance with him than if we had gone down the Pardew route - then give him two years and the chance to bring his own staff in, in the summer

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Why has he been giving a contract to the end of the season?

Surely if we stay up he'll be given an extension and if we go down I can't see us getting anyone better.

Good appointment though, I'm confident he's the man to keep us up.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Seems noone has considered that maybe Slade only wnated a contract till the end of the season. As it seems he had a bit of a run in with his previous chairtman and I suspect that after Wilkins, Dick may have got himself a bit of a reputation, maybe Russell wanted to see how he got on with the club before he committed past this season.

Whatever, he has a pretty good track record and as a manager has won more than he's lost on very limited budgets. Quite capable of saving us methinks.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sully i see you spell aswell as me.....
I am pleased that its over,and maybe now we can all just focus on the pitch and get behind the team this saturday which should be amazing....And then sort out the backroom staff,also see if slade is good enough at the END of the season.........COME ON ALBION.........LETS PISS ALL OVER ORIE`AINT.........:albion2::clap2::albion2:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Tomorrow's the chance for the fans and the team to show him our potential. Rallying call to Brisbane Road.
New manager bounce? We need it.

PG
"Russell Slade's Blue and White Army"

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Forgive me if this is overly cynical, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I think in the past 2 weeks we have had about 5 - 10 managers who were going to sign tomorow.

nothing personal.

All rumours from other NSC idiots, not an ounce of truth in any of them, i am surprised that you were sucked in by them.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Can't say i'm at all enthusiastic about him.

Not at all surprising really-considering you aren't enthusiastic about anything other than your attention seeking.

Seems noone has considered that maybe Slade only wnated a contract till the end of the season. As it seems he had a bit of a run in with his previous chairtman and I suspect that after Wilkins, Dick may have got himself a bit of a reputation, maybe Russell wanted to see how he got on with the club before he committed past this season.

Whatever, he has a pretty good track record and as a manager has won more than he's lost on very limited budgets. Quite capable of saving us methinks.

That seems to make sense to me.

Don't do it again

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No matter what we may think it makes absolute sense to keep White & Booker. At this stage it would be rash for anyone to just kick out the experience available - if relationships don't work out on the ground there are plenty of quite practical ways of dealing with it.

I am more concerned that this is realistically a caretaker appointment. As others have said that could be his choice as well as ours and I'm sure it won't affect his committment but (and please don't use this to re-open old wounds) wouldn't it be nice to have a manager stay longer than five minutes.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Congrats Russell lets hope we get some passion and belief back into our lads.

Massive games over the next few days;

Leyton Orient
Southend (my birthday match-which we always win, pressure on)
Yeovil

5 points please, 9 if you are feeling magical.

Russell Slades blue and white army.....:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here