Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Slade is new Albion manager (until the end of the season)

Get behind The new manager and the team.If this guy rules with an iron rod,kicks back side and takes no S..T,that will be fine by me.He has a point to prove,so let's at least give him a chance.Th players we have are good enough to keep us up.We should not be in this position anyway.
UP THE ALBION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Same old muppets coming out of the woodwork (Withdean Wanderer and badger)..

1) What makes you think any big names in football management would want to take the job at a club that’s bottom of the 3rd division

2) I’d rather trust Dick Knight- a successful, multi millionaire business man over a couple of spotty no-mark geeks that post dross on a football message board.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

1) What makes you think any big names in football management would want to take the job at a club that’s bottom of the 3rd division

2) I’d rather trust Dick Knight- a successful, multi millionaire business man over a couple of spotty no-mark geeks that post dross on a football message board.

Well said Dwayne... Plus the fact that any big name managers that are available are available for a reason!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Will the players play for someone who might not be here in 3 months is my only concern

We've got a lot of players who might not be here in 3 months so they're all in the same boat really.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

I'm not sure if WW may not actually be Dick Knight using it all as a PR machine in a dastardly plan to keep control for ever and ever, ha ha ha ha ha (manic laugh). :ohmy:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

1) if there were genuinely 30 applicants within 3 days of Adams leaving, then you can be fairly sure one of them was better than a bloke who left Yeovil having picked up only a few more points than us. It's not neccessarily the name that's the problem, it's the pedigree. "Look what he did at Scarborough" is all very well, but not really much stronger than "look what Adams did when he was first here and at Leicester".

2) Yes, you trust Dick Knight - the same man who gave Martin Hinshelwood the job to manage us in Division 1; The same man who let Coppell leave just for a quick buck; the same man who let McGhee take the flack for what were mainly the boards mistakes; the same man who sacked Mark McGhee so late that he ruined a whole season; the same man who then made the appointment of Dean Wilkins who brought crowds down below 5000 for the first time in donkeys years; the same man who then sacked Wilkins for no apparent reason just as results were picking up, in favour of an old favourite who's taken us spectacularly down the toilet.

Must be a muppet if we're raising eyebrows over this appointment. :jester:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Solid, experienced manager with a decent track record at our level. A good appointment. Well done DK and the board:thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
booker and white staying as well :clap:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
worst case scenario - Slade until the end of the season and the dynamic duo still in a job. FFS :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
worst case scenario - Slade until the end of the season and the dynamic duo still in a job. FFS :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

What have they done that is so wrong? Were they not in the team that took us up in the Championship AND kept us up in the Championship?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
That said, just seen him on Seagulls World - he talks a bloody good game!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here