Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Slade is new Albion manager (until the end of the season)

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Lets ALL get behind him and judge him on his results, he's walked into a massive injury crisis (and suspension joke, Virgo) so his job will be made even worse, but the club have now made 5 loan signings to ease the problem. Itsssssssssssssssssss Chrissssssssssstmasssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CoCoa

Dec 18, 2007
he won't be in charge tomorrow as he will be at Withdean sorting out the beer tent Yeh!!!!!!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I, for one, am happy to give him the rest of this season to prove his worth. [although I too feel somewhat underwhelmed].

But the fella has Conference experience, so is Dick's eye on the future? [let's hope not!] He also has zero Championship level experience which is where most of us want/expect to be when we move into Falmer at the start of the season after next.

So, is he a good choice? Jury is out, so let's not pass judgement on him until May 3rd when we can then all see exactly what he has, or has not, achieved.

Amen.
[yep, we should all be praying for a positive outcome]

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
My fear is we'll have to go through this whole managerial saga in 2/3 months time if he decides he wants out!

D

Deleted member 2719

Great that we have a manager let's see what he can do.

:ascarf::ascarf::ascarf:

I just hope he bows to Knight when he speaks to him.

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
Russell Slade is just what we need - everyone needs to get behind him and the players and we will escape relegation. Then next season Russell can take us out of league one the right way!

Good signing!

:thumbsup:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Never heard of the bloke but checking his stats he seems alright, not happy with this short contract though...what if he wants out? thrn we are stuck without a manager all over again...unless DK is planning on another Gannon assault in July?!

Cautious but optimistic about the new manager I say.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Dwayne, how am I a muppet for having some surprise and doubts at a new manager? Are you saying that WHOEVER we appointed should have been met with unanimous delight from everyone? I've already said none of us, including me, know a lot about Slade. My impression of him over the last couple of years hasn't been particularly great I have to say, and it seems a very strange appointment to me in the long-run. If I can't say that on here then what's the point in having the board? However, in terms of doing the job in keeping us up there is every chance he will do it, and in my mind he starts with a blank canvas and will be judged on what he does from now on. He wouldn't have been first choice, but he's by no means last so let's see what the man has to offer.

Also I would definitely keep him for next season, for one very simple reason. If we change managers again then the new man will need time to assess the squad, buy/sell players etc. That will mean next season is a write off. If we keep Slade for next season then he effectively has the next 14 games now to find out about the players and realise where we're lacking in time for next year. That would mean that, regardless of what division we're in, we would have a CHANCE of being successful next season, and I'd take that over another year of a new manager arsing around trying to work out what's what.

Oh please just f*** OFF will you? You're just so so DULL........

Well done DK, I have a good feeling about this guy. He sounds very positive, insightful and inspirational. Welcome RS :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think we should just draw a huge line under this now and back Slade.

We are now all in this mess together so let's just be positive and hope we are the two from five that manage to stay up.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
You f***ing idiot. It's a messageboard, I'm expressing an opinion. It's allowed. In fact it's kind of essential. Can't say I've ever noticed you until now (with that in mind, maybe a messageboard isn't quite right for you. You're clearly not bringing a lot to the party) but at least I can safely file under "bellend" now:thumbsup:

Also good to see you call me dull yet your view on the biggest news of the season is "I have a good feeling. Welcome." You GENIUS!

Problem is mate - you do come across as a bit of a prick

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here