• It doesnt matter, I'll be there anyway

Votes: 109 60.6%
  • Means I can watch it on telly

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Rubbish idea

Votes: 40 22.2%
  • Shit, if its not Saturday, I cant go

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • YES, if its not Saturday I can now make it!

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
It has to be 3:00pm Saturday 6th August. Everything is planned for that, ell it is at my house anyway. This is a day that will be forever embedded in Albions history, and a Friday evening game would be a complete piss take. Sunday wouldn't be much better either.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
haven't read all the thread

Should be on Saturday at 3pm. 5.30 wouldn't be bad but, as a few have said this is a special day that TV shouldn't mess with too much.

For exiles like myself, I would bet a lot of money that whether the game is live on TV or not, there will be cameras at the ground and a link will be available somewhere on the internet. Especially with no prem games on. Perhaps we'll get that amazing commentator from the Huddersfield game again.

I'd fly halfway around the world for this game if I could get a ticket but I think we'll atleast be able to see a blurry stream of it. It's better than nothing.

D

Deleted member 18477

My Preference:
1. sat 3pm
2. sat 12.45pm
3. sat 5.30pm
4. sun 1-1.30pm
5. fri f*** OFF!!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
They can have a 10am kick off if they like, as long as it's on the Saturday.

Have I mentioned it's my 50th birthday that day? :whistle:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Great for sense of occasion & a real coming out party for The Albion after the wilderness years. I know a lot of people will be feeling aggrieved but what better way to announce our arrival than this.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
For all those saying that 3pm on Sat should be non-negotiable because it's a day that should be 'for the fans', have you considered that there are perhaps one or two more fans than can actually fit inside the stadium?

I 100% agree that Friday or Sunday would be utterly crap and Sat lunchtime would not be great either, but can't see why those fortunate enough to go would have a problem with a 5.45 KO on the Saturday.

We get our awesome new home showcased on national telly - all the Nigels will be watching, green with envy and the tens of thousands of our fans who can't get tickets will be able to watch it live and get a sense of the occasion we all deserve to enjoy - not just the lucky few with tickets.

And the downside? Having to wait 165 more minutes to finally see us in our brand new home. I think after all we've been through, another 165 minutes to allow every Brighton fan a chance to share the moment is a price worth paying.

There is no downside, gives us an extra 165 minutes for more :drink::clap2:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Facts are:

1 BBC can show 10 live championship only games next season.
2 Sky can show live FL games from any division.
3 This season Sky covered a L1 match opening weekend as presumably not enough 'showy' championship games came up.
4 The club can't refuse if chosen.
5 The police can object though if the proposed k.o. time is 'unsuitable'.

Take from that as you wish, but you'd have to assume the police would block a Friday evening k.o.

Personally I think we're nailed on to be selected for live match opening weekend, not saying I like it but just seems we're an obvious choice.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No option for 'I hope it is on tele so everyone can us celebrate the people who made it possible'

Exactly my sentiments. There are going to be plenty of people that will be interested in the game, whether they be those that can't get tickets, the infirm, ex-pats, those that made it possible and so on and so forth. It should DEFINITELY be on TV.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Exactly my sentiments. There are going to be plenty of people that will be interested in the game, whether they be those that can't get tickets, the infirm, ex-pats, those that made it possible and so on and so forth. It should DEFINITELY be on TV.

Quite. People saying that it should be on Saturday 3pm as that would be "for the fans", is a backwards argument. If it ends up 3pm Saturday far LESS Brighton fans will get to see it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You are not allowed to show games live on TV at 3pm on a saturday.
But they are , all the pubs show Premier League games using a subsciption from one of many European satellite TV providers which Sky doesn't like because its a cheaper option.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
OH MY GOD!!!!!!! Just realised Im goıng to be ın the UK August 6th!!!!!!! Now Im absolutely desperate to get a ticket!!!!!! Someone tell me we'll be able to buy tickets!!!
There will be about 900 tickets on general sale , the only problem is there will be 30,000 (25,000 glory hunters) applying for tickets as it is such a historic game

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Only recently there was a ruling and it's still a bit of a grey area.

The judgement is due to be handed down shortly from the ECJ with the recommendation that the EU "Television Without Frontiers" directive is upheld and no further appeal can be lodged.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Quite. People saying that it should be on Saturday 3pm as that would be "for the fans", is a backwards argument. If it ends up 3pm Saturday far LESS Brighton fans will get to see it.

Most of the fans who have had to suffer the Priestfield and Withdean will have a ticket, besides I can't really see the attraction of watchin it on TV - the new ground is all about being there. My mate has a bit of soft spot for Arsenal so wanted to watch their first game at the Emirates on the tele so we went to the pub to watch it with him. Totally pointless exercise in terms of seeing the new ground with no sense of occasion, even he agreed it was a stupid idea in the end.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Another thing that has to be taken into consideration is other clubs in the area , namely Crawley , if they get a home fixture on August 6th will Sussex Police want our match moved to another day ? You can set parameters in the fixture compiling software but its not 100% certain we will get a home game on August 6th anyway.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Most of the fans who have had to suffer the Priestfield and Withdean will have a ticket, besides I can't really see the attraction of watchin it on TV - the new ground is all about being there. My mate has a bit of soft spot for Arsenal so wanted to watch their first game at the Emirates on the tele so we went to the pub to watch it with him. Totally pointless exercise in terms of seeing the new ground with no sense of occasion, even he agreed it was a stupid idea in the end.
Agreed.

As far as our fans are concerned, what is the POINT of putting it on the tellybox? I'm sure exiles and others locked out will get to see a match there at some point, but surely there is little difference for them whether that live match is August 6th or November 23rd or whatever.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Would this affect the BBC/ITV/CH5?

No , only Sky and ESPN , by the way other European broadcasters do show live games from the Championship , with an odd few from L1 and L2 at 3pm on Saturdays as well as Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here