• It doesnt matter, I'll be there anyway

Votes: 109 60.6%
  • Means I can watch it on telly

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Rubbish idea

Votes: 40 22.2%
  • Shit, if its not Saturday, I cant go

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • YES, if its not Saturday I can now make it!

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
though im not sure why they would want to show this game, its not of that great an interest outside Sussex. unless we get one ot the teams coming down or big teams that failed to go up.

I don't think this argument stands up, it is one you could use for just about any Championship side, most are of interest only in their local area or to a few fans who have moved away. Most people who tune into coverage of Championship games just do so because they are interested in football and want to watch a live game on the box without paying royally for the privelage. I have watched a couple of Championship games this season just because they were on, and to be fair they were both watchable, I don't see what difference it being the Albion instead of the likes of Norwich, Swansea or Reading...none of whom have a particularly large national following.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
BBC dont do live Championship football ....in fact, they have lost most of their footy to Sky now.

Are you SURE of that? They have Cardiff vs QPR in a few weeks

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I don't think this argument stands up, it is one you could use for just about any Championship side, most are of interest only in their local area or to a few fans who have moved away. Most people who tune into coverage of Championship games just do so because they are interested in football and want to watch a live game on the box without paying royally for the privelage. I have watched a couple of Championship games this season just because they were on, and to be fair they were both watchable, I don't see what difference it being the Albion instead of the likes of Norwich, Swansea or Reading...none of whom have a particularly large national following.

I agree there are two things that would make covering us first game of the season in August 2011 appealing to BBC/Sky 1) we are the runaway champions of the league below (hopefully) 2) we have a brand new stadium (after years without having one). That would be much more of an interest to a TV company than say Barnsley v Coventry that could also be a fixture on that day for example.

D

Deleted User X18H

I think the first match live on the BBC would be a fantastic spectacle for the club , the city , and everyone who is proud of Brighton & Hove Albion.

Why is it so important to have it at 3pm on the Saturday? If the club goes the way the chairman and most of us want it to go then we'd all better get used to diverse kick off times. And quick.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
BBC dont do live Championship football ....in fact, they have lost most of their footy to Sky now.

Utter rubbish, they do 10-15 games a season (and pretty much always a game for the first weekend) and they have the same rights for next season too, it ends the season after that.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Seriously what is the issue? We get paid a whopping great fee presumably (I've looked but can't find detail of how much - just assuming it will be "not insignificant").

It will have no impact on our match revenue otherwise and it will not be especially disruptive to anyone no matter what time it is played.

What on earth are people getting so precious about? The days of every match kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday are long gone and I'd like to bet that many complaining on here have paid their SKY subscriptions to watch games whenever. So climb down off those high horses please.

Loosen up and enjoy the occassion. This will make no difference whatsoever except to share our story with the world (and much more importantly to let me see the match :lolol: )

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Public transport on a sunday is f***ing shite in this country, recipe for disaster.
Rail replacement buses anyone?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
If i can get a ticket, i will be there regardless of when it is played. I will be absolutely delighted if it is shown live on tv as it means thousands like me who MIGHT not be able to get a ticket will at least be able to see this historic game for Brighton and Hove Albion.

FWIW i think those of you saying this should just be for the fans are quite frankly being a bit selfish, you will have plenty of notice to change plans and like me if you have a ticket you WILL still be there.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Seems unlikely I will be able to be there so good news for me if true - I can understand why some people wouldn't be happy with it being shifted from3pm on the Saturday, although I wouldn't have though lunchtime the same day was much of a push if selected.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
:whistle:erm what if we are away from home on aug 6th ? is it set in stone that we are at home . Cant imagine any fixture fixing at HQ

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
If i can get a ticket, i will be there regardless of when it is played. I will be absolutely delighted if it is shown live on tv as it means thousands like me who MIGHT not be able to get a ticket will at least be able to see this historic game for Brighton and Hove Albion.

FWIW i think those of you saying this should just be for the fans are quite frankly being a bit selfish, you will have plenty of notice to change plans and like me if you have a ticket you WILL still be there.

I do agree, with our ST sales, there will be thousands (maybe tens of thousands) of people whom would be locked out of this game that would love to be there. I think it would be really good if they could enjoy the occasion as well if it was on the box...... please don't let it be Friday night though.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I would imagine the club would not be too happy about a Friday game. It puts far more pressure on the public transport to and from the game. Same could be said for the Sunday as well. I think only a 5:45 kick off on a Saturday should be considered if it is going to be moved for TV.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Friday night would be PROPER SHIT, as most people won't have visited the stadium yet and will not have had the opportunity of sussing out how best to get there. Thats not going to be such an issue at the weekend, but getting there for the very first time straight after work on a Friday evening could turn out to be a right old task. Plus the fact it means most people are just rushing to get to the game on time, having VERY little opportunity to arrive, enjoy the surroundings and do some exploring. Friday would be a f***ed UP idea and would royally piss me off.

Lunchtime Saturday OR Sunday would be a bit crap, as it takes away the opportunity of trying out the bars for a pre-match bevvy. 5.30 Saturday wouldn't be too bad I suppose, I could put up with that.

Overall though, I sincerely hope its left for 3pm Saturday. There's plenty of opportunity to televise games later on in the season. This first one is a special one for the fans though and shouldn't be mucked about with.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Seriously what is the issue? We get paid a whopping great fee presumably (I've looked but can't find detail of how much - just assuming it will be "not insignificant").

It will have no impact on our match revenue otherwise and it will not be especially disruptive to anyone no matter what time it is played.

What on earth are people getting so precious about? The days of every match kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday are long gone and I'd like to bet that many complaining on here have paid their SKY subscriptions to watch games whenever. So climb down off those high horses please.

Loosen up and enjoy the occassion. This will make no difference whatsoever except to share our story with the world (and much more importantly to let me see the match :lolol: )

The last bit, in brackets, kind of spoils the argument, but... THIS ^...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here