• It doesnt matter, I'll be there anyway

Votes: 109 60.6%
  • Means I can watch it on telly

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Rubbish idea

Votes: 40 22.2%
  • Shit, if its not Saturday, I cant go

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • YES, if its not Saturday I can now make it!

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

3.00pm Saturday 6th August.

Please, dear football club, tell the TV chaps to do one.

Come back when we've got ourselves settled in.

This, leave the first game to a traditional three o'clock Saturday afternoon kick off, we'll have plenty more matches to play in front of the cameras at unusual times in the future.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
IF its on the tellybox I would prefer 12.45 ko as IF we were to win we would be top of the league (for a while anyway :laugh:)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Agreed.

As far as our fans are concerned, what is the POINT of putting it on the tellybox? I'm sure exiles and others locked out will get to see a match there at some point, but surely there is little difference for them whether that live match is August 6th or November 23rd or whatever.

Completely disagree. There will be plenty of fans that aren't able to see it for whatever reason. It is a monumental occasion, not some mid-November match. Watching the first game would be better than nothing. There will be a build up, a potted history, interviews and so on and so forth.

I'm not advocating moving it to a Friday night or Sunday. To say that the game is the same as a latter league game is rubbish. I am not advocating it to be put on the box for my sake, I very much doubt I would be able to see all/any of it as I shall be gallivanting about in Bath for a wedding, but there will be those that do not have tickets that will want to see it. I don't see the big deal with it being shifted to a early evening or lunchtime slot.

Smithy24

Sep 1, 2009
Another thing that has to be taken into consideration is other clubs in the area , namely Crawley , if they get a home fixture on August 6th will Sussex Police want our match moved to another day ? You can set parameters in the fixture compiling software but its not 100% certain we will get a home game on August 6th anyway.

They'd just move their match and give them an away game, seeing as Pride was moved especially for us.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I don't want to sound like a grumpy git but I still don't really understand what significance the game has to people if they're not actually at the stadium.

Hopefully (and more likely imo) the TV cameras will come down when we play Portsmouth, Southampton or Palace.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Great for sense of occasion & a real coming out party

No. NO. NOOOOOOO..... If we've told you once, we've told you a THOUSAND times...

GAY PRIDE HAS BEEN MOVED...

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I cannot believe the club would entertain moving this momentous game. I shall be SERIOUSLY pissed off if it's not 3pm on Saturday. There are plenty more games which can be televised, and I'm quite prepared for our fixtures to be mucked around for TV next season - however, the first game at the Amex HAS to be sacrosanct.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Dont really care when it is that weekend, good to be on TV for all those who cant get tickets or cant be there to watch it, only problem with 5:30pm on the saturday is i'll probably be so pissed by then i wont remember a single thing about it!!!!!!!

D

Deleted User X18H

Won't be on the Friday that is the last day of the big August meeting at Brighton ! Warren Road on that Friday late afternoon.......ooh!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I cannot believe the club would entertain moving this momentous game. I shall be SERIOUSLY pissed off if it's not 3pm on Saturday. There are plenty more games which can be televised, and I'm quite prepared for our fixtures to be mucked around for TV next season - however, the first game at the Amex HAS to be sacrosanct.

A momentous occasion that could be seen by more than just the paying folk in the stadium? I don't see the big deal in moving it to a later or earlier spot to televise it.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The last game at the Goldstone was our last PROPER home game.
The first league game at the AMEX will be our next PROPER home game.
PROPER football kicks off three o'clock on saturday.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We've sold our soul to the devil with the 1901 club, padded seats, the most expensive stadium in the country £/seat, entertaining the away fans with pictures of their heroes, various membership schemes, mascots and cheerleaders. What is a different kick off time in the grander scheme of things to allow more to watch the game?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
3 o'clock ko on 6th August. No other time will do.

Absolutely this.

People are already planning their all-day Amex experience. The BBC can find another game to move.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
BBC usually have Championship games 17.30 on a Saturday so i don't think they'll be too much of a problem just having the game a cupple of hours later + it won't be our first game of the season.

gully is my god

Apr 13, 2011
Hove
I don't want to sound like a grumpy git but I still don't really understand what significance the game has to people if they're not actually at the stadium.

Cant you just think about the people who want to be there but wont be able to, so can at least experience the moment as much as possible. its a lot easier to do that watching it on tv than listening to it on the radio which would be the only other option.

Some of us, including a lot of my family have been going to see the albion since they were kids in the 60s. Unable to get season tickets (financial reasons and the fact that i now live up north as a student) doesnt make me any less of a fan - or is fan status now based on your income? Share the moment with people who want to be there.

What is there not to understand? Have you ever watched a football game on tv and enjoyed it? I think so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here