• It doesnt matter, I'll be there anyway

Votes: 109 60.6%
  • Means I can watch it on telly

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Rubbish idea

Votes: 40 22.2%
  • Shit, if its not Saturday, I cant go

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • YES, if its not Saturday I can now make it!

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
OH MY GOD!!!!!!! Just realised Im goıng to be ın the UK August 6th!!!!!!! Now Im absolutely desperate to get a ticket!!!!!! Someone tell me we'll be able to buy tickets!!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
OH MY GOD!!!!!!! Just realised Im goıng to be ın the UK August 6th!!!!!!! Now Im absolutely desperate to get a ticket!!!!!! Someone tell me we'll be able to buy tickets!!!

900 up for grabs...

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
:whistle:erm what if we are away from home on aug 6th ? is it set in stone that we are at home . Cant imagine any fixture fixing at HQ

I think it is isn't it? We have played away from home first game for the last x number of seasons because of Pride being on that weekend. Now they have moved Pride to the week after (13th Aug) so we can play the first game of the season at home. They (BHA/Police etc.) can arrange this type of things with the football league i.e BHA (h) 6th Aug, (a) 13th Aug. The way the fixtures come out isn't totally random.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
900 up for grabs...

How do I get one... suppose this is pay at the gate??? (I know this has been all done before but I missed it as I didnt expect to be there)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Nothing announced, but club said they have been including the last few home and away games as 'loyalty points' so if I was you, I'd at least get registered on the club site to get a fan number. No announcement but will be tight, certainly not pay on the door

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
f*** the rest of the world, this is the day that Albion fans have been waiting years for.

what about all the ex-pat Albion supporters then?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...That would be much more of an interest to a TV company than say Barnsley v Coventry that could also be a fixture on that day for example.

but would it be more intersting than say West Ham v Forest? depends on the fixtures of course, and dont know how they decide exactly what game is on telly. sort of thing that makes the featured game in the highlights.

:whistle:erm what if we are away from home on aug 6th ? is it set in stone that we are at home . Cant imagine any fixture fixing at HQ

its a given as gay parade has moved. theres a fair bit of jiggery pokery after the fixtures computer does its stuff, theres a feature on the BBC sport about it. they can't program in all the exceptions and conflicts with things outside football.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
For all those saying that 3pm on Sat should be non-negotiable because it's a day that should be 'for the fans', have you considered that there are perhaps one or two more fans than can actually fit inside the stadium?

I 100% agree that Friday or Sunday would be utterly crap and Sat lunchtime would not be great either, but can't see why those fortunate enough to go would have a problem with a 5.45 KO on the Saturday.

We get our awesome new home showcased on national telly - all the Nigels will be watching, green with envy and the tens of thousands of our fans who can't get tickets will be able to watch it live and get a sense of the occasion we all deserve to enjoy - not just the lucky few with tickets.

And the downside? Having to wait 165 more minutes to finally see us in our brand new home. I think after all we've been through, another 165 minutes to allow every Brighton fan a chance to share the moment is a price worth paying.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
the fact the game would be broadcast properly on television also means we could have a proper quality DVD done for the first match...FANTASTIC MEMENTO!

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
but would it be more intersting than say West Ham v Forest? depends on the fixtures of course, and dont know how they decide exactly what game is on telly. sort of thing that makes the featured game in the highlights

I agree, but the Championship kicks off a week earlier than the Premiership and there are at a minimum three and maybe even four live games on that weekend (I am sure there was at least 3 this season). Friday night, Sat (or Sun) lunchtime, Sat evening, Sun afternoon as potential TV slots (the BBC has always shown a game the first weekend and Sky a minuimum of 2). As there are only 12 fixtures to choose from, there would have to be a lot of tasty fixtures for a TV company not to be interested in us. I think it more likely than not given the fact of the new stadium and runaway div 1 champions that we will be on the box live on either the BBC or Sky.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
For all those saying that 3pm on Sat should be non-negotiable because it's a day that should be 'for the fans', have you considered that there are perhaps one or two more fans than can actually fit inside the stadium?

I 100% agree that Friday or Sunday would be utterly crap and Sat lunchtime would not be great either, but can't see why those fortunate enough to go would have a problem with a 5.45 KO on the Saturday.

We get our awesome new home showcased on national telly - all the Nigels will be watching, green with envy and the tens of thousands of our fans who can't get tickets will be able to watch it live and get a sense of the occasion we all deserve to enjoy - not just the lucky few with tickets.

And the downside? Having to wait 165 more minutes to finally see us in our brand new home. I think after all we've been through, another 165 minutes to allow every Brighton fan a chance to share the moment is a price worth paying.

top post
THIS

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Very much this. 5:45 Saturday on the BBC, everybody's happy.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
The BBC have lost the rights from the 2012/13 season, so will still show games next season.

There is NO WAY the first game will be on a Friday night. The whole reason for requesting a home game on the 6th and moving Gay Day was to avoid the possibility of having the first game as a midweek League Cup game and the associated trialling of the possible transport problems. I presume Sunday's could have similar problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here