Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Rooney cheated on Coleen with hooker while she was pregnant'

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
for me, the most annoying thing about all these recent stories (cole, crouch, rooney etc etc) is the fact that they are smoking.

Surely as a top athlete you know, and your club should enforce, that is is a ridiculous thing to smoke. Why are these players being pictured smoking left right and centre? I know in days gone by subs smoked at the side of pitch etc etc... but in this day and age with all the care that goes into player preparation regarding food, sleep etc why is smoking seemingly tolerated?

p.s, that brass is not fit

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
It's like the Tiger Woods thing again. Maybe he'll have a break from football and come back for the Euro's

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
for me, the most annoying thing about all these recent stories (cole, crouch, rooney etc etc) is the fact that they are smoking.

Surely as a top athlete you know, and your club should enforce, that is is a ridiculous thing to smoke. Why are these players being pictured smoking left right and centre? I know in days gone by subs smoked at the side of pitch etc etc... but in this day and age with all the care that goes into player preparation regarding food, sleep etc why is smoking seemingly tolerated?

p.s, that brass is not fit

At their age smoking the odd fag will make no difference to their performance. A lot of the players in La Liga smoke 40 a day.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I don't buy newspapers :thumbsup:

got fed up with all the crap and if I do need a fix of something salacious I can get it on-line for free

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
At their age smoking the odd fag will make no difference to their performance. A lot of the players in La Liga smoke 40 a day.

It will make some difference, albeit a small one. A lot depends on the attitude of the player, if you really want to be top of your game you would not smoke, binge drink or eat to excess, however you can get away with these things and still earn a very good living, so why bother?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what saddens me is it another story in a shitty paper that you all believe on face value. we know half the stories they print are bollocks, but as soon as its a celeb you assume it must be true.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
what saddens me is it another story in a shitty paper that you all believe on face value. we know half the stories they print are bollocks, but as soon as its a celeb you assume it must be true.

The more famous the subject, the more likely it is to be true. Rooney can afford the best lawywers and would sue them dry if he could. They know they have to have it legally watertight.

She'll have kept his texts for one thing.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I am not sure whether i like the idea more of footballers being like me, like some other humans with vices and failures and inbuilt worries that they simply can't get over or past; or to be simpleminded fops trapped in a world without morals, that a wrong to us is nothing to them and life goes on without apology or regret.
Their universe does seem to be one forever teenage, filled with pranks and undulating learning, but then that's largely what the majority, at a guess, of young males have in Britain now too, so it's reflective rather than shocking.
I suppose maybe the older of us might want Rooney to apologise wholeheartedly if this tale be true and to really teach himself of the effects lasciviousness can have on those around him, but none of us have the slightest inkling of what his life is actually like or how hurt this woman called Coleen might be. I don't really care if he's done something or not. But i'd like it if Rooney made a film for youngsters about the rights and wrongs of life that can be shown at schools once parents sign consent forms. Maybe then he'd join forces with the likes of Terry and wonky-mouthed Ferdinand to do a whole run of philosophical tapes on the mistreatment of women both physical and psychological, and on sexuality never being seen as an issue in football or without. They could then do one on cookery and a nice bit of topiary, carving their favourite shapes into the countless hedgerows and thick shrubbery they suddenly find they own.
It's good to learn what to be sorry for, but i suppose we all go to classes on that for an eternity and hope our best to be as right as we can by the end.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Reading your wonderful posts MB, I am VERY confident that no players are like you!:thumbsup:
:)

You have to remember i look quite a lot like this, so it's not impossible he thinks similarly to me, but in Swedish.
LIVET_I_DAG_23588b.jpg

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Dear God, if you consider the Sunday Times a paper of record and repute.

Every weekend they cheerfully run half a dozen stories which they know to be untrue. I know they don't follow the tabloid agenda but anyone who's ever worked in journalism will tell you there's no point following up Sunday Times "exclusives" because they're always bullshit.

Yep. Is the Sunday Sport still going? At least you knew where you were with their exclusives.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Doesn't look like you get much for £1k - I'd have thought that you could get much better for free and probably less likely to go to the press too!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
what he or any footballer does with his own time is his business
as long as he puts in a good game for MU or England why should anyone worry
best player against Bulgaria

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
what he or any footballer does with his own time is his business
as long as he puts in a good game for MU or England why should anyone worry
best player against Bulgaria

So role models to kids don't count and then there is always the prospect of being blackmailed?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So role models to kids don't count and then there is always the prospect of being blackmailed?

who would know
other than the scum media we have in this country spreading it all over their rag papers.
kids I would hope would copy his on field behavior(which seems to have quietened down in the last few games) and is reasonably OK.
Blackmail would of coarse be dealt with one hopes by the police

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
not if they have worldwide image rights.
he will tarnish his image and loose his image rights.
but yes the football side is irrelevent. but then these players are not just footballers they are models and celebrities who have a public image and use that to sell products.

exactly then its up to him NOT to get into these situations or not get caught he sells those products to the people who see him doing this.
my point is in my last sentence in my original post

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
who would know
other than the scum media we have in this country spreading it all over their rag papers.

That same 'scum media' has exposed the long-suspected, but largely unproven cheating in Pakistani cricket - and that, I think, is very much of public interest.

Pakistani media would never have done such an investigation on its own team.

Personally, I like living in a country with a free, sophisticated media - even if it does churn out too much celebrity crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here